Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL 2019-2020 Season
Skol! That was a nail biter.
Happy Thanksgiving Cowboys fans. You're 6-6, need to be thankful that the NFC East is probably the worse division in football this year, and even though they'll win the their division they'll be one and done. Oh, and Jason Garrett needs to start clearing out his office.
That 4th down conversion by Allen where he fumbled, picked the ball up, and powered his way to a first was fuckin' NAILS

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
(11-29-2019, 12:11 AM)chavez Wrote: That 4th down conversion by Allen where he fumbled, picked the ball up, and powered his way to a first was fuckin' NAILS

I'd say he's looking like the better choice over Wentz, plus not as injury prone.
Couple of really good games yesterday, but still a bunch of stinker calls by the refs. Baltimore (much to my chagrin) keeps looking stronger and stronger each week. And the Steelers didn't "duck" the Browns in this one, even with the "Pittsburgh started it" t-shirt choice by Kitchens. And WTF is wrong with the Eagles.
Kitchens might as well have worn a t-shirt that said, "I don't deserve a 2nd year".
What an idiotic thing to do.
Already doing hand strengthening exercises for when I punch the wall after hearing Kitchens will get a second year. It shouldn't happen, but I know it will.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
The funniest thing I've heard him say was telling a reporter to dumb it down when he asked if the lack of discipline that appears to be on the team was a "systemic" thing.
Riverboat Ron's luck has just run out in Carolina.
I was surprised until I remembered they lost to the Redskins last weekend. Still, seems like he'll be a head coach again sooner rather than later.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
When you lose to the Redskins, usually someone is getting fired.
I'm not Avery.
49ers suspend their radio broadcast analyst:

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/lam...882758.php

Quote:Tim Ryan, the color analyst for the 49ers' official radio broadcast, was suspended Wednesday after saying that Lamar Jackson's "dark skin color with a dark football with a dark uniform" made it hard to stop him on zone-read plays.
Alternate headline: Color Analyst Fired For Analyzing Color
(12-04-2019, 11:30 PM)schwartz Wrote: Alternate headline: Color Analyst Fired For Analyzing Color

All the rep.
I didn't really watch the game tonight much but hey the Cowboys just lost to the Bears.
Jason Garret on the sidelines looked like someone had just shot his dog.
The 49ers/Saints game was the game of the year so far. Likely a preview of the NFC title game, too most of the country couldn't see it, unless you were lucky enough to have NFL ticket.
The Seahawks will probably have something to say about that. I'm just glad the Niners actually won a close game against a good opponent.
The Patriots got busted filming the other team again. This time? The Bengals.

THE BENGALS?!
Mike Evans looks to be done for the year for the Bucs, and Winston is questionable for Sunday. While I'd love to see the team make a run at .500, no reason to get Evans injured even more rushing him back, and why not see what you've got in Ryan Griffin right now?
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Jameis has the potential to lead the league in touchdowns AND interceptions, which neatly sums up Jameis' entire career. Think they'll re-sign him Dickson?
(12-10-2019, 01:07 PM)Mangy Wrote: The Patriots got busted filming the other team again. This time? The Bengals.

THE BENGALS?!

This is like Trump calling Ukraine literally the day after Mueller testifies before Congress. I mean didn't you learn your fucking lesson!
(12-10-2019, 02:23 PM)Mangy Wrote: Jameis has the potential to lead the league in touchdowns AND interceptions, which neatly sums up Jameis' entire career. Think they'll re-sign him Dickson?

He's second in passing yards and passing TDs in the league, and set the franchise record for yards in a season with three games left.  His stats this season are almost identical to Peyton Manning's last "bad" season in Indy (2001, when he went 6-10 with 26 TDS and 23 INTS).  They almost lost that Colts game because of him, but definitely don't win it without him.  He's behind a line that's gotten him sacked the third most times in the league and has almost no running game to take the pressure off of him.  While the defense has improved over the last half of the season, it's been a dumpster fire since he's been there.  Arians will be his third coach since joining the team.  They're drafting way too far down to get one of the top QBs coming out of college, and there sure ain't a free agent I'd jump at.  I just don't see how you can't at the very least franchise him and make next year your make or break season for him.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
I still say Gruden will try to sign Winston to the Raiders. And I stand by it!
I think Tom Brady will end up with the Raiders. I know it sounds crazy but what better way to ring in a new team to a new city and a state of the art stadium on the Vegas Strip than signing the GOAT QB.
Are they going to kidnap him?
Gamertag: Tweakee
Raiders are also one of the teams with the most assets to make a trade up to 1 for Joe Burrow if they’re inclined to go younger.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
If there is a legit franchise QB at 1 no team will pass that up. Of the top 5 or 6 picks only the Cards with Murray probably wouldn’t draft a QB. I could even see the Giants doing it thou they are poised to take the top defender.

And the Raiders would have to jump a lot to even get into the top 5. Seeing they will be middle of the pack.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Some people think the LSU QB will be the @1 pick - Joe Burrow.  Others say it will be Chase Young the DE from OSU.

people = sports radio
There is no chance the Bengals don't take a QB first.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
(Yesterday, 11:19 AM)anyawatchin angel Wrote: There is no chance the Bengals don't take a QB first.

Right, so that means poor Joe Burrow who looks to have such a great NFL career will end up being a bust.
I don't think Cincy is that hopeless at all.  This season, sure, but Joe Burrows is from Ohio and apparently was also a Mr. Basketball in the state at one point.  Recruited by OSU, entered the transfer portal to get playing time and ended up at LSU.

Folk hero potential.