Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween Kills (2020) & Halloween Ends (2021) Pre-release Thread
Nah, I'm sure a tiny cheese knife will do the job.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
The footage with Donald Presence. Was that from 1 or 2?
I found myself spending the whole Big John/Little John stalk-and-kill sequence admiring the beauty of their interior design.

(10-31-2021, 06:13 PM)Felix Wrote: The footage with Donald Presence. Was that from 1 or 2?

New footage. Actor in prosthetics, plus voice double.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/36877...ts-images/
In the spirit of Halloween, I ended up watching the 2018 film a few days ago, after really not liking it the first time around back upon release.  And I have to say I have a much more positive opinion of the film.  I think it works for the most part, but I still don't like Michael going house to house on a quick kill spree like some side-scrolling video game character.  

But 2018 works so much better in the context of "Kills" being so awful and just makes that film all the worse in comparison.  Like a filler episode of a TV series.  It's as if they just wanted to make a trilogy, with no idea what they were going to do in the middle chapter, so they just took a bunch of random ideas, threw 'em in a blender and hit "puree".
In 1916 a U.S. court ruling, following the example of company law in Britain, effectively made it illegal for a corporation to be motivated by anything but the maximization of profit.  Corporate social-responsibility, therefore, became illegal. 
I read the spree in 2018 as Michael making up for lost time. Halloween is really HIS night, and now he's free to do his thing.

(I also rewatched it this weekend! It's not GREAT but solidly good.)
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
That to me feels like an excuse rather than a reason.  The Myers from Halloween 1978 wasn't a blood thirsty guy per se, he was more about stalking certain people, and being somewhat selective with his kills... I mean, in '78 he had also been locked up for nearly two decades, and he still took his time with the kills after escaping.

And if they were using that film as a basis and ignoring the sequels, their Myers doesn't seem like the same guy to me.  Tonally it just feels off. The scene seems more like it was there to satisfy blood thirsty fans overstimulated by horror violence than being something inherently true to Myers.  But these guys never seemed to "get" Myers anyway, as witnessed by the horrendous Halloween Kills, a movie that seems to ignore original canon Myers completely and just turns him into psycho Rambo.
In 1916 a U.S. court ruling, following the example of company law in Britain, effectively made it illegal for a corporation to be motivated by anything but the maximization of profit.  Corporate social-responsibility, therefore, became illegal. 
He's transcending...
(11-03-2021, 07:28 PM)bradito Wrote: He's transcending...

And she knows this, because...?  I'm surprised the other character didn't start laughing.
She probably checked out the Halloween Wikipedia page, and learned all of Michael's trivia.
Ok, so I finally saw this on Halloween. Holy cow what a gut punch. The mob stuff and Tommy Doyle does have problems, specifically in AMHs performance and the second patient stuff (why the FUCK did Judy Greer not lock herself in there with him and e cradling him so they could see he was fine? Was this to prove the point that morally sound people even act dumb as hell during these situations?) was iffy at best .

Can it be attested now that Loomis was right? Isn’t that what this movie is proving? Why are people still upset that Myers is taking all this damage? It was set up in 1978 that HIS OWN DOCTOR deemed him beyond help and HAD to be evil. I think it’s awesome that they are finally embracing it, HOWEVER, after trying to setup the fact that he is a human being, did they plan on taking it this route of him being something else?

I remember hearing that DGG had only planned 2 movies and then this one was planned a little while in so they expanded the night a little bit, giving this more of a “spinning wheels” vibe that I know a lot of people got and I understand that. Buuut I do like how they are playing in this Haddonfield playground and seeing Myers now begin to create the fear in all of the towns citizens. I fully enjoyed the 80s style feeling of this. Also appreciated getting a little bit further into Myers’ playful nature (the propping of the Jon’s bodies, the playground display) and his dealing with a three-fingered hand (the repeated stabbings of Lenny Clark was him testing out the fucked up hand right? Because then he takes the big one as if to say “yeah, ok feels good let’s go”.
I’m really lucky that I don’t take this seriously.
"God moves in mysterious ways," they said. Maybe he is on your side, the way it all worked out. Remembering other Christmases, wishing for something, something important, something special. And this is it, baby boy Frankie Bono. You're alone now. All alone. The scream is dead. There's no pain. You're home again, back in the cold, black silence
A franchise that's been rebooted more times than I've had hot meals deserves to be taken v seriously!
The gay couple was a highlight for me too. Was sad to see them get the inevitable stabbing. Of course that’s how DGG has tried to play his victims as mostly people you find likable before Michael stabs them. Same with the old couple earlier in the film. THAT was more vicious than the gay couple.
The eye gouge after the armpit stab was insanely graphic and made even more so that it’s in a well lit room. And Jason Blum fully wanted this to be his resume for acquiring ownership to Friday the 13th.
(11-03-2021, 08:31 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: The gay couple was a highlight for me too. Was sad to see them get the inevitable stabbing. Of course that’s how DGG has tried to play his victims as mostly people you find likable before Michael stabs them. Same with the old couple earlier in the film. THAT was more vicious than the gay couple.

If you've got a better more practical way to test which knife is best for stabbing people, I'm all ears!
Is that what he was doing? It seemed more like "look at all these knives!" + just having the time to be a weird, creepy homicidal maniac. Like....that's stopping and smelling the roses to him..

I always prefer Myers to be treated like the city in the Matrix. It was shot in Sydney, and the filmmakers aren't saying it's NOT Sydney, they just call it an "un-named" city.

Myers is always best left as a question mark, not an answer. Because as soon as you answer it, he's no longer interesting. Kind of like Prometheus.
Apparently some sort of extended cut is already up for preorder. I did enjoy the film, but unless this version comes with a guarantee from the filmmaker that it contains exactly zero new scenes of Sixteen Candies & his angry Simpsons mob chanting "Evil Dies Tonight!", I'll pass.

Ps. "Sixteen Candies" is not a typo. Pretty proud of it. It was either that or "The Well-fed Zone"
Does anyone know if Diva Tyler is playing the same character in Kills (light bulb to the throat) as she was in 2018, as the Cemetary caretaker?

Or did he just recast her in a new role?

Adam_72Apparently some sort of extended cut is already up for preorder. I did enjoy the film, but unless this version comes with a guarantee from the filmmaker that it contains exactly zero new scenes of Sixteen Candies & his angry Simpsons mob chanting "Evil Dies Tonight!", I'll pass.

Ps. "Sixteen Candies" is not a typo. Pretty proud of it. It was either that or "The Well-fed Zone"

maybe it’s the cult of thorn stuff excised from the novelization! (Just received it and 2018 in the mail to read for a back to back)