Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘JUNGLE CRUISE’ TRAILER: JOHNSON AND BLUNT TAKE A MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR
I mean....it could be fun. But it's a Disney joint, so I'm thinking it's going to be super generic.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I'm just not buying the Rock as the huckster who finds himself suddenly confronted by the real thing. You need someone who looks like they'd run away from a fight.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Yeah, not buying it at all.
I feel like I've probably seen this.
Throw in a gin-soaked captain and a few Nazis and this could be a re-imagining of The African Queen. The only thing missing is a floppy hat on Emily Blunt.
Good to see The Rock taking risks.
Would it be wrong to say that I think I'd rather see this movie than Rise of Skywalker?

Also, there better be cameos by Sean William Scott and Christopher Walken...
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
(10-11-2019, 03:25 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: I'm just not buying the Rock as the huckster who finds himself suddenly confronted by the real thing.  You need someone who looks like they'd run away from a fight.

And there's just something about his physique and the way he fills out the costume that just screams ANACHRONISM. (Not that anyone's seeing this movie for strict period-accurate aesthetics. But still.)
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Not to beat the Mummy comparison into the ground, but '90s Brendan Fraser is pretty much the template for this role. A pre-buff Chris Pratt would have been perfect.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
I bet a lot of people who got mad that Scorsese called the movies they like "theme parks" are getting stoked for this movie based on a theme park ride.
I might watch this.
This just has me wondering what happened to the Rock's Doc Savage movie.
The Tree of Life is a GREAT, not a good, a GREAT, hook for an adventure film.

Scratch another idea that should have been made into an Indiana Jones movie off the list of possibilities.

**Looks one part The Mummy, one part African Queen, one part Jumanji, one part Romancing the Stone, and one part Disney theme park ride.

This like the most generic looking thing I've ever seen. ADVENTURE MOVIE: THE MOVIE..
(10-13-2019, 08:24 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: This like the most generic looking thing I've ever seen. ADVENTURE MOVIE: THE MOVIE..

And you know what:  that's exactly what I fucking want right now.

Can't. Wait.

**I even really like this director!

What you said.