Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel's MS. MARVEL (Disney+)
[Image: ECsSf-zXYAArRwc?format=jpg&name=900x900]

"Marvel is developing a live-action series for Disney+, its upcoming streaming service, based on its acclaimed comic Ms. Marvel, hiring British writer Bisha K. Ali to write and act as showrunner. Ali is a comedian who is currently a staff writer on Hulu’s remake of Four Weddings and a Funeral.

The latest incarnation, and the one the show will be focusing on, is a teenager named Kamela Khan. Khan broke ground by becoming Marvel’s first Muslim character to lead her own comics title. Her identity as a Pakistani-American living in a religious family in New Jersey whilst trying to find her own way has been a major focus of the stories. Her powers have been described as polymorphous, meaning she has the ability to stretch and change her shape."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v...ey-1234216
So this "Ms. Marvel" has no connection to Carol "Captain Marvel" Danvers, who was originally named Ms. Marvel?

**Also, someone in another thread mentioned the name "Captain Marvel" appears in neither the origin film or Endgame. I think that is actually true!

(08-24-2019, 12:06 AM)Overlord Wrote: So this "Ms. Marvel" has no connection to Carol "Captain Marvel" Danvers, who was originally named Ms. Marvel?

**Also, someone in another thread mentioned the name "Captain Marvel" appears in neither the origin film or Endgame. I think that is actually true!

No, she does. Carol basically passes her the mantle of Ms. Marvel so that she can go on to be Captain Marvel. Khamala Khan even has the same old lightning S symbol on her outfit that Carol had. It's even built right into the show's title graphic.
Git' in under mah belly!
I meant no connection in the MCU.

Well you said original Ms. Marvel, which implies the comics, since the MCU movie went to straight to Captain while skipping the enitire Ms. period.
Git' in under mah belly!
Yes, that is why I clarified what I meant. Because it was confusing.

Don't let your own Dark Side power cloud your vision, my lord.
Git' in under mah belly!
I'm pretty ignorant of the finer details, but it does seem like you'd want Brie Larson's involvement here, in some capacity. Which I suppose they'll have.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Considering Kamala is a huge Captain Marvel fangirl I'd say that's a given.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
(08-25-2019, 07:34 PM)cd underbelly Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 12:06 AM)Overlord Wrote: So this "Ms. Marvel" has no connection to Carol "Captain Marvel" Danvers, who was originally named Ms. Marvel?

No, she does. Carol basically passes her the mantle of Ms. Marvel so that she can go on to be Captain Marvel. Khamala Khan even has the same old lightning S symbol on her outfit that Carol had. It's even built right into the show's title graphic.

Carol had actually taken the 'Captain Marvel' moniker well before Kamala got her powers.
Yes, which is why it was ok for the girl to use the name and symbol, since Danvers wasn't using the anymore.
Git' in under mah belly!
Now that Feige is tackling an Inhuman character for the first time, Kamela Khan/Ms. Marvel, rumor has it that he plans to use the series as a way to reboot and recast Black Bolt (with Vin Diesel?) and the rest of the Inhuman royal family.

https://thegww.com/exclusive-casting-und...for-roles/