Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOLEMITE IS MY NAME Discussion
Trailer has potty language:

That looks FUN. Nice to see Murphy fully engaged.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Can't wait. You can tell just from the trailer that this is the best Eddie's been in a while.
I miss Eddie.
I miss adult-oriented Eddie. DADDY DAY CARE Eddie can stay gone.
I’m kinda bummed seeing this as a (primarily) Netflix release. It looks amazing!
"I'm not a smart man" -F. Gump
(08-12-2019, 06:36 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: I miss adult-oriented Eddie. DADDY DAY CARE Eddie can stay gone.

They are showing COMING TO AMERICA here next weekend.

I think Eddie's decline starts after this film.
By in large that's fair. I don't dislike ANOTHER 48 HOURS as much as most but Eddie seems pretty disinterested in being there. BOWFINGER was the closest he got in the 90's to his primo years.
(08-12-2019, 07:27 PM)hifidog Wrote: I’m kinda bummed seeing this as a (primarily) Netflix release. It looks amazing!
I was taken aback too. It's the way the world is going, but it still surprises me.

Love the whole cast in this, too. Snipes seems to be having a blast as well. This looks like Murphy's best role since BOWFINGER. I know DREAMGIRLS got him some awards, but I think a lot of the praise for that performance is because it's a change-up from all of the dreck he'd been doing at the time.
Hearing Eddie Murphy say “fuck” again is as good as any legacy sequel. Can’t wait for this.

Honestly, looks more exciting than The Irishman.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
(08-12-2019, 07:27 PM)hifidog Wrote: I’m kinda bummed seeing this as a (primarily) Netflix release. It looks amazing!

On the plus side I'm guessing a lot more people are going to see it than if it did come out in theatres.
Maybe. This definitely would not have gotten a wide release in Asia.
I noticed in a facebook video that the movie had an official R-rating from the MPAA

so maybe there will be some kind of limited theatrical release?
I'm a sucker for a well done underdog with a dream story, of course I'm going to watch this.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
(08-12-2019, 10:57 PM)huntertarantino Wrote: Honestly, looks more exciting than The Irishman.

I ain't ashamed to say I'm far more excited about DOLEMITE than I am IRISHMAN.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(08-13-2019, 12:57 AM)Nooj Wrote: I noticed in a facebook video that the movie had an official R-rating from the MPAA

so maybe there will be some kind of limited theatrical release?

Probably.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I think they already confirmed it. The limited theatrical release.