Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VEEP- season 7 (final)
So this is finally back...

Jonah + running for Pres. + married to his step-sister + Woody Allen jokes = awesome!
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Yeah, last season felt a bit lost without having Selina in politics and seemed unsure of how to tackle political satire when the real world is so ridiculous. Last night's premiere seemed much sharper.
Jonah's going to win, the incest but not quite incest stuff is going to be a bonus, and that's how much faith I have in our politics these days.
This show will be missed when it's gone.
Selina's two-in-one burn on Amy and Dan was magnificent. After the S6 misstep, we're back on track and seemingly determined to make us miss the crap out of this when it's gone.

And yes, definitely cannonballing toward a Jonah presidency, the only question is if Selina craves the spotlight so much that she's willing to become his veep once her campaign falters.
Yeah, they lost me last year but I’ve enjoyed what I’ve seen so far this season. Although some of the stuff that turned me off can still be seen.

Gary seems a bit nastier than I remember. I’m still not convinced we are heading to a Jonah presidency, it just seems WAY to obvious. In fact I think Selina actually winning the whole thing would be the big twist.

Speaking of Jonah, I love that he hates the stepdad because he failed him in 8th grade math and took them on a Hawaiian vacations.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
1) We NEED a 'Jonah runs for president' spin off.  

2) Holy shit...the Amy gets an abortion subplot...that was some really fucking dark comedy.
    “That’s like the Shelby Cobra GT of vag vacs”
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
If her answer in the first episode wasn't enough of a clue, it seems Amy has truly embraced nihilism and, thanks to Selina and the gang's horrendous mistreatment of her, will throw herself into making sure America gets the president it so richly deserves.
"LESS TALK, MORE ABORTION!"
"So...you want to blow a dogwhistle in a black church? That's like blowing a rape-whistle while you're raping somebody."

That's our Dan. Always winning.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

"You're a pool skimmer, last used to de-spunk a Provincetown hot tub party."  Peter MacNicol always delivers.
Did they accidentally edit together three episodes there at the end?

Dan and Selina share a look oh they're sleeping together oh he's fired.

What the? That was weird.

Calling it: President Richard Splett!
Gamertag: Tweakee
I do have to give them credit, that at different points in this same episode it felt like President Jonah was inevitable, President Selina (brought to you by China) was inevitable, and Dog President (who is a man) Splett felt inevitable.
(04-22-2019, 10:26 AM)scottieferguson Wrote: "You're a pool skimmer, last used to de-spunk a Provincetown hot tub party."  Peter MacNicol always delivers.

It’s maybe a bit over the top at this point but yeah, he’s still great. 

Loving Amy embracing the darkness.
I swear, if you could hack the world and replace Fox News feed with any Jonah campaign moment, most viewers would put him as a write in vote.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
(04-29-2019, 09:26 PM)ryoken Wrote: I swear, if you could hack the world and replace Fox News feed with any Jonah campaign moment, most viewers would put him as a write in vote.

Ask and ye shall receive...

ETA- Amy seems to be morphing into Kellyanne Conway
Only 2 episodes left. Seems like there should be more.
(04-29-2019, 09:38 PM)vtran Wrote:
(04-29-2019, 09:26 PM)ryoken Wrote: I swear, if you could hack the world and replace Fox News feed with any Jonah campaign moment, most viewers would put him as a write in vote.

Ask and ye shall receive...

ETA- Amy seems to be morphing into Kellyanne Conway

Holy fuck, thats scarylarious.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
HAHAHAHA

Selena goes Assange

Jonah = patient zero
"Autistic Barbie"
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

So how do we get to President Splett in one episode?!?
The best show that HBO airs on Sunday nights is definitely going out with a bang. Don't know why we deserved that Peter MacNicol victory lap.

Selena's jerking off motion when saying the phrase "innocent civilians" is the reason Emmy reels were invented.
MacNicol's laughing fit at the funeral destroyed me.

They reduced the season order, but they didn't reduce the amount of story, so each of these eps have been crammed with developments.

"As the President of the United States, truth and justice can gargle my balls."

It's funny cuz it's true.
Yeah, MacNichol laughing, and causing Richard to laugh was fantastic.

Speaking of, there is no way we don’t at least get VP Splett. It would be great if in the dying moments he reveals he really was a cold, calculating political mastermind.
I will settle for nothing less than President Splett!

"Richard, Selina won but just got arrested. You're going to be President!"

"I'm already here."

"PREZ-I-DENT!"

"Oh. That makes more sense. Okay. Well, that's pretty exciting, too."
(05-11-2019, 04:37 AM)farsight Wrote: I will settle for nothing less than President Splett!

It took a couple of decades but....

FUCK YEAH....Nobel winner, President Splett!
Peter MacNicol calling Jonah “a pile of failure shaped like a rapist” was amazing.

(05-12-2019, 11:44 PM)vtran Wrote:
(05-11-2019, 04:37 AM)farsight Wrote: I will settle for nothing less than President Splett!

It took a couple of decades but....

FUCK YEAH....Nobel winner, President Splett!

I admit it. I fist-pumped at that!

Wow. So dark. Or maybe too optimistic, since their Jonah actually got impeached, while we still have ours?

Whatever. It WAS funny, and I got Mister Splettsident (I assume none of his relatives trademarked that one), so I'm satisfied.
I knew when they showed that Season 1 clip with Sue in the recap that we'd get a symmetrical scene toward the end.  So glad they worked her in.  And the struggle to load Selina's casket into the vagina crypt was a great visual gag.
They killed Tom Hanks! You bastards!

Great finale, and after 24 years, Mike still doesn't know which camera to look at. Also, a very not dead Andrew was at the funeral.
I laughed way harder than I should have when Selina called Rhea Seehorn "the gash of least resistance."  I am a little concerned what that says about me, but worse comes to worst I'll just burn in hell like Grandma Splett.
There's so much tossed off gold in the finale.

Mike: "...but let's talk turkey."
Richard: "Oh, wonderful pets."

Amy: "The suspect in the JFK boming is a muslim high school teacher named Abu Azeer. His Facebook page is all about radical Islam and trigonometry!"
Kent: "So are a lot of people's..."
Loved the congressman pushing around his assistant at the funeral.

The scene of Selina and Uncle Jeff yelling at Jonah to take the Veep slot was so good.

Good to see Sue too.
(05-13-2019, 11:50 PM)Paul755 Wrote: Loved the congressman pushing around his assistant at the funeral.

"I...like jizz."
"He's not what he used to be!"

Gary's ending was brutal.
Kent's outburst over the VP decision was glorious.