Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men in Black: International Post-Release Thread brought to you by Overlord
Looks like the franchise will get name change if Valkyrie has her way!

https://www.dailywire.com/news/48339/men...-paul-bois

Maybe she can inscribe that on the tombstone of this franchise.

(06-13-2019, 02:43 PM)catartik Wrote: Maybe she can inscribe that on the tombstone of this franchise.

She doesn't seem to realize that "Men in Black" is a term that pre-dates the movies by quite a bit.

More like MEH IN BLEECH at this point.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
I know it seems like a no-brainer, but moving forward, can someone who's actually seen the movie create a post-release thread?
it's like this site's version of "FIRST!!!"

and Thompson seemed to be clearly poking fun at herself in the actual quote while also making a general point about such franchises

"sounds like a sandwich"
That's gonna take a blackhat hacker named Hathaway

saw the movie

it's affably generic

comparatively, it's a good week to come out alongside the new SHAFT!

(06-13-2019, 04:29 PM)Nooj Wrote: and Thompson seemed to be clearly poking fun at herself in the actual quote while also making a general point about such franchises

"sounds like a sandwich"

and it turns out that she's basically referring to some commentary that's in the actual movie

a scene between her and Tessa Thompson

and commentary like that is nothing new in movies like these.  The first MIB also had Linda Fiorentino respond to Will Smith:

"Oh, God, that is so typical! Any woman who shows yet the slightest hint of sexual independence...!"

eggarsuit: OH EVERYBODY JUST SHUT UP!!!

hey! it was the 90s!
I've always kind of smugly appreciated how everyone acts as though political correctness is some sort of brand new concept and isn't something assholes have been lamenting for decades.
This very minute I walk out of the room to see on TV Elvis and Lou Grant humerously tangling with some SJW nuns. I swear!
(Lou Grant is a cop who speaks Spanish like it aint no thing! This has got to be some Mandella Effect shit where they are injecting poisonous progressiveism into old movies somehow)
(06-15-2019, 01:24 AM)bradito Wrote: I've always kind of smugly appreciated how everyone acts as though political correctness is some sort of brand new concept and isn't something assholes have been lamenting for decades.

That is true. You do come off as smug.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
[Image: giphy.gif]
Good, I was worried I might be coming off as snuggly.
Next film should star nothing but black guys.

BLACK MEN IN BLACK
Git' in under mah belly!
I think the great historical film Dirty Work already worked this out.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Yup as generic and predictable as advertised.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
Elaborate! None of us will ever see it!
I saw it yesterday. Paul is right. There's no reason to watch this.
Do you guys not know what elaborate means? Is this thing on?
It's not funny. Solid performances from Tessa and Hensworth but that's no reason to catch this. None of the plot twists will surprise you.
(06-13-2019, 02:58 PM)headless fett Wrote: More like MEH IN BLEECH at this point.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(Yesterday, 03:24 AM)Felix Wrote: It's not funny. Solid performances from Tessa and Hensworth but that's no reason to catch this. None of the plot twists will surprise you.

Yeah, you could pretty much catch the Neeson heel turn from the trailers. The whole movie is too predictable.

It’s got some smile worthy moments but that’s about it.

Thompson and Hemsworth are good but they lean too much on the chemistry they have. Nanjiani is fine.
Taking my time to see it. Hearing that even reuniting Hemsworth and Thompson after how good their were in Ragnarok (and Endgame) is disheartening.

Hemsworth is underrated as an actor. Good looks doesn't mean sexying up IP's all the time. His career is hurdling toward an alternate universe where Brad Pitt is best known for his work in the Cool World franchise.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
So the fourth entry in a lightweight, thought-free, CGI-heavy series with a track record of diminishing returns is aggressively average?

Quelle surprise!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Hemsworth's damn lucky he got Thor. Otherwise, the audience stays away in droves.
Hemsworth looks fucked up when he's not Thor jacked, head looks bulbous as fuck without the pythons.
(Yesterday, 01:40 PM)engineer Wrote: Hemsworth's damn lucky he got Thor. Otherwise, the audience stays away in droves.

This is true to an extent, but also complete bullshit. Its not on the power of a star to overcome the overwhelming force of a bad idea.

Are Alden and Emilia and Don Glover personally responsible for Solos failure? Actors aren't "Stars" anymore. Not even Will Smith can open a bad movie that looks awful just because he's Will.
I think Star Power is still a big factor. Hemsworth being front and centre in all the trailers is likely responsible for a large part of what interest there is in a MiB 4.
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
(Yesterday, 08:33 PM)freeman Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:40 PM)engineer Wrote: Hemsworth's damn lucky he got Thor.  Otherwise, the audience stays away in droves.

This is true...

Thank you.

But seriously, he's not 100% to blame, no, but he's likely the one who's feeling it the most. He's got to know that nobody necessarily goes to see this thing for Tessa, Liam or Emma, nor for F. Gary Grey's hot take on a tried and true formula. And nobody knows these characters yet. They're going for Chris and the core concept, and the core concept is already compromised by not featuring Smith and Jones.  Hemz just can't open a film without lightning and capes involved.  It was pretty obvious that Sony was hoping the Hemsworth/Thompson chemistry from RAGNAROK could be duplicated.

Even GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 had a better domestic opening than MIB4.  Take that in.

I don't even dislike the guy, really.  He's fun as Thor.  And he's okay in CABIN IN THE WOODS.  But his name doesn't get me into a theater seat and it seems a lot of people feel the same.
Hemsworth needs to be making real movies, with auteurs trying to make something other than popular IPs. He could be trying to appear in stuff from the likes of Tarantino or Scorsese or Paul Thomas Anderson. The most experimental I’ve seen him go is Ron Howard.

I mean, he’s fine. If he wants to keep making movies like this, I bet he can keep doing so long enough to coast into a Daddy Day Care period.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(7 hours ago)arjen rudd Wrote: Hemsworth needs to be making real movies, with auteurs trying to make something other than popular IPs. He could be trying to appear in stuff from the likes of Tarantino or Scorsese or Paul Thomas Anderson. The most experimental I’ve seen him go is Ron Howard.

hey now!

what is michael mann?

chopped livuh???
Oh right, that...
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
subotai will make you pay...

don't think you won't pay...
I could see Hemsworth as Bond.
But then nobody would show up to the movie...?