Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
AVENGERS: ENDGAME - Post-Release Thread (Unsponsored)
Here's a specific thread to talk about spoilery stuff.  

Speculation without any actual knowledge of spoilers: keep it in the other thread.  
Speculation based on knowledge of leaked plot points/footage/whatever: talk about it here.

Once the movie is released, this can become the post release thread.

To be clear: spoilers are starting to hit the net.  Apparently some footage screened/leaked/whatever, and you can find either the video or pictures from the video out there pretty easily.  Even easier is to find a description of what happens in the video.  If you want to search for that stuff, that's on you.  Again, it's pretty easy to find.  If you want to talk about that stuff, do it in here.

Note: do not post pictures or the video itself as we don't want to run afoul of any legal stuff.
All right, let's go in. I've seen about twenty seconds of the leaked footage and read the description.

-As widely speculated/spoiled by merchandise, it seems like the Avengers will build their own gauntlet and then try to time travel via the Quantum Realm to get the stones (the leak includes a trip to the Battle of New York, where Cap will fight his 2012 version)
-Hulk and Banner fully merging into Professor Hulk seems like a possible way for Ruffalo to stay around, but it may also just be a "bad future" thing, who knows
-Out-of-shape, crazy-bearded Thor is going to be meme'd to death
-Seems like it's going to come down to a "big armies run at each other" finale once again, even if said armies are indeed very, very big
-I've seen speculation that one of the Avengers is going to "snap" Thanos and his army out of existence, and that seems simultaneously too obvious and exactly the kind of thing that would happen. If so, it's probably Cap or Tony and they die doing it
That's pretty much what I saw/read as well. There was a pic of Hulk (in professor mode) trying to wear an Infinity Gauntlet, but I got the sense that was from an earlier part of the film.
It also sounds like every MCU hero character is present for the finale battle. Can't wait to see that!
This is premature.

Shut it down until it can be properly sponsored in a timely fashion.
Nah, leave it open. You don't get dibs on thread making, you egomaniac.
(04-16-2019, 03:12 PM)Overlord Wrote: This is premature.

[Image: BackEquatorialHorseshoecrab-small.gif]
(04-16-2019, 03:17 PM)UltraAnxiety Wrote: Nah, leave it open. You don't get dibs on thread making, you egomaniac.

So harsh.  You're making me ultra anxious.
(04-16-2019, 03:08 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: That's pretty much what I saw/read as well.  There was a pic of Hulk (in professor mode) trying to wear an Infinity Gauntlet, but I got the sense that was from an earlier part of the film.
It also sounds like every MCU hero character is present for the finale battle.  Can't wait to see that!

Right. I wonder what the logistics of that are going to be. Having the two separate end battles in Infinity War was a good way to give (mostly) everyone a chance to shine there. They're going to have a lot of characters to now fold into one massive thing. Sounds like Carol's got a big hero moment where she singlehandedly obliterates Thanos' flagship from the opening of Infinity War. Is everyone going to get a moment like that, or who draws the short straw?
Why does Thor always get the worst storylines? We already got sad withdrawn Thor at the beginning of Dark World. I guess he's destined to keep going through the same cycles over and over like Iron Man.

"Bye guys, I've got to go on a vision quest/weapon quest/drinking quest now."
(04-16-2019, 03:22 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 03:12 PM)Overlord Wrote: This is premature.

[Image: BackEquatorialHorseshoecrab-small.gif]

It's treason then.
37 hours to go. Not that I'm counting.
Not a hard man to track. Leaves dead men wherever he goes.
Updated thread title. People have seen it and I know of a few people who are seeing it in the next 24 hours or so. A request: keep spoiler discussion light (or hidden) until after the weekend when most of us will have seen it.
Saw it this morning at a press screening in Ireland.

No spoilers.

Bottom line is that it's seriously impressive. A worthy follow-up to Infinity War and a deeply satisfying conclusion of the story.

If you're a fan of this universe and these movies you will absolutely lap it up.

And it did not feel like 3 hours at all.
Question: any post credits scenes?
(04-23-2019, 03:37 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Question: any post credits scenes?

Nada
Man, that was really something.
Something good?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Well I guess that depends on your MCU stance in general, but if you're onboard it sure is a hell of a fitting way to end this particular chapter. So, so many great moments.
Cool.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Happy to see my girl Mantis continuing her streak - she gets one line in the while film, and it was one of the biggest LOLs for me.

It's going to be interesting to see where they go from here as far as general audiences go. There's still plenty of connective tissue, but I can see Casual Fan resisting some big changes.
And Captain Marvel.....how did that all go?
She was used well, and if people are still complaining about her personality after this, they're just ax-grinding cunts.
Yeah I just read things about certain people....traveling that might screw this up for me.
(04-24-2019, 01:04 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Yeah I just read things about certain people....traveling that might screw this up for me.

Whereas said trip/cut to credits made me cry and cheer my flipping brains out Smile
(04-24-2019, 03:11 AM)The Dark Shape Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 01:04 AM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: Yeah I just read things about certain people....traveling that might screw this up for me.

Whereas said trip/cut to credits made me cry and cheer my flipping brains out Smile

That boy earned it.
And by the way, it is damn near incomprehensible how beautiful that woman is.
Yes yes I understand but doesn't that have some troubling implications and big plotholes?
Only if “Cap knows everything works out and doesn’t change history, thus possibly ruining the future” is troubling to you.
(04-24-2019, 03:51 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote: Only if “Cap knows everything works out and doesn’t change history, thus possibly ruining the future” is troubling to you.

More like "Hey doesn't Agent Carter's husband remind you that super soldier that died famously? Also how is it that he doesn't take any pictures ever?"
(04-24-2019, 04:20 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 03:51 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote: Only if “Cap knows everything works out and doesn’t change history, thus possibly ruining the future” is troubling to you.

More like "Hey doesn't Agent Carter's husband remind you that super soldier that died famously? Also how is it that he doesn't take any pictures ever?"

How many people would recognize him in 1970? And not taking pictures isn't as ludicrous to me as it apparently is to you.
(04-24-2019, 04:32 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 03:51 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote: Only if “Cap knows everything works out and doesn’t change history, thus possibly ruining the future” is troubling to you.

How many people would recognize him in 1970? And not taking pictures isn't as ludicrous to me as it apparently is to you.

People of Shield might. Has Nick Fury known this whole time? At the end of the day I love a happy ending and im glad Cap gets his but if you are going that route you are going to have to deal with these basics questions which could be solved by explaining that his appearance was altered in some way.
(04-24-2019, 05:15 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:
(04-24-2019, 04:32 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote:

People of Shield might. Has Nick Fury known this whole time?

Sure, why not? If they did, and if Howard Stark knew (since we see him in this movie working at the same base with Peggy that they steal the Tesseract from), it doesn't really change the events of the other movies at all.

You're working yourself into a "But-but-but-what" knot when it really doesn't matter all that much.
Going to be one of those agree to disagree things. Im sure most people won't think too hard about it.
Cap's fate is dumb and makes no sense on paper. But I'm sure it works in the context of the film. How fat is fat Thor?
"I'll do my best." / "That's why it's yours." was so fucking perfect.
Just got back.

Spoilers below so it’s last warning.

Seriously get out of the thread if you don’t want to see.

Ok...?

Some thoughts:
- I felt this was gloriously entertaining, but it also felt super messy.
- For all the jokes... it really did feel like Back To The Future 2 meets superheroes... with the biggest budget ever.
- I kinda think they overplayed the Thor stuff. Funny at first, but hard to believe he didn’t have his shit together by the time he got to Asgard.
- Not 100% sure how Nebula so easily pulled all of Thanos’s forces. I’m assuming Cap grabbed tons of Pym particles from 1970 and then she used them to both shrink the ship and navigate the timelines .... ah I’ll look it up later.
- Also not sure on the exact soul stone mechanics. I get that in this timeline they are gone forever. But then you can grab people from other dimensions, I.e. Gamora. But I’m assuming she got dusted by the Stark snap...? (Maybe I’m overthinking this)
- There was Shirley from Community in 1970. Was Chang the storage security guard who lets Scott out?
- Is Thor gonna be in GotG3?
- The last battle was great.... but like things were in full fan-service mode so it was hard to actually care about the actual fight.
- Captain Marvel was in this a lot less than I expected. She’s also pretty OP.
PSN: Kriegaffe