"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

Not quite NBA but...

https://clutchpoints.com/potential-top-n...0-charity/

Quote:James Wiseman, a freshman on the University of Memphis men’s basketball team, must sit 11 additional games (12 total) based on recruiting inducements his family received before he enrolled at Memphis and for competing in three games while ineligible. He will be eligible to compete in Memphis’ Jan. 12 contest at South Florida. He also must donate $11,500 to a charity of his choice.

What a joke. Bet he's just counting down the days until he's a Warrior.
Knicks dumped Fizdale. Not sure what that fixes but there ya go.
(12-06-2019, 08:48 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Knicks dumped Fizdale. Not sure what that fixes but there ya go.

And now there are rumors the Knicks have shown interest in Spurs assistant Becky Hammon. Even more crazy are reports she is interested as well. Why would she take that job knowing she has no chance to succeed? The Knicks are the worst run franchise in the league
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
It would be difficult to pass up the job knowing you'd make that level of history. Combined with the fact that you'd probably get something of a free pass since the organization is a laughing stock at this point.
Yeah, it's actually a perfect situation for a new coach. If you fail, it's on the Knicks, and if you succeed, you're a genius!

Plus, she'd have to wonder if this might be the only real offer she ever gets.

And beyond the history and opportunity, there's the money... even a lower-tier head coaching salary would likely be a huge raise.
Gamertag: Tweakee
(12-07-2019, 05:29 PM)farsight Wrote: Yeah, it's actually a perfect situation for a new coach. If you fail, it's on the Knicks, and if you succeed, you're a genius!
Sure that's what the last 3 or 4 HC said.

(12-07-2019, 05:15 PM)bailey Wrote: It would be difficult to pass up the job knowing you'd make that level of history. Combined with the fact that you'd probably get something of a free pass since the organization is a laughing stock at this point.
Maybe for a white coach. Didn't work out for Derek Fisher. Women and black HC don't get the same grace period.
I think Becky Hammon can afford to wait for a better spot. I’ve seen lots of chatter that she’s on the Pelicans shortlist if/when they finally move on from Gentry.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Here's a pretty great eulogy of David Stern - https://www.truehoop.com/p/exceptional-ruthless

Quote:How in the hell did he do that? With brilliance, hard work, vision, and, crucially: ruthlessness. I am sad that he died because he was a human. And he was this complicated character, who meant a lot. However, I’m also sad because his death is proving to be one more occasion to reload the NBA’s howitzers of high-velocity horsecrap. “David built a league with the core values of integrity, teamwork, respect and innovation,” reads one of the dozens of official statements following his death. Ha.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
Not NBA, but there was a wild brawl at the end of the Kansas/Kansas State game tonight:

Nasty block. MVP is the white guy with the dogshit Mohawk/mullet trying to do anything
Random Rich Eisen episodes always show up when I'm browsing YT on my TV. Did anything ever come of this?

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

(01-22-2020, 02:01 AM)Munson Wrote: Nasty block. MVP is the white guy with the dogshit Mohawk/mullet trying to do anything

Did anyone see the crowd view of that fight? Some guy--maybe a coach--suddenly comes flying into frame like he jumped off the top turn buckle in a wrestling match. Kid was suspended indefinitely until review, which is the right call. The funny thing is, he's got like a 7' wing span and still couldn't seem to hit anyone.
Kobe.
A My Blu-Ray Movies | er u tang is?
(01-26-2020, 06:07 PM)SAIRUS Wrote: Kobe.

Yeah the hot takes on twitter are going to be something. I wonder if his daughter being in the crash as well will squash all the rape talk.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I choked up a lot yesterday, but this stuck with me:

https://twitter.com/TreyWallace_/status/...7099230211

Tomorrow's Lakers/Clippers game is postponed.
4-way trade tonight. Most notable parts are Robert Covington to the Rockets, Clint Capela to the Hawks.
I haven't been following every Blazers game but I can attest the Dame Lillard is on fire from the 48 he put on the Lakers last Friday.  Continuing the sick 3 pt range that killed OKC last playoffs.

Blazers better turn it on if they wanna catch the Grizzlies. They're way ahead on their rebuild schedule.

Andre Iguodala is my hero. Get paid for doing nothing for 2/3 of a season. Get traded to a contender. Get a 2 year $30 million extension.
Warriors ship Russell and spare parts to the T-wolves for Andrew Wiggins, their 2021 1st rounder and a 2nd.

Not a huge fan of Wiggins but he may catch fire if he's the 3rd or even 4th option on team next season. Who the Warriors actually suit up for the rest of this season is anyone's guess.
Warriors don't want to suit anyone up. they want best chance at #1
Fine by me, tank away! But Curry back in March.
I just flipped on the game. WTF is up with this scoring system? Winning quarters? I don't get the point.
Winning the quarters was just for whose charity got $100k, no impact on the final winner.
Gamertag: Tweakee
I caught a bit of the Kobe Memorial. MJ really rose to the moment. A staggeringly moving eulogy.