Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME OF THRONES SEASON 8 DEAD POOL
If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention. 

I think this is all the major (and a few minor) characters who are still alive. If there is someone I've forgotten, take advantage of the "your choice" option for two points.

Rules: 

1. The Dead Pool will close at  5 PM EST on Sunday, April 28th.

2. We're using the honor system with regards to spoilers.

3. Pick seven characters you think are going to die or may die from the below list through the end of the season. Post your choices, and only your choices, in this thread.

4. Points are assigned based on the likelyhood of a character dying, with a few wild cards.

5. Deaths are for THE BACK HALF OF SEASON EIGHT only and must be a confirmed, obvious kill. Then again, I think it won't be ambiguous.

6. Actual, physical deaths ONLY. If one character becomes another (say if someone becomes a king), that doesn't count.

7. As the Gamemaster (or is it Maester), I will make the final decision regarding what's a kill or not. I'll tally the points and declare a winner shortly after the series finale. 

8. Winner will get a 10 dollar Amazon gift card. 

2 POINTS:
Euron
Theon
Jorah
Varys
Beric
Dolorus Edd
Grey Worm
Harry Strickland (head of the Golden Company)
YOUR CHOICE (pick a character not listed here; make sure you name them in when drafting)

3 POINTS: 
Yara
Qyburn
Rhaegal (Jon's dragon/green dragon)
Viseryion (ice dragon)
Tormund
Melisandre
The Mountain/Franken-Gregor

5 POINTS:
Jamie
Jon
Drogon (Dany's dragon/black dragon)
Gendry
Ser Brienne
Davos
Missandei
The Hound/Sandor

10 POINTS:
Dany
Sansa
Sam
Cersei
Bran
Lyanna Mormont

20 POINTS:
Tyrion
Arya
Bronn
Pod
Night King
Gilly
Archmaester Ebrose (Jim Broadbent)
home taping is killing music
Based on those point scales I'd go:

Bronn
Pod
Bran
Cersei
Night King
Tyrion
Arya
My choices:

Night King
Bronn
Cersei
Drogon
Jamie
Dany
Qyburn
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Judas:
Night King (20 points)
Dany (10 points)
Cersei (10 points)
Drogon (5 points)
Brienne (5 points)
Viseryion (3 points)
Euron (2 points)
Couple points of order:

1) you have the Night King listed in both the 10 and 20 point categories.
2) I'd say Drogon is more of a black dragon than red.
3) I will sweeten the pot by volunteering to Venmo an additional 10 bucks to the winner, if they pm me when its done.
4) Night King at 20 and Theon at 2 is daft, but as the Grandmaester says, so shall it be.
Beric (2pts)
Qyburn (3pts)
Viseryion (3pts)
Melisandre (3pts)
Jamie (5pts)
Cersei (10pts)
Night King (20pts)
Rhaegal (Jon's dragon/green dragon)
Viseryion (ice dragon)
Jon
Cersei
Bronn
Pod
Night King
(04-22-2019, 12:27 PM)schwartz Wrote: Couple points of order:

1) you have the Night King listed in both the 10 and 20 point categories.
2) I'd say Drogon is more of a black dragon than red.
3) I will sweeten the pot by volunteering to Venmo an additional 10 bucks to the winner, if they pm me when its done.
4) Night King at 20 and Theon at 2 is daft, but as the Grandmaester says, so shall it be.

I've fixed 1 or 2. Night King is 20 points, but that's strictly based on my instinct of what's going to happen, and it might come down to a technicality.
Night King
Bronn
Podrick
Cersei
Lyanna Mormont
Drogon
Arya
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Night King (20 pts)
Tyrion (20 pts)
Jaime (5 pts)
Cersei (10 pts)
Brienne (5 pts)
Jorah (3 pts)
Grey Worm (2 pts)
I cannot believe I forgot the Cleganes. I've edited the posts to update, and if anyone wants to edit their posts accordingly, please do so. I won't go through and do a list of who's chosen what until 5 on Sunday.
(the Hound is Sandor, the Mountain is Gregor)
Bump! Last call to get those votes in before the bodies start flying.
Grey Worm (2 Pts)
Tormund (3 Pts)
The Mountain (3 Pts)
Jon (5 Pts)
Ser Brienne (5 Pts)
Sam (10 Pts)
Night King (20 Pts)
PSN Handle: chetripley80
I notice no one had "The Dothraki RACE" in their deadpool.
(04-22-2019, 12:05 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Judas:
Night King (20 points)
Dany (10 points)
Cersei (10 points)
Drogon (5 points)
Brienne (5 points)
Viseryion (3 points)
Euron (2 points)

23 points so far.  Wow.
(04-22-2019, 12:29 PM)JMurdoch Wrote: Beric (2pts)
Qyburn (3pts)
Viseryion (3pts)
Melisandre (3pts)
Jamie (5pts)
Cersei (10pts)
Night King (20pts)

28 points.  Not a bad night of death-poolin'
I should have signed up for this, the Night King was EASY points.
I'll do a tally before next Sunday. I'll keep discussion to the other thread, but I was fully in team "Bran becomes the Night King, who never really dies" camp, which is why I put him at 20 points.
(04-29-2019, 09:49 AM)boone daniels Wrote: I'll do a tally before next Sunday. I'll keep discussion to the other thread, but I was fully in team "Bran becomes the Night King, who never really dies" camp, which is why I put him at 20 points.

When they were having their staredown near the end, I was thinking, "Wow, they kinda resemble each other."
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
(04-22-2019, 01:38 PM)superlaser Wrote: Night King
Bronn
Podrick
Cersei
Lyanna Mormont
Drogon
Arya

30 points (Night King - 20 and Lyanna Mormont - 10) so far!

And technically, I guess Bran could still go back and become the Night King knowing that he gets defeated.

-Bart
Superlaser 30
Murdoch 28
Judas 23
Schwartz 23
Dent 23
Bailey 20
Michael M 20
Chet 20

Because we have confirmation of at least two survivors from next week's preview, which we are discussing in the main thread, that has been reflected in these tallies. I'm giving everybody points for the Night King but I reserve the the right to deduct those points depending on the conclusion of the season and any possible resurrection (which I doubt will happen).
Superlaser 30
Murdoch 28
Schwartz 26
Judas 23
Dent 23
Bailey 20
Michael M 20
Chet 20
------
No one had Missandei in their pool, so I think the only change after this week is a +3 point bump to Schwartz for Rhaegal.

-Bart
Of the 36 names listed in the pool, 10 have met their end. I'd put the over/under for character deaths next week at five.
I'm scrolling through this thread as quickly as possible without being spoiled to say I haven't watched the episode yet, but will by tomorrow.
Updated scores: spoilers obviously:

Murdoch 46
Superlaser 40
Michael M 38
Dent 38
Schwartz 36
Judas 35
Bailey 30
Chet 23
——-
Kudos to Murdoch, as all of his picks are dead.

-Bart
Curious as to why you would have The Night King with 20 points when it was obvious he was going to die? Even Cersei should have been a 3.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
Boone was on the ‘Bran becomes the Night King’ train I believe.

-Bart
That's a bingo!
Thank you to those who have been keeping track of the scores. I have fallen behind on the show due to some personal stuff. I appreciate it.

(05-13-2019, 12:12 AM)anyawatchin angel Wrote: Curious as to why you would have The Night King with 20 points when it was obvious he was going to die? Even Cersei should have been a 3.

(05-13-2019, 12:31 AM)superlaser Wrote: Boone was on the ‘Bran becomes the Night King’ train I believe.
With 35 potential points, I'm still in the running!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
There's still some 20 point characters that could easily die next week.
I really need some of those. I just went all in on the ridiculous point value characters. Is it too late for Pod to catch a crazybad case of grayscale or something?

Gotta hand it to the show: Jorah, Theon, Melisandre, Lyanna, Beric, Edd, the Night King, Viserion, Rhaegal, Missandei, Varys, The Hound, The Mountain, Qyburn, Euron, Jaime, and Cersei, (plus Qhono, Harry Strickland, Ned Umber, Alys Karstark, the guy from It's Always Sunny, Bill from Freaks & Geeks, even Aaron Rodgers!), and yet it still feels like they're leaving plenty of deaths on the table.

I think I put the over/under on named deaths at 16 or 17? They're already over that, if you count dragons and minor characters-- with a week to spare.