Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 MLB thread
Lucas Giolito, the son of Dead Heat actress Lindsay Frost, just threw a no-hitter!
Hey, White Sox are all alone in first! No, I don't aniticpate that holding for the rest of the year and no, I don't give a shit because I enjoy it right now and enjoying things in 2020 is fucking magic.
"I'm from the old school, I used to see men die for less - but I'm not livin' that way. I'll let my mic do the talking...and let the music play" - Joseph Conrad
This baseball year (if you can even call it that) l is so wacky I have no idea what to make of it. There is going to be a neutral site for the World Series, never thought I'd see the day.
2020 - The year the Padres played the White Sox in the World Series at an empty Globelife Stadium in greater Dallas/Fort Worth.
"I'm from the old school, I used to see men die for less - but I'm not livin' that way. I'll let my mic do the talking...and let the music play" - Joseph Conrad
As long as the Dodgers lose early I'll be fine.

A 3 game series in the first round is insane. I almost think it would been better to have 9 teams and give the #1 seeds a bye. 1 bad day followed by a stud pitcher and you are done.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
18 straight playoff losses for the Twins. Brutal.
Fuck the Twins! Hate those lutefisk eatin' dorks.
(09-30-2020, 05:05 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: 18 straight playoff losses for the Twins. Brutal.

I boggle at the odds of that... just random luck should sneak ONE win in there somewhere.

"Oops. We just realized that the voodoo dolls are supposed to be of the OTHER team!"
Gamertag: Tweakee
2004, last time the Twins won a playoff game. Yikes, I don't know why anyone would ever take them to be a serious threat in the playoffs.
I understand trying to jazz up the broadcast but ESPN interviewing the A's CF Laureano during a do or die game while he's involved in numerous plays is bizarre.
Renteria should be fired on the flight home.
Hmmm, good thing the Braves signed Pablo Sandoval. He can eat some innings.
Dodgers needed some of these runs the last 2 games.
One more win and the Braves will have salvaged this crappy season for me.
As always, BEAT LA!

I'm torn on the other series. I still like Dusty, but loathe pretty much everyone else involved with the Astros. And I'm not sure even people in Tampa can name 3 Rays.
I'm not a baseball or Dodgers fan but I live close enough to the stadium that I feel some bandwagon fandom for the team.  After the last couple Choketastic years that feeling has been reserved for the World Series only.  As of the 2nd WS fail. So the third run didn't even count to me because LA didn't reach the WS.

I'm not even bitter.  I'm highly amused that one of the sports radio stations in town plays Cuando sung by Engelbert Humperdinck every year when they choke.

Kenley and Kershaw must be close to reaching the end of their useful service lives.
the anticipation is making me wait
Sorry Doyers

If a Dusty Baker led team manages to complete an 0-3 comeback, it'll prove that we're now living in Bizarro World.

Which means that those bastards in the Regular World stole our rightful fate of President Tom Hanks!
Would make sense that the one team that doesn’t have any fans would win the World Series with no fans in attendance
I wasn't trying to reverse jinx the Dodgers by assuming they would choke.  I'm glad they won, but now I'm torn on the bandwagon factor.

I mean, if I had to preemptively start singing Cuando to troll them into winning, maybe I need to continue the same?

I'm over thinking it.  Hearing fireworks outside right now.
(10-16-2020, 12:23 AM)bailey Wrote: One more win and the Braves will have salvaged this crappy season for me.

God fucking damnit.
Go Rays! Whoever you are!
Randomly found myself chatting in some Barves discussion forums. Lot of Atlanta fans feeling down. Sad deal.

"Freddie Freeman would look good in Dodger blue." These are comments from despair, not worthy of Atlanta fandom.

Lotta calls for Riley's head. Lotta baserunning anger.
Acuna will probably get some surgery and the Barves will spend the offseason getting ready for a 162 game grind for another shot to go to the World Series. I am excited to see what that young team does next.

Keep your chins up, Barves fans.

Holy f'in shit.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.
Dave Roberts shouldn't be brought next year for bringing in K. Jensen with a 1-run lead. He's been blowing games all year so I'm not surprised at the outcome.
That was a creative way to lose a game.