Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GULP: 'BATMAN' WRITER SAYS HE'S CHANGING THE DARK KNIGHT "FOREVER"

My money would be on revealing his identity.

Also: you're completely correct in hating the eyebrows on the cowl.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Batman's actually a clone and some other guy is the real Batman??
Whatever it is, the very nature of comics as an industry and narrative form means it can be retconned or waved away.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: Strider Ryoken / PSN: Kenryo81 /Steam: Ryoken81
Batman never married Mary-Jane.
Batman goes back in time to the '50s, stops all the bad, bad things from happening, but that just makes everything worse.
Batman comes out as a furry.
"Dictatorships foster oppression, dictatorships foster servitude, dictatorships foster cruelty; more abominable is the fact that they foster idiocy."

I thought he was already out.
Two words: "Hail Hydra."
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
I’ve been talking about Batman with at&t
(05-15-2019, 10:17 PM)slim Wrote: Two words: "Hail Hydra."

If its DC, its Hail Kobra

"Breaking News! Jack Nicholson IS The Batman and Michael Keaton IS the Joker!"
Batman is actually from Krypton, but since he only operates at night and the sun is down, he doesn't have powers.
UPDATE! UPDATE! It sounds like King has been FIRED from the Batman series by DC. Does this mean we will never know what his grand plans were?

Read the updated piece here
Maybe his plan was to start drawing Bruce Wayne looking like Robert Pattinson.
Good! I hate change and new things.
Hopefully King can join the other writers and artists that have quit or been fired by the big two, and can create more interesting work at Image or Aftershock.

While some of Tom King’s work hasn’t connected with me, his work on The Vision and Mister Miracle transcends the typical superhero funnybook format.
PSN Handle: chetripley80
King's Vision book was one of the few highlights of the last decade or so of Marvel publishing. I didn't love it, but it was at least interesting.

I'd been planning to seek out his Batman work-- but now I wonder if this leaves a storyline truncated, or something. And I hate it when that happens.

Figure he could execute his bold Bat-plan with a thinly-veiled analogue of the character at an indie somewhere. It's been done.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.