Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STAR WARS: THE KENOBI CHRONICLES starring Ewan McGregor (Disney+)
Ewan McGregor is in talks to reprise the role of Ben Kenobi in a live action Disney+ series!

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/obi-wan...203304387/
https://www.thewrap.com/ewan-mcgregor-in...ey-series/
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v...ey-1201364
https://deadline.com/2019/08/ewan-mcgreg...202669319/
Obi-“Two” Kenobi
what took you so long BARRY??
It's going to be like Gilligan's Island where every week the writers have to contrive some new setup for the guest stars to stumble into his isolated Tatooine hermitage.
I hope jar jar joins him on adventures!
(08-15-2019, 10:52 PM)Nooj Wrote: I hope jar jar joins him on adventures!

Then you would enjoy how it meta-ly trashes the desire of the fandom!  Like TLJ!

But people appreciate Ahmed Best and Jar Jar now!

I think he would be a good addition to this series!!!
"Appreciate" isn't the same thing as "feel sorry for/bad about how he was treated."
They're not, but they can play in the same playpen!

I also think Jar Jar had some fun episodes in the Clone Wars series.
It's Obi-Wan and a Gonk droid. Together, they fight space crime. One plays by the rules, the other plays by his own rules. And Rule #1? GONK.
I wouldn't hate it if they found a way to work in some Clone Wars era flashbacks with Anakin and Obi-Wan in their prime.
Obi Wan P.I.

Solving crimes at thr behest of Higgins. I’d be down for that.
What if the series follows the parallel journeys of Obi-Wan Ben and Anakin Vader post REVENGE OF THE SITH?
What if it's about that time Obi-Wan decided he was going to be a writer and moved to Space Paris and fell in love with a courtesan?
“I’m the Green Dethstick!”
(08-15-2019, 11:14 PM)Dent6084 Wrote: It's Obi-Wan and a Gonk droid. Together, they fight space crime. One plays by the rules, the other plays by his own rules. And Rule #1? GONK.

Fantha Tracks: "Our sources tell us that the story will be spread across 8 episodes with McGregor directing a number of shows. Further to that, he will be performing alongside a familiar mechanical co-star, and when we heard who it was, our hearts skipped a beat."

https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/film-m...tv-series/
Dent was right!!!
What's this I've been handed the keys to Star Wars, well, time to immediately go mad with POWER!

UUUUUUUUUUNLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMITED POOOOOOOOOOOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(08-16-2019, 12:27 AM)barry woodward Wrote:
(08-15-2019, 11:14 PM)Dent6084 Wrote: It's Obi-Wan and a Gonk droid. Together, they fight space crime. One plays by the rules, the other plays by his own rules. And Rule #1? GONK.

Fantha Tracks: "Our sources tell us that the story will be spread across 8 episodes with McGregor directing a number of shows. Further to that, he will be performing alongside a familiar mechanical co-star, and when we heard who it was, our hearts skipped a beat."

https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/film-m...tv-series/

Mechanical co star? WHO COULD IT BE?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
general greebus, obviously!

so uncivilized! hello there!
Who would even make sense? Surely they couldn't bring R2-D2 or C-3PO back (as a go between for Bail Organa) without undermining the original STAR WARS, although I suppose their ubiquity in the prequel era already did that. I never got the sense that Alec Guinness's Obi-Wan Kenobi had ever come across R2-D2 before, but in the prequel era they were besties. Darth Vader? He is more machine than man, but then again you're contradicting STAR WARS '77. *shrug*
"R4, scramble code five to Coruscant, care of the Old Folks' Home!"

[Image: e5190527-1320-479a-80b8-65f8604e88d7_screenshot.jpg]
K-2SO is sent to Tatooine on a secret mission for the Rebellion (a CASSIAN ANDOR crossover!) and hijinks ensue.
Obviously this show exists for one thing. To get Ray Park back and lead up to one last confrontation between Maul and Obi-Wan. Now THAT I have no problem saying I'd be excited for..
I came for the rumors posted by Barry.

I stayed for Dent's Star Warsing of McGregor's cinematic oeuvre.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(08-16-2019, 06:55 AM)fraid uh noman Wrote: Obviously this show exists for one thing. To get Ray Park back and lead up to one last confrontation between Maul and Obi-Wan. Now THAT I have no problem saying I'd be excited for..

Except they've already done that on Rebels, and that's canon.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
The tyranny of canon. They could still re-do it in live action, but then the CLONE WARS/REBELS context would be lost on the plebs.
I just mean that confrontation has been done in an official capacity, one that was incredibly well-received and thematically perfect for both characters. I doubt they either re-do it in live action or un-do what Rebels did for the sake of a flashier version.

----------

I know it's been done before. I just would rather see it in live action. For what that's worth. Preferably in a movie but I'll take this..

I mean....I do understand that that animated stuff IS canon. But it doesn't feel like it. It feels like....well, it doesn't feel like Star Wars. But that's just my own opinion and that's all on me. I'm not dissing the people who like that stuff just because I don't dig it. I just prefer movies I guess..
Can someone tell me how Darth Maul survived?
He survived because sci-fi fantasy movie. I really dug his cameo at the end of Solo. Not following the cartoons or animated series or what have you was cool in this case because when Maul showed his face it was a genuinely unexpected thing and I liked it a lot..
Maul's appearance in Solo doesn't really contradict anything from the animated series though.

----------

I just never expected to see him in an actual Star Wars film again. Despite what Solo's box office performance was like, the theater I saw it in was quite full. And Maul's appearance drew an audible reaction from the crowd. It may have colored my reaction to the film more rosy than a lot of people feel it should be but, whatever. I liked the film. And that was a cool moment..
Won't they find a way to turn the final Maul/Kenobi confrontation into a half hour of flipping and twirling somehow?
It seems Clone Wars comparative obscurity gave it a little room to do something, y'know, cool now and then.
I would be shocked if they don't use Maul. And Ray Park's particular brand of flipping and twirling would be very welcome..