Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BALLERINA (a JOHN WICK universe spin-off film) - Pre-Release Thread
It's coming, and it's directed by Len Wiseman.  No word on a release date yet but JOHN WICK 4 is apparently coming in 2021.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/john-...203363277/
You had me at Len Wiseman.

And by, "had me", I mean, "Had me wondering who he's blackmailing to still have a career?"
Gamertag: Tweakee
Len Wisemen could fuck up a PB&J sandwich. Props for marrying Kate B for a while, but that doesn’t exonerate his portfolio.
I'm not Avery.
I've never seen Live Free or Die Hard or his Total Recall "remake."

I'll keep it that way.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
I mostly hate Wiseman out of envy for his Beckinsale'ing.

But filmography-wise, why so much hate? Underworld was a surprisingly fun genre romp, Live Free or Die Hard (especially the unrated version) is pretty underrated IMHO ... horrible Harrier jet scene aside ..... I remember disliking Evolution and I detested Total Recall, but that's still a .500 batting average.

**I thought the pilot of Sleepy Hollow was pretty good, too.

LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD wasn’t really that bad, coming from a franchise that has DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER.

Now, that fifth film, THAT was a piece of shit.
(10-09-2019, 08:59 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD wasn’t really that bad, coming from a franchise that has DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER.

Now, that fifth film, THAT was a piece of shit.

Totally agree. “Live Free...” is fine until Kevin Smith shows up.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
The first two Underworlds are fun. Dumb as fuck, but fun.

Every Die Hard after Die Hard 2 is terrible. Varying levels, to be sure, but terrible. You heard me.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(10-09-2019, 09:16 PM)MichaelM Wrote: The first two Underworlds are fun. Dumb as fuck, but fun.

Every Die Hard after Die Hard 2 is terrible. Varying levels, to be sure, but terrible. You heard me.

MOONRAKER > DIE HARDER
A Len Wiseman defense. I've seen it all!

Every film of his that I've seen has left me with the same reaction: "This should be a lot more fun. Why isn't this fun?"

Werewolves vs Vampires somehow became the most boring flick I'd seen in a long time.

Most importantly, they just gave a JOHN WICK spinoff to a guy who can't direct action.
Gamertag: Tweakee
(10-09-2019, 09:31 PM)farsight Wrote: A Len Wiseman defense. I've seen it all!

Disagreements are what make the internet go round!

(10-09-2019, 09:31 PM)farsight Wrote: Most importantly, they just gave a JOHN WICK spinoff to a guy who can't direct action.

This.

Anyone seen Luc Besson's ANNA? The lead and the film were a lot better than i expected. That restaurant fight was almost on par with the stuff you see in the Wick films.
(10-09-2019, 09:30 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote: MOONRAKER > DIE HARDER

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

I enjoyed Underworld for the most part when it came out, (although the hybrid vampire werewolf sure did suck) but the last time I watched it with some friends a little over a decade ago I found it kind of boring. And the sequel is just total shit. Someone said they're dumb fun, but that sequel thinks its audience are total fucking morons with the amount of flashbacks it drops on you to things that just happened like a scene before. It's like the movie doesn't trust you to remember things that just happened. I remember going to see that movie with friends when it came out and I couldn't believe the amount of flashbacks it had, it was hilarious.
Part 2 and 4 of Underworld is really fun. Part 4 is fun because they dropped all the stupid backstory shit and just made a short gory action movie. Also it wasn't directed by Wiseman.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Part 2 is fucking bonkers, which is why I love it. Goddamn DEREK JACOBI guest stars as a vampire lord.

Plus the werewolf designs in Part 2 are a big step up from the first film's limited budget.

Why in hell would Lions Gate get a director like Wiseman for their 'expanded universe' unless someone secretly wants to kill it for some perverse reason. Just watch the Total Recall remake (actually, PLEASE DON'T!). I was coerced into seeing it by my brother (we have been estranged for 3 years and counting) and I'm still trying to scrub remnants of it from my mind via alcohol.