Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think You Should Leave (Netflix Comedy)
Video 

The trailer doesn't do a great job of selling how insane and insanely funny this show is.   Not every sketch lands (like the birthday party, the whoopie cushion, and the Instagram one) but the ones that do are some of the funniest sketches I've seen in years.   The funeral one alone with always dependable Fred Willard is an all timer as is the Horse Ranch.   Not to mention weird recurring themes and story ideas like a truly weird post-apocalyptic vision of the future.   Trying to stay as vague as possible but... fuck it.  Just watch it.   Trust me.
God the birthday party sketch that closes the first episode is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The final shot fucking killed me.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
I second the Birthday party as a great one. I've seen 2 or 3 eps and that and the airplane one are the best.
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
For me, it's between the Game Show and Funeral sketches.
(05-05-2019, 06:51 AM)Evi Wrote: God the birthday party sketch that closes the first episode is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. The final shot fucking killed me.
I've spent the last week thinking about it and laughing. Hilarious.
I mentioned this in the the other thread but I also love the motorbike one. Robinson's clueless biker walking around being impressed by everything.
This show is so absurd. I hope they make more.
Little Jeffy Jeremy
1923-2019
Throat Slashed
But seriously, fuck that Harley Jarvis. Piece of shit.
"The bones are their money"
http://www.mfrederickson.com/ithinkyoushouldleave/
"Use your Christmas cheer and bash its fricking brains out, you idiot!"
Fuck this is funny.

The turns some of the sketches take are just amazing.

I've had "The worms are their money, the bones are their dollars" in my head all day.
"SHADDUP POL, YOU PROBABLY A-LOOOVE YOUR MOTHAR IN LAW"
I was home sick yesterday (and today...ugh), and I tore through this whole thing again. This is the best sketch comedy I've seen in many years.

"the bones are their money" song is the funniest improvised bones-related comedy song since the "your teeth are outside bones" song on Kimmy Schmidt.
The bumper sticker sketch is probably my favorite, in both concept and execution. Such a brilliantly deranged physical performance from Conner O'Malley, and that song at the end has been stuck in my head for days.
Dude popping the trunk in the bumper sticker sketch had me howling.

“C’mon! Hurry up!”

“I’ve seen a lot of these!”
I agree with Fuzzy. The Bumper Sticker one might be the best sketch, narratively and in execution. The payoff is so funny.

Had to pause it during the "Has this ever happened to you?" sketch on the first episode because I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. The Fred Willard sketch was amazing and the attention to detail by getting the guy from AMEN to play the minister was *chef's kiss*
Oh my God, I can’t get enough of that “Baby of the Year” sketch.

The host’s opening song. “Look at their rolls! Look at their folds!”

How much everybody hates Harvey Jarvis.

The judge’s painful confession about “the oral”: “His father didn’t need to do the oral! And this is why this is so tough for me to tell about the oral.”

“Let’s watch our ‘In Memoriam’ segment.”
“Oh no!”
“Calm down! They’re old ones. They don’t stay babies forever, idiot. Fucking stupid asshole.”

The host is just so angry! “This is dumb! This is garbage!”
Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
Renewed:

https://deadline.com/2019/06/i-think-you...202634838/
Sweet. It also got a Best Sketch show nomination from the TV Critics Association today.
(06-19-2019, 02:18 PM)Mangy Wrote: Sweet. It also got a Best Sketch show nomination from the TV Critics Association today.

If they let Bart Harley Jarvis on stage, I'm boycotting the entire ceremony.
GET HIM THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!
[Image: BabyoftheYr.jpg]
ok settle down guys. Don't want to take too small a slice of toilet paper and get mudpie on your hands.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

(06-19-2019, 02:43 PM)ska oreo Wrote: ok settle down guys.  Don't want to take too small a slice of toilet paper and get mudpie on your hands.

I was just thinking about that. Shit is called a "mud pie" in at least a couple different sketches so it doesn't seem like he's just doing a character. And a "slice" of toilet paper? Is it a Detroit regional dialect thing? So weird.
Originally posted by Schwartz on Cool as Ice ("When a girl has a heart of stone, there's only one way to melt it. Just add Ice."):
"It's not just a mixed metaphor, or that the stone is one that is melting...but the ice is actually making it melt. (kisses fingers) Magnifique."
(06-19-2019, 04:46 PM)Curiosity Cosby Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 02:43 PM)ska oreo Wrote: ok settle down guys.  Don't want to take too small a slice of toilet paper and get mudpie on your hands.

I was just thinking about that. Shit is called a "mud pie" in at least a couple different sketches so it doesn't seem like he's just doing a character. And a "slice" of toilet paper? Is it a Detroit regional dialect thing? So weird.

Well On the Chappele show, they reference shitting yourself as "mudbutt," so it probably comes from that

Regardless, it's funny.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"