Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOS4A2 (AMC)
If anyone hasn't read the Joe Hill book, they should. And whatever you imagine while reading it isn't what you get here.

Aside from the drab visuals, the series is hindered by glacial pacing and themes that feel extraneous to the material. Vic (the protagonist) is now a senior in high school with art school aspirations. Okay. But then we have a scene where she's hanging out with rich kids and they look down on her because *gasp*, her dad works in demolition and her mom cleans houses. This scene is needed because....?

I like Zachary Quinto, but he's miscast as Charlie Manx. The bad make-up is the biggest problem, but rather than slather a younger actor with make-up, why not just cast an older actor and dye their hair and apply a little bit of make-up when they're supposed to look younger?

I gathered from the book that Manx always looks a little unsettling, even when he's "young" again. 

I had high hopes for this and maybe it will get better, but so far, I'm not feeling it.
(06-03-2019, 07:40 PM)mike j Wrote: I had high hopes for this and maybe it will get better, but so far, I'm not feeling it.

I love the book (I've read it three times, I think) but the promos for this left me cold. 

And nothing in your post moves me to give it a shot. The book's already 600+ long - why the fuck do they need to pad it out?
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear