Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Afternoon, everybody: The Cheers/Frasier Appreciation Thread.
I always loved the one with Paul where it comes out that he slept with Carla. Then Paul asks Sam to let Carla know it was only a one time thing.

"Paulie don't need no clinging vines."
ABC is doing a promotion this week where casts from old shows are guest starring on their current lineup. Looks like we’re getting a mini-reunion on The Goldbergs. I’ve only seen that show once, when Robert Englund guest starred as Freddy. It was fine.
Will be hard for them to top this reunion:

With Alex Trebek in the news...

"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
A scene of Sam and Diane getting married was shot in front of a live studio audience. The producers where hopping the news would leak so people would be surprised when they didn't get married.
[video=youtube]http://[/video]

People taking bets on whether or not they get married always cracks me up.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
I'm rewatching FRASIER for the first time since it aired. I stopped watching it as it went on, but I'm enjoying this rewatch. This cast was great, right there with the best ensembles ever, and the scripts are always sharp. 

But better than CHEERS?

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'm enjoying the show a lot, but CHEERS is on Sitcom Mount Rushmore.
I'm with Mangy.

Cheers, MASH, Seinfeld, Diff'rent Strokes.
Can someone explain MASH?
Explain how? It’s a dramady about front line surgeons during the Korean War. A show that lasted a lot longer than the war it’s set in. For my money the show went on about 5 seasons too long. Should have ended when Frank left.

My sitcom Mount Rushmore...

With animation - Cheers, Seinfeld, MASH, The Simpsons
Without animation - Cheers, Seinfeld, MASH, It’s Always Sunny...
I'm going Cheers, Seinfeld, Curb and Larry Sanders.

Hard keeping Newsradio off.
Parks and Rec may be recent, but Leslie Knope's face absolutely deserves to be on that mountain.

I think I might enjoy rewatching Frasier more than I do Cheers, even though I recognize Cheers is the standout classic. Something about the "stage farce" feel of Frasier just works whether I'm actively watching or backgrounding it while I do something else. Cheers is interesting to watch for some of the jokes that would never make it to air today. it's almost a perfect time capsule of the era.

Still doing my rewatch of Frasier and I'm enjoying it... While I was watching today, I saw Dave Franklin retweet this and I'm still laughing...it's old, but it was new to me and I cackled:

Attached Files Image(s)

HOW JEJUNE!

(05-04-2020, 09:54 AM)sean blackwell Wrote: I think I might enjoy rewatching Frasier more than I do Cheers, even though I recognize Cheers is the standout classic.  Something about the "stage farce" feel of Frasier just works whether I'm actively watching or backgrounding it while I do something else.  

this is pretty much me
Heads up, Cheers is leaving Netflix in July. It is also on Hulu and CBS Access for now, didn't see anything to suggest it won't be on those in July.
I would expect it will be leaving the others for Peacock before too long.

Well, maybe not CBS All-Access since Paramount produced the show.
Just started laughing thinking about the episode where Frasier and Lilith have Fredrick's birthday party in the bar and Norm finds a kid sitting on his barstool. He stands there for a second unsure of what to do, then just picks him up and moves him. "Wish someone had done that me 20 years ago."
I picked up a couple of masks for COVID-19 recently...

PSN Handle: chetripley80
That Cheers one is sick.
I REALLY want that Cheers mask.

I've been ping-ponging between watching Jean Claude Van-Damme's movies for the first time and rewatching FRASIER, which is one heck of a left brain/right brain workout! I still prefer Cheers, but Frasier is consistently strong... I'm in the middle of the eighth season and it's really something how good it has remained. Also, this whole sequence with Niles is utterly fantastic:

Yeah, that clip is an all timer.
I just wrapped up Frasier, and while it stayed pretty good, the final season is a pretty big drop in quality, featuring one of the most jump-the-shark storylines I can think of: Maris gets arrested for murder!

I had no idea this had happened, and was pretty shocked...the show pretty quickly tries to pretend it didn't happen, but good lord is it goofy, so jarring that I kept thinking about it and shaking my head as the season went on.

Otherwise, good show!