Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween 2 (2020) Pre-release Thread
Quote:When a film takes in $255 million worldwide on a $10 million production budget, chances are, it’s getting a sequel. And sure enough, multiple sources tell Collider that Blumhouse’s Halloween 2 is gearing up to start shooting after Labor Day, and that Universal will likely release the horror movie on October 16, 2020, which the studio had already reserved for an untitled Blumhouse film.

Jamie Lee Curtis is all but assured to return as Laurie Strode, the tough-as-nails franchise survivor who may just be Michael Myers’ worst nightmare, while Judy Greer and Andi Matichak are expected to reprise their respective roles as Laurie’s daughter and granddaughter, though talent deals have yet to close. Not too many other people survived the events of 2018’s Halloween, so expect Blumhouse to introduce a new cast of supporting characters, i.e. a new batch of victims for The Shape.

Quote:And now for the big question — who will direct the Halloween sequel? Sources say that David Gordon Green wrote the script and is expected to return, which is a smart move.

Exclusive: ‘Halloween 2’ Gearing Up for Fall Shoot, 2020 Release; Jamie Lee Curtis to Return

A post Labor Day production?  Could it be a Halloween film will shoot in... autumnal colors?  Yes!

Some of us will be more excited than others about this.  Count me as one of the excited ones.

Hopefully we'll get another great score by John and Cody Carpenter, or at the very least only Cody.

Well here's hoping they just get Halloween 3 weird with it if they're gonna bring him back after seemingly killing him.
The '18 release left me hot and cold. Quality-wise, I thought it was all over the place. However, it was REALLY well directed, and I'll definitely check out a sequel if Green is on board.
As far as slashers go, Halloween 2018 was a hell of a slasher in many many ways. I'm all in on this. I hope they give us a definitive conclusion. The Shape obviously survived. I hope Jason goes on forever but I'd like this one to stop here provided it's good. Kill Laurie. Kill the Shape. Kill both! And for the love of god, get the Carpenters back for the music. This is most anticipated..
They should just keep calling it Halloween.
This one should disregard all the previous sequels as well as the 2018 film.
I'm still wrapping my head around there being three films titled Halloween 2.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
This one will be called "November 1st" to avoid confusion.
They could call it THE DAY AFTER....HALLOWEEN.

And use the old Army font for "The Day After."

Hollywood marketing, I await your phone calls!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

There's an Aussie horror film called The Day After Halloween. You stole their idea!!
I think there actually is a cheesy slasher movie called The Day After Halloween.

EDIT: Brad beat me to it.
“Fabulosity incarnate stands before you; show some goddamn respect.
Fine. We can call it Halloween 2, Too.

I've pwned both Michael and pufncraft so far this morning! Who's next??
Halloween 2 3

Hall2w3n?
"The Day All the Christmas Decorations Start Going Up."
HALLOWEEN: THIRD SECOND.

Halloween 3: Season of Witch 2
"Michael v. Laurie: Dawn of Samhain"
Hallowe3n 2wo: Rise of Michael's Dawning

"David Gordon Green's John Carpenter's Halloween 2."
November 1st is All Hallows Day/All Saints Day/ Hallowmas you godless heathens.

Halloween 2 Legit 2 Quit

HALLOWEEN 2: HALLOWEEN GOES TO MARDI GRAS
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
(06-21-2019, 03:00 PM)slim Wrote: HALLOWEEN 2: HALLOWEEN GOES TO MARDI GRAS

That actually would be the perfect Friday The 13th sequel. Thinking about it now I can't believe they have never done it.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
HALLOWEEN 2: THE LEGEND OF CURLY'S GOLD
Remember that unmade sequel, "Halloween Returns?" It sounds kind of dumb, but also kind of great.
(06-21-2019, 03:22 PM)bradito Wrote: Remember that unmade sequel, "Halloween Returns?" It sounds kind of dumb, but also kind of great.

No, tell me more.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Oh, they tried to make a post-Rob Zombie Halloween sequel and it didn't happen. The end.
Halloween Forever will be the title. Calling it now.

With Jim Carrey as the Riddler..
(06-21-2019, 03:02 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote:

That actually would be the perfect Friday The 13th sequel. Thinking about it now I can't believe they have never done it.

I did an outline for a slasher-ish script based around Mardi Gras for school one time. Was toying with calling it "Murder Gras". I think somebody must've used that title by now.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
(06-21-2019, 03:51 PM)bradito Wrote: Oh, they tried to make a post-Rob Zombie Halloween sequel and it didn't happen. The end.

Oh....ok.
The Screenplay Archaeology podcast goes into it with greater detail. Episode 45.
(06-21-2019, 04:14 PM)slim Wrote:

I did an outline for a slasher-ish script based around Mardi Gras for school one time. Was toying with calling it "Murder Gras". I think somebody must've used that title by now.

The most obvious title for your Mardi Gras themed horror movie is Splat Tuesday.

Halloween 2: Michael On The Move
Giving money to the studio that keeps enabling Adam Sandler is morally equivalent to Satanic kitten rape orgies. - Hypnotoad
(06-21-2019, 04:14 PM)slim Wrote:

Did the killer choke you to death with beads?