Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE KING OF HORROR Draft - Sign Up / Discussion

Good evening boils and ghouls, the most wonderful time of year is approaching. Halloween! This October we will be running a Stephen King draft. You must cast 10 characters from ANY work of Stephen King's. From The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon to The Lawnmower Man to Stephen King’s F13: Control, Alt…Shiver, it's all eligible. Want to cast a character from Kingdom Hospital or Maximum Overdrive? More power to you. The only rule is that you must cast at least one major character who has appeared in multiple Stephen King works. Randall Flagg, Pennywise, Scatman Crothers. Once you've got them you're free to do what you want. You can assemble various characters from different works or just do a straight ahead version of Salem's Lot. As long as it's King, it's all good.

Standard rules. The actors must be alive at the time of the draft. Once an actor has been drafted, they're off of the table. Characters can be drafted multiple times. You know the rest.

We all draft down here.

In.

BTW, an invaluable resource: https://stephenking.fandom.com/wiki/Main_Page
home taping is killing music
I am in
Sometimes, draft is better. I’m in.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
A question:

May we cast Stephen King or other "characters" from his life that appeared in his nonfiction works? I guess the SK in DT would be a cheat, but still.
I’m in.

Just verifying that characters from the Bachmann books are valid?
Anything King is game. Nonfiction, Bachmann, even Ghost Brothers of Darkland County.
Sure, why not . . . I'll take part in YOUR COCKA-DOODIE DRAFT!
Im in.

Ive never read a King book and my favorite film adaptation is Shawshank Redemption. Im blindfolded and throwing darts but still looking forward to it.
Oh, I'm definitely down for this. Debating whether to just use this as an excuse to cast The Stand as they should have done it.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
(09-27-2019, 10:38 AM)JMurdoch Wrote: Im in.

Ive never read a King book and my favorite film adaptation is Shawshank Redemption. Im blindfolded and throwing darts but still looking forward to it.

I'm not especially King-literate myself, but count me in.

Oh, and when do we start?
Ayuh (I'm in).
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
(09-27-2019, 06:31 PM)Pither Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 10:38 AM)JMurdoch Wrote: Im in.

I'm not especially King-literate myself, but count me in.

Oh, and when do we start?
Tentatively the 13th, but that can move up or down depending on people.
Boone
Bailey
Judas
turingmachine
JMurdoch
Hunter
Pither
HP
Oh, am I not allowed? Lame.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
And Arjen!
I've got about 50 ideas lined up already....and apparently way too much time on my hands.
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
You can get busy livin’ Or get get busy draftin’.... I suppose I choose draftin’

I’m in!
"I'm not a smart man" -F. Gump
Ka calls, and I must answer. I’m in too.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Somebody get Elvis in on this. We need his particular brand of...not wackiness...let's go with esotericism...in this.
A free man at the start of a long draft whose conclusion is uncertain.

I draft.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
I'll just go ahead and ask what everyone is thinking.

Can I cast the shit-weasel?

I'm in.
Elvis is sorely missed in these drafts. I'll send him a DM.
You can only cast the shitweasel if you cast Duddits!
(10-01-2019, 11:46 AM)boone daniels Wrote: You can only cast the shitweasel if you cast Duddits!

You've got yourself a deal.
When this then?
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
The 14th. I'll have days up on Friday or Saturday, let any stragglers sign up if they want to.
Oh, this is taking place next week? Shoot, I'm traveling at the end of that week. Hmmm.
Atom
Boone
Bailey
Judas
turingmachine
JMurdoch
Hunter
Pither
HP
Arjen
hifidog
superlaser
Richard Dickson
Hot Sandwich
Good morning
Well shit. I had Bill Hader as my Jack Torrance.
Hader as King was the first thing that popped into my head for this, so that was my Round 1 pick from the get-go.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
He’s 100% perfect for it
*Looks at Hader as King, tears up list*
Digging that Adam Driver pick. Nice to see SALEM'S LOT get in here right away.