Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dune: The Sisterhood
Muar'Dune

Quote:WarnerMedia's forthcoming streaming service is poised to explore the world of Dune.

The yet-unnamed platform has handed out a straight-to-series order for Dune: The Sisterhood, a female-focused take on Frank Herbert's beloved novel. Denis Villeneuve, who wrote, produced and directed next year's new take on Dune, will helm the pilot. Jon Spaihts will pen the script for the TV series, which hails from Legendary Television. Villeneuve and Spaihts will exec produce alongside Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt and Kim Herbert for the Frank Herbert estate. Kevin J Anderson will co-produce. Spaihts co-wrote the screenplay alongside Villeneuve.

Production on the Dune feature, which hails from Legendary Entertainment and is being distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, began filming in March. The feature film's cast includes Timothee Chalamet as the lead character, Paul Atreides, Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgard, Charlotte Rampling, Javier Bardem, Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa, Zendaya, Oscar Isaac and David Dastmalchian. It's scheduled to premiere Nov. 20, 2020.

Herbert's Dune novel examines a future in which humanity has spread across the galaxy to thousands of worlds, all ruled by the Padishah Emperor, The Imperium. Dune: The Sisterhood takes place in the same universe and explores the future through the eyes of a mysterious order of women: the Bene Gesserit. Given abilities by their mastery of the body and the mind, the Bene Gesserit expertly weave through the feudal politics and intrigue of The Imperium, pursuing plans of their own that will ultimately lead them to the enigmatic planet Arrakis — known to its inhabitants as Dune.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f...ia-1217286
“That which doesn't kill you wasn't done right.”—Khaya Dlanga
Can we somehow get Kevin J. Anderson far, far, FAR away from this?
My latest attempt at reading Dune last fall ended with me getting about 250 pages deep! My farthest yet!
You made it farther than I ever made it. Or ever will.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I want to finish it. I just get distracted.
I want to finish it, too. I just get irritated.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Villeneuve's gonna dedicate the next ten years of his career to Dune?

Also: ANOTHER FUCKING STREAMING SERVICE?
the empire never ended
(06-10-2019, 08:08 PM)wasp Wrote: Villeneuve's gonna dedicate the next ten years of his career to Dune?

Also: ANOTHER FUCKING STREAMING SERVICE?

Rumor is Warners is killing their newborn DC Universe service (including Doom Patrol) and rolling it all into one thing.  So, kinda?
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
They should link together the movie and the Sisterhood series with some Dune Chronicles - Original Webisodes, only available on the WB Frogzone app.
Don't give them any ideas, Kyle! Fuck.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
Dune remains that epic book that I wanna experience and know all about, but the movie I hear is terrible and the book as Brad inferred is... Trying.
(06-13-2019, 04:32 AM)freeman Wrote: Dune remains that epic book that I wanna experience and know all about, but the movie I hear is terrible and the book as Brad inferred is...  Trying.

I love Lynch's DUNE. I won't try and defend it as objectively good, and am sure nostalgia colors my perception of it, but I love how big, crazy, and ambitious it is.

The movie is a mess, but it's a fascinating mess. Absolutely worth a watch just for the cumulative WTF factor.

I mean, the Navigators as giant mutant tadpoles with vagina mouths who spew rips in spacetime isn't even the weirdest thing in the movie.
Agree with Commo, the movie is a fascinating, engaging, train wreck-level mess.

What's wrong with all of you that can't finish the book? The first book is great! Its essentially the re-told and re-told ad nauseam Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey. Just with so. Much. Wonderful. World-building!

Anything after that first book? Sure, agreed.
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

My problem with the book is the third person omniscient POV used. We get 3+ POVs on one page. It's a valid choice but one I can't handle for a book that long. Give me limited third person or first person or GTFO.

Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt, and Kevin J. Anderson?

...Please, God, no. Jesus Christ, this thing's gonna eventually show stupid robot-war shit from those barfulously-shitty fucking prequels aren't they? Fuck. Frank Herbert would've committed suicide early on if he knew what his son was gonna do to his books.
"These guys are pros, Michael. They're gonna push the tension 'till the last possible moment before they strip."

(06-13-2019, 11:21 AM)Neil Spurn Wrote: Agree with Commo, the movie is a fascinating, engaging, train wreck-level mess.  

What's wrong with all of you that can't finish the book?  The first book is great!  Its essentially the re-told and re-told ad nauseam Joseph Campbell's Hero's Journey.  Just with so. Much. Wonderful. World-building!

Anything after that first book?  Sure, agreed.

I know, right. If the first book is trying for you guys, the sequels get freaking nuts and really out there with some aspects. I gave up I think around the beginning of God Emperor of Dune.
"You want a vision of the future?Imagine a boot stomping on a human face.....forever."
(06-13-2019, 04:39 PM)leto ii Wrote: Brian Herbert, Byron Merritt, and Kevin J. Anderson?

...Please, God, no. Jesus Christ, this thing's gonna eventually show stupid robot-war shit from those barfulously-shitty fucking prequels aren't they? Fuck. Frank Herbert would've committed suicide early on if he knew what his son was gonna do to his books.

Those prequel books were so terrible.