Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 MLB thread
Wonder if the A's will ever figure out that if you're gonna end up in this Wild Card game you might wanna flip some of those precious prospects for a starting pitcher that isn't gonna mess his pants by the second inning.
Well, scoring a bit would help, too.

These one-gamers are especially rough on them, as they stay competitive with the big spenders by putting a solid team on the field every day... Then the game changes to requiring a top-heavy roster.

These playoffs are so bad for me... It's nearly all teams I want to root against. If the A's are out, in the AL I'm left with... (shrug) the NotYankees? In the NL... Ugh. I hope they all get busted for PEDs... Or Washington, I guess - I don't hate them, at least.
Gamertag: Tweakee
I don't think anyone is beating the Astros.

Were probably getting a repeat World Series from 2 years ago: Dodgers vs. Astros.
An annual rite of passage- hate-watching the playoffs praying the Yankees/Red Sox and Dodgers lose.
I'm so very conflicted with this Braves team. Yes, they moved the team away from downtown and are assholes for that. But damn it, this team is so fun to watch...

(10-02-2019, 10:55 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Wonder if the A's will ever figure out that if you're gonna end up in this Wild Card game you might wanna flip some of those precious prospects for a starting pitcher that isn't gonna mess his pants by the second inning.

Nope!  They absolutely never will.

Already speculation as to if Billy Beane is gonna trade Marcus Semien this offseason. He isn't set to be a free agent until after next season but Beane often likes to maximize his return by shipping those guys out early.
(10-03-2019, 02:04 PM)bailey Wrote: An annual rite of passage- hate-watching the playoffs praying the Yankees/Red Sox and Dodgers lose.
Add the Cards to that list.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
I was over the moon when the Giants were able to ship Melancon to the Braves, and that 9th inning is why.
(10-03-2019, 06:32 PM)anyawatchin angel Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 02:04 PM)bailey Wrote: An annual rite of passage- hate-watching the playoffs praying the Yankees/Red Sox and Dodgers lose.
Add the Cards to that list.

Agree. Cards are almost as hateable (Yadier Molina) as those other teams.
It looks like the Yankees had a 1st round bye.
ESPN article: "Braves to reduce Tomahawk Chop in Game 5"

Cardinals score 10 in the 1st inning.

Me: "That's one way to do it."
Apparently, they started chopping after the second pitch.

It ended shortly thereafter.
When St Louis is the less racist fanbase, you're really saying something.
Well, can’t pin this one on Melancon.
So, if you're reading this after the game, who WAS the Braves' manager?

I mean... do or die game and you leave your starter in to give up 6, including walking in 2... Even Dusty Baker would be shaking his head in disapproval.
Your minimum bet HAS to be at least $1000.00.

What kind of odds would you need to bet on the Braves at this point?

Ronald Acuna is going to be the goat of this series and his failure to run out a play is going to define his career for a looooooooooooooooooooong time, maybe forever if he doesn't have some sort of play-off heroics that result in a championship.

No team should lose by 12 runs in a do or die game AT HOME!! This will be, "one for the ages"....
Mood:

[Image: giphy.webp]
Christ, Kershaw is cursed to forever blow it in the playoffs.
On the bright side though Kenley Jansen looked good when he came into the 9th. Something to build on.
hahahahahahahaha
Kershaw blows it, and the Dodgers bring Jansen in just in time to preserve a 4-run loss in a do-or-die game.

Man, I don't know if the better teams won today, but the crappy managers lost.
Wow, I wasn't watching but I did suggest to a coworker today that this outcome was inevitable at some point, if not tonight.

Dodgers pitching was always going to fail them.  Just like the last 2 years.
I'm pulling for the Nationals...Stick it to Bryce Harper that they go to the World Series the year after he leaves.
Don’t most managers bring in their closer to start the 10 inning when at home? Not like you can get the lead.

Really hope the Nats can get to the WS. Not just to stick it to Harper but fuck the Cards. A 10 run 1st?! How does that even happen
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
(10-10-2019, 04:18 AM)anyawatchin angel Wrote: Don’t most managers bring in their closer to start the 10 inning when at home?  Not like you can get the lead.  

Or the 9th.

Or even earlier, if you're not managing based on a stat. But considering all managers still do that, it's not crazy to wait w/ the closer until the 9th.

But leaving your best reliever in the bullpen while your season ends is egregious. It is a Dusty Baker move (and I'd know, since I was at a playoff game where Baker did EXACTLY that - still bitter).

But today is a day for laughing! Go... Nats, I guess!
Anybody but the Yankees. But Dodgers losing was job 1.
Go Natties!

(That’s all I have to contribute to the sportball talk.)
Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
Go Expos!
(10-10-2019, 04:32 AM)bailey Wrote: Anybody but the Yankees. But Dodgers losing was job 1.

With that seething hatred of LA, I'm going to assume that your a San Francisco Giants fan.
I just hate the Dodgers, actually.

(To be fair, and the Lakers, too.)
With how Dodgers fans treated Kershaw, if I didn't already root against them, I'd root against them!

Giants fans treated Barry Zito better -before- he had his one good run.

I mean, even Phillies fans would've... haha, no, I can't finish that one...