Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE AVENGERS - 70s Retro Recast Draft - Sign Up and Discussion
O'Toole was top of my list for Loki, until I remembered Warner.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
First round brackets are up.

Of note:
- In some cases, pictures didn't transfer over when setting up the brackets. My apologies, I don't know what the error is your posts that prevents me from correctly bringing over your pictures. Please know that it wasn't intended as a slight on anyone personally if your pictures are not present.
- Only 10 pictures are allowed per post. As such, I had to delete some pictures from posts in order to get to 10 pictures total. When necessary, I deleted the last pictures on your post. Luckily, with the way that the brackets shook out, this only had to happen in a few instances.

To everyone:
Please do not hold the lack of pictures against anyone when casting votes.
Arjen and Richard have the best drafts . . . shame to have to cut one in the first round.
I voted for Hammerhead based just on him casting a black Captain America.

>raises fist in solidarity<
Also: I'd like to personally thank everyone who participated in this draft. I thought that this one was more competitive than a lot of the other ones that we've done recently, making for a much more exciting experience. When all is said and done, I also think that everyone has a solid draft to put forward for contention in the brackets.
Photo 
I'm sorry I didn't participate, this looked to be a lot of fun.  Just didn't think I'd have the time to get it done - would've meant a lot more research than I could've pulled off in the last week or two.

But I definitely would've found something for young Christopher Lambert (screen debut in 1979)!

[Image: img0090.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

(05-02-2019, 02:47 PM)JMurdoch Wrote: I voted for Hammerhead based just on him casting a black Captain America.

I didn't know it at the time, but apparently the 2004 miniseries "Truth: Red White & Black" explores this very idea. I'll have to look it up.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
(05-02-2019, 04:35 PM)hammerhead Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 02:47 PM)JMurdoch Wrote: I voted for Hammerhead based just on him casting a black Captain America.

I didn't know it at the time, but apparently the 2004 miniseries "Truth: Red White & Black" explores this very idea. I'll have to look it up.

Its a good series and was my inspiration for choosing Weathers.  The artwork is very stylized and not like most comics, but the story is great.
This has been a very good one. Looking at all these lists, I think the period setting allowed for some real competition.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I just figured the inspiration for Weathers was Rocky.
(05-02-2019, 10:50 PM)simbob Wrote: I just figured the inspiration for Weathers was Rocky.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.
“Fabulosity incarnate stands before you; show some goddamn respect.
Sorry guys, been busy on site at my client. I'll do round 2 brackets on Thursday.
Second round brackets are up. Sorry for the delay.

Congrats to all of the first round winners!
Congrats to all the first round winners!
Semifinals are up. Congrats to all winners!

Apologies for the tardiness on this...I completely spaced on it until 20 minutes ago.
Congratulations to the semifinalists, especially Bailey! Ed Harris as Cap is one of the top under-the-radar picks of this draft.
Final bracket is up. Congrats to AtomTastic and HiFiDog for making it to the championship round!
That's come down to a really hard choice. Good job, fellas.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.