Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOOM PATROL (DCU)
Missed opportunity: Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man should've joined the Brotherhood of Dangerous Animals. It would've made sense since they've already shown him to be a Mr. Nobody groupie. Plus they could've recreated this cover:

[Image: DoomPatrol89.jpg]
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
When I first saw him on the show, I thought "Well, that was a weird way to go". And then I saw that cover and said, "Holy shit that was an actual character in the comics." The Silver Age of Comics was fucking bizarre. I still have some old JSA and Legion of Superheroes mini-books, and I was reading those recently, and the stuff they came up with...There is a whole JSA story where they crack the case of a group of criminals that were created by being drowned in a river that only re-appears every hundred years. They were drowned by a guy that was friends with the group and when they were younger, they pulled a prank on him that turned his hair white and gave him a stutter. His revenge was reuniting them in the river bed purposely to drown them, knowing they would come back and be criminals.
(06-19-2019, 03:15 PM)martianman Wrote: When I first saw him on the show, I thought "Well, that was a weird way to go". And then I saw that cover and said, "Holy shit that was an actual character in the comics." The Silver Age of Comics was fucking bizarre. I still have some old JSA and Legion of Superheroes mini-books, and I was reading those recently, and the stuff they came up with...There is a whole JSA story where they crack the case of a group of criminals that were created by being drowned in a river that only re-appears every hundred years. They were drowned by a guy that was friends with the group and when they were younger, they pulled a prank on him that turned his hair white and gave him a stutter. His revenge was reuniting them in the river bed purposely to drown them, knowing they would come back and be criminals.

Whoa....
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
https://dailypop.wordpress.com/2011/04/0...owned-men/
YASSS

[Image: doom-patrol-season-2-poster.png?w=616&h=925]
Woo hoo!
Now that I'm able to watch Doom Patrol on HBO Max, should I be doing that?
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(05-28-2020, 11:59 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: Now that I'm able to watch Doom Patrol on HBO Max, should I be doing that?

You shouldn't have even waited this long.
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
You absolutely should.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
It is batshit insane. That's all you need to know.
New trailer:

Second season hasn't really missed a beat from the first overall. It's still very character focused and about trauma and absurd superhero hijinks.

I'd say that the first three episodes are a little more dour, Tudyck's sarcastic narration is missed, but the 4th episode "Sex Patrol" makes up for a lot of it.

This show is giving us a live action Flex Mentallo ripped from the page. It always will be special for that alone.
"Such is the heroic burden. We must always mourn our fallen. Gone Forever! Dead like Robin! Like Supergirl! Deceased like Superman! Hal Jordan! All gone! I weep for them, and know that someday I shall join them. I must go weep. Like a hero." -- Kyle Baker
Danny and Flex are my favorites.
"Holy Fuck I danced with a Sex Demon?"

God I love this show.
"Listen to them, Vic - they're sexperts." - Timothy Dalton, completely deadpan, 2020
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
Dorothy's "Pure Imagination" moment was delightful. I can't believe that actress is 20. She's got to be a hobbit or something.
Just this guy, you know?
Love this show. Newest episode is a great example of how it can turn on a dime and not feel forced.

It can't think twice, can't reason, can't change it's prime directive. It's like a chainsaw set on frappé.
(07-09-2020, 10:34 PM)mrdrow Wrote: Love this show. Newest episode is a great example of how it can turn on a dime and not feel forced.

Yeah, a great example.

I had a big smile for Steele & Stone. And then several storylines took a very dark, but not forced, turn.
"Such is the heroic burden. We must always mourn our fallen. Gone Forever! Dead like Robin! Like Supergirl! Deceased like Superman! Hal Jordan! All gone! I weep for them, and know that someday I shall join them. I must go weep. Like a hero." -- Kyle Baker
Hard to believe that this season is outdoing the amazing first in every way but I'm not complaining.

And Steele & Stone is an awesome team name.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Shame they got cut short due to COVID, they were 3 days from finishing episode 10(which I think was going to be the last ofnthisbrun meaning this season would already shorter by 5 episodes). Jeremy Carver was saying they used what they had from that to make 9 the finale.

It can't think twice, can't reason, can't change it's prime directive. It's like a chainsaw set on frappé.
Just catching up on season 2 now. Just started ep 2. How I missed this wonderfully weird show.
Supposedly they're going to start shooting season 3 and 4 back to back in September. At least according to a FB group I'm in that occasionally leaks stuff about the show.
I've a friend who day played as a grip during season one, he told me Doom Manor is right next door to the Hawkins Research Facilty from Stranger Things, a building Doom Patrol made much use of in Season 1.

Now there's a crossover I'd like to see!
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Well I think they may have topped "Steele and Stone" this time around.
Just this guy, you know?
Vic's been lucky enough to be in both of those daydreams.

JESUS!

Overall, a decent finale with a really good cliffhanger (Especially considering this was originally going to be the penultimate episode before Covid).

I gotta say though, even though The Candlemaker is an effective villain....I REALLY miss Alan Tudyk.