Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween Kills (2020) & Halloween Ends (2021) Pre-release Thread
Photo 
The halloweenmovies.com site has a homepage letter written by Trancas International talking about spoilers and how they will try their best to keep from spoiling anything too heavily. And here's a neat lil pic of Myers!

Attached Files Image(s)

Just watched H2018 this past weekend and that's not my reading at all.

Michael sees Laurie through the mirror...and runs away.

Sartain and Hawkins see him basically wandering the streets. We have no reason to think Michael is headed somewhere specifically.

Sartain transports Michael and Allyson....whereupon Michael "wakes up", ignores Allyson and kills Sartain. He then basically heads in the direction that Allyson ran, since she's his only live target in the area. He does so driving the cop car - playing a Halloween "trick," as Michael is wont to do. He kills Ray because Ray is handy to kill. 

It's only then that Michael "targets" Laurie and makes it personal.

A pre-release edit/version may have presented it differently, but I gotta go with the text that's in the final release version.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I remember watching "Halloween II" with a galpal of mine a few years ago. She fell asleep because that's what women do when you put on a movie called "Halloween II." Anyway, the part where Ben Tramer (dressed as Michael Myers) gets pancaked in the car accident woke her up because there's an incredibly realistic explosion.

"What happened?" She said, groggily.

"That's it; the movie's over," I said. Then I turned off the movie.

In hindsight, I now realize that what I did was gaslighting. But it seemed funny at the time.
Gastanking Brad.
Bradito, doing the Lord's work there.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Sartain was probably the only person in H18 that Michael started the movie out WANTING to kill. Cuz he sho nuff didn't waste the opportunity once it presented itself..
Sartain results in the best kill which is a crowd pleaser as well.

I love the motion sensor scene.. because half the fun is the reveal of Michael when Alyson comes back.. and that 'BRRRANG' guitar as Myers looms from the left side, damn that's so good.
(10-11-2019, 04:44 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Just watched H2018 this past weekend and that's not my reading at all.

Michael sees Laurie through the mirror...and runs away.

No, Michael sets up an intricate gag for Hawkins -- hiding Vicky under the sheet -- and waits in the next room, ready to pounce when Hawkins reacts to the body.

And then he sees Laurie, immediately loses interest in Hawkins and everything he's set up, and bolts outside.

He only "runs" when he gets shot.

Sartain's an unnecessary loon -- Halloween sequels don't need a Loomis surrogate -- but everything he says about the relationship between victim and victimizer is the movie's thesis. Laurie and Michael fuel each other.

I expect this to be an even bigger deal in Halloween Kills, as I'd bet lots of money Laurie dies at the end to make for a dark cliffhanger.
(10-11-2019, 07:56 PM)The Dark Shape Wrote: No, Michael sets up an intricate gag for Hawkins -- hiding Vicky under the sheet -- and waits in the next room, ready to pounce when Hawkins reacts to the body.

And then he sees Laurie, immediately loses interest in Hawkins and everything he's set up, and bolts outside.

He only "runs" when he gets shot.

He runs after Laurie shoots at him. And wasn't he running away already when Hawkins shoots him? (I can't recall.) And from the information presented in the film, Michael is NOT hunting or stalking Laurie in any....ahem....shape or fashion.

Michael makes no actual effort to find Laurie until Sartain literally drops him off at her front door. No disrespect or snark meant - but I'm confused how this is even in dispute. The text of the movie has Michael literally wandering the streets of Haddonfield until he's targeted by Hawkins (and Sartain). There's no goal or purpose in his movements except to find his next prey of opportunity.

How exactly would Michael hunt Laurie? He wasn't even aware she was there, and once he does know, he has no idea where she is. This isn't Halloween II Land, where his long lost sister walked up to his front door and he knew it was her.

The point is that when presented with Laurie, Michael drops everything he is doing in favor of her. I don't understand how *this* is in doubt.

(As for the sequence, Michael and Laurie circle the house looking for each other, Laurie shoots him from behind, then she bumps into Hawkins)
(10-12-2019, 03:44 AM)The Dark Shape Wrote: The point is that when presented with Laurie, Michael drops everything he is doing in favor of her. I don't understand how *this* is in doubt.

(As for the sequence, Michael and Laurie circle the house looking for each other, Laurie shoots him from behind, then she bumps into Hawkins)

We're in agreement here. Where we're disagreeing is when this shift happens in the movie.

My argument is, based on the text of the film, it doesn't happen until Sartain drives Michael to Laurie's house. You're saying that it happens earlier.