Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL 2019-2020 Season
In a matchup between the team with the better defense and run game, and the more high powered offense, we know what the public usually favors, and that more often than not they are wrong. But until you beat that high-powered offense, they still look awfully dangerous. So while I would say history shows that the Niners are more likely to win, it is by no means a comfortable bet.
Yeah, it could be a very wild game. Between Mahomes and Hill, you need to run up about a 35 pt lead on KC to start feeling comfortable. And between Andy Reid and Andy Reid's moustache, KC needs to run up about a 148 pt lead before you start feeling comfortable in a playoff scenario.
(01-30-2020, 03:30 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: Two rings is a hard argument to overlook.

People have been overlooking,Jim Plunkett's argument for around 30 yrs.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate
(01-30-2020, 04:33 PM)chavez Wrote:
(01-30-2020, 03:30 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: Two rings is a hard argument to overlook.

People have been overlooking,Jim Plunkett's argument for around 30 yrs.

And he's the only two-ring QB it's happened too.  Plus he doesn't have the last name "Manning" and didn't play his entire career in New York.

I'm not saying I think Eli's two rings make him a slam-dunk in my mind, but there will be plenty of people who think that way.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Looking at stats, I found it interesting that Mahomes didn't have that much better a year than Garoppolo... Rating of 105 v 102, TD/INT of 26/5 v 27/13, Yds/Att of 8.3 v 8.4...

And Garoppolo played a -much- tougher schedule in both the regular season and playoffs. Mahomes and KC seem to be getting a lot more credit for their playoff games than they should, seeing as how they played the two weakest teams they possibly could.

I'm going with SF 34-24, w/ most of KC's points coming during garbage time.
Gamertag: Tweakee
5-1 is vastly superior TD/INT ratio than 2-1.

Mahomes lost a few steps in the midseason from minor injuries, but he's been playing his ass off in the playoffs. I'm not saying KC is a lock by any stretch, but if you are picking one QB over the other, it's a no-brainer.
Mahomes also played two and half fewer games than Garoppolo did.

----------

Oh, absolutely. I'm just saying that this is not nearly the QB mismatch it's being painted as. It wouldn't be a shock if Garoppolo has a better game than Mahomes; he's a very good QB playing against a much weaker defense.

For KC to win, Mahomes probably will have to shred a defense much better than any he's played against in a while.
Garoppolo isn't asked to do what Mahomes does. KC has to put up points because their D has been bad the last 2 seasons. SF is a run first, Defense type team. KC has been playing better D lately So I think KC has this

KC 35
SF 20
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
TAILS!!!!! YES!!!!!
I can roll with all the pomp and circumstance for a silly game... but then the political ad extolling how our President has reunited families... and now I'm pissed off.
Funny that Mahomes' INT was on a LB falling back into coverage... Garoppolo's weakness.
Donald Trump is President and Andy Reid has won a Super Bowl.

If I figure out who sent me to this bizarro universe, I'm gonna kill em!
I'm happy that Andy Reid finally won a SB. Yes, his postseason coaching has been shitty but he's been the model of consistency for such a long time. Plus, he seems like such a big, lovable lug how can you not like the guy.
I'm just mad because I'll have to come up with new material.

Oh shit. Dusty Baker could win a world series this year.
I was mostly satisfied with the game, and did not have a rooting interest in either team.  However by the end I wanted the Chiefs to stage a comeback and they did.

Commercials sucked except for Groundhog Day.
I thought the Jason Mamoa commercial was pretty funny. Then again, I don't even know what the hell they were trying to sell me.
The game was going perfectly according to the script needed for the Niners to win. You figured KC would make a late push, and the Niners would need one big stop, turnover, or one more sustained TD drive. They didn't get it, and you see what happens when you're playing the best offense in the league. Disappointing, but I never expected them to get to the Super Bowl this year, so all in all not a bad season.
I'm mostly surprised that the Chiefs won a close, low-scoring game in which Mahomes played pretty poorly.

That might've been the worst performance to win MVP that I've seen. He looked rattled for 3 quarters, well on his way to being the goat. Credit to him for hanging in until the Niners' D got tired.

I'd probably give MVP to the Chiefs' D-line. They held firm against the Niners' running game, and really put a ton of pressure on Garoppolo in that 4th quarter. If the Niners' O-Line could've pass-protected at all down the stretch, they probably win by 10-17. You know your protection is getting trounced when the other team is looking run, and -still- gets guys to the QB unblocked.
KC's defense definitely was the unit that played the most above what was expected of them. And Jimmy G is no Joe.
Chiefs defense getting that 3 and out with about 5 minutes left was the difference maker. Niners took barely a minute off the clock there and set up the Chiefs for a game winning drive where time wasn’t a factor at all.
The question of how Jimmy G. would do once he had to make plays and not just hand it off was mostly answered. I didn't think he looked that terrible and you have to give credit to the Chiefs defense for making stops when they had to. But Jimmy G. had a chance to lead his team to victory and put the game away, and he didn't come through.
Right, because he's a good quarterback and not a great quarterback. Which is exactly what we kinda knew he was. As a Niners fan I guess I was just hoping he'd have a Foles or Flacco moment where he plays above his head. He's certainly capable of it, but the consistency is what marks the best. Like, there was no question Mahomes would play better in the 4th quarter.

Speaking of Flacco... think that loss was more painful than this one. Curious what the other Niners fans here think about that.
I'd give the MVP to whoever on the Niners side decided it was a good idea to throw all over the place in the fourth quarter when they were gouging huge chunks of yardage on the ground.

----------

49ers are going to regret letting this one slip away. Going to be tough to get back with the tougher schedule, rough division, and not everything will go your way like it did this year

Decent SB. Not really exciting. Commercials sucked. Halftime show was blah. Bring on baseball
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Lots of QB changes coming in 2020-2021--Chargers have said Rivers is moving on, Panthers won't say if Cam is coming back, and Brady...well, is Brady. Bengals have also said they would be willing to try and trade Dalton to somewhere of his choosing.
I saw some speculation that Dalton might go to the Bears, which seems like the slightest step up possible while still being a step up.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
The Bucs posted a video to Twitter that seems to imply some sort of uniform change is coming.

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/12...6024881153

Most of the speculation is that it's a minor tweak that may see them keep the same logo but on a white helmet (which would allow them to wear their throwbacks) with some changes in primary uniform color and the number font.  But given how prominent the pirate ship logo is in that video, some think they may lose the battle flag and go with the ship on the helmet.

Me, I'd be happy just changing the digital clock font on the numbers, but I'd love it if they went with the creamsicle jerseys and the Super Bowl era logo, or even the current one.  Something like this would be amazing:

----------

Ugh. I really don't want to have to look at the creamsicles twice a year though.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Those were amazing uniforms tainted by the awful teams that wore them.

----------

Not a Bucs fan, but Dickson is correct.
I'm not Avery.
(02-12-2020, 09:03 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: Those were amazing uniforms tainted by the awful teams that wore them.

I always liked the creamsicles, and subjective taste aside, they're no worse than the Titans flaming thumbtacks, any NE era uni, or the Dolphins' aqua, or the broncos old blue and bright orange (or Tennessee and Texas much-beloved orange hues). 

Going to the white and orange with the updated logo looks sharp, IMO.

A Hawaiian shirt is like a cash gift - always appropriate