Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK’ TRAILER: NICKELODEON REVIVES A CHILDHOOD CLASSIC
I think I am just going to stick with the original five seasons.  I mean, I couldn't even tolerate the revival they did in 1999-2000, so there is just no way this will do it for me.

ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK to me is about young, hungry directors shooting on video tape, in Canada, with obscenely low budgets transcended by the sheer infectious energy of people too wonderfully naive to know better.  It's kind of special.  You can make GOOSEBUMPS EXCEPT SLEEKER, but the spirit of this show, which was crucially spawned by a young network throwing stuff at the wall and not yet concerned about calculatedly hitting specific demographics, simply cannot be recaptured in the way you could recapture ROCKO and ZIM thanks to their being animated shows.
Will probably be better than American Horror Story. Not that I continued past ASYLUM.

How about a show where the original cast catches up over drinks? That's where the terrorstuff is

"If we can't be great, let's be truthful."- Sylvester Stallone, commenting the cinematic rendering of what a mounted .50-cal might do to the flesh of enemies in RAMBO.
I will always remember the Gosling episode.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Zebo, the cigar smoking clown behind door number 6... scarier than new Pennywise?

"If we can't be great, let's be truthful."- Sylvester Stallone, commenting the cinematic rendering of what a mounted .50-cal might do to the flesh of enemies in RAMBO.
(09-20-2019, 05:19 PM)leviathan joe Wrote: Zebo, the cigar smoking clown behind door number 6... scarier than new Pennywise?

Oh yeah.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
The Tale of Bigfoot Ridge with Hayden Christensen has to be one of the worst. It came later in the show's run. The biggest offense is that there's no Bigfoot, despite the fact he's in the fucking title. And even if it had a more accurate/ generic name like Dead Man's Ridge, it would still be a mediocre episode.