Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Morris' 'The Day Shall Come' brought to you by Me
I only became aware of this film's existence thanks to youtube's bubbling swamp churning up this video!

The film is a satire of FBI entrapment capers where a small Miami Black Identity movement becomes elevated and inspired into real plots via infiltration and money from the feds.

Sounds kind of cool in a dark sort of way, like 4 Lions.  Apparently some people have seen it, but it's out this week in more places.
I was really looking forward to this since I found out about it at the beginning of the year but the reviews have been a bit discouraging.
the empire never ended
Yeah, the early notices and publicity haven't been much. But Four Lions got kind of the same treatment, so I dunno. He says himself that it's more satirical than comedic. Maybe that's the problem.
The trailer makes it look like it owes a lot to Veep.  The FBI parts at least.

I think this movie may be suffering from a case of unfortunate timing. Four Lions arrived at around the right time, but war on terror stuff isn't really what everyone's talking about at this moment. I guess that's the problem with trying to make movies when you're a satirist, they take so long to get off the ground that by the time you get one finished and released there's a risk everyone's attention's moved on to something else.

I do kind of wish Morris would get back involved in TV more. He used to be so prolific, but his output over the last decade only really consists of two movies.