Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stranger Things 4
[video=youtube]http://[/video]

My guess is that this season they go in to the Upside Down to kill the Mindflayer. That would be a good way to wrap the show up. While I'm a big fan of the show, I don't want it go on for too long.

Pros to Hopper being alive
David Harbour is great on the show.
Seeing 11 and him reunited would be a good moment; maybe even better than when Mike and 11 see each in season 2.
11 has a rough life, she deserves a break.

Cons
The ending of season 3 won't have the same emotional reaction. Hopper isn't dead, so there is no reason for anyone to be sad. As a viewer one may roll their eyes and think it all got worked out on the next season.
It does lower the stakes if characters aren't really dead. Well main characters anyway.

Personally I think its Dr Brenner in the Russian cell.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Hopper is 1000% alive.
As enjoyable as it is, the series still feels small and a little repetitive to me. With that said, it's probably good this is the last season. The kids are getting too old for the roles and they're starting to look it.
I think Dr. Brenner is the American AND Hopper is alive (and confirmed as being so fairly quickly) but still trapped in the Upside-Down, possibly working with the other supposedly vaporized Russians to survive until the others realize he’s there and go in to rescue him.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
Wait, someone had an emotional reaction to the end of season three? I mean, maybe I would have, if it hadn’t been so unbelievably clear that Hopper was alive.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Loved season three. Love the show.

That's Hopper's cabin there in the teaser. Best bet is he's holed up there in the Upside Down version using his Vietnam skills to stay alive.
This was shared via official channels...
[Image: 75402100_1560657027407308_67433659219448...e=5E42650D]

My hunch is the fourth season will hit sometime during the holidays next year.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
So is the Hellfire Club Kali's gang? Or a group of local kids who butt heads with our group?
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
I do know that in the Phoenix saga, The Hellfire Club exploited Jean's abilities. Maybe this means 11 will be tempted to go bad or even a full blown heel turn.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
(11-07-2019, 03:30 PM)Chaz Rock City Wrote: I do know that in the Phoenix saga, The Hellfire Club exploited Jean's abilities. Maybe this means 11 will be tempted to go bad or even a full blown heel turn.

That's about the only direction left to go with her.  We can't have *another* season that hinges on her saving the day.

Maybe her powers haven't returned and someone with ulterior motives offers to help her get them back.

----------

I'd fine with 11 not getting her powers back. It would make things more difficult for the protagonists. Also in the long run, maybe she would be happier without them.  It would give her a chance to have a normal life.
There wouldn't be a stranger thing than Eleven no longer having nosebleeds.
Git' in under mah belly!
I kinda think that's how it all ends. Eleven's powers all burned out, finally able to just have a normal life with Mike...

Flash forward to the epilogue and a crashing sound in an older Mike and Ell's kid's room and they rush in to see a picture fallen off the wall and the baby happily giggling with a small trail of blood running from their nose...

----------

I got a weird vibe from the end of season 3 where Mike tries to comfort El by saying her powers will come back. Is that something to worry about or does her powers define who she is, as opposed to a person she is actually becoming?

It’s a thread I’d love them to pull that maybe Eleven doesn’t want them back, Mike wants them for reasons, drama drama, and he gets jealous of her powers and he goes to get some of his own. Mindflayer takes Mike in and gives him what he wants, and El takes on the burden to get her power back and face her boyfriend.

Meanwhile Dustin says Hopper name 3 times and wills Hopper into existence. Miss Byers looks at the camera.

Nancy eats a sandwich. Will gets a neck massage.

I wonder what the Alien 3 reference will be?
A My Blu-Ray Movies | er u tang is?
Alien 3 reference? A beloved adult character and beloved chlld character suddenly die in the opening minutes?

Kill Dustin and confirm Hopper is dead right away?
Git' in under mah belly!
Or ... a beloved character chooses to take control of her own fate rather than allowing some sinister corporation/entity to continue manipulating her...

----------

As long as it sets up a scene with the mayor killing a monster with a bow and arrow.

----------

My guess is, if anyone destroys the Mindflayer it's Will.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
What 7-11 or Baskin Robin's product will factor in the story this season?
(11-08-2019, 12:48 PM)Evi Wrote: My guess is, if anyone destroys the Mindflayer it's Will.

No way. It's going to be Joyce.

"You leave my family alone, you son of a bitch ..." ...*shoots scuba tank in MindFlayer's mouth* ..."

Alien 3 setup: Eleven is about to sacrifice herself and a Hopper replica shows up to stop her. Random character helps her die (umm how Mike’s Dad).

Alien Resurrection setup: Eleven is cloned in the 2000s along with a talking sheep named Dart. A droid that looks like Joyce...oh wait a sec!!!
Eh, would anyone really want to watch a modern set Stranger Things? A large part of the appeal is the 80's setting. Only way I could see it even kinda working if it's set in thick of throwback 80's nostalgia that's been happening the last few years, which s ironically why this show even exists.
Git' in under mah belly!
(11-09-2019, 10:31 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Eh, would anyone really want to watch a modern set Stranger Things? A large part of the appeal is the 80's setting. Only way I could see it even kinda working if it's set in thick of throwback 80's nostalgia that's been happening the last few years, which s ironically why this show even exists.

I could have maybe seen it work as a second season if they had done it IT style, with the grown up kids coming back to Hawkins because the monster re-emerges.
Superlaser speaks for me from now on.

-Bart
So when Eleven turns Twenty Seven?
Git' in under mah belly!
So pull a Crown?
(11-09-2019, 11:11 AM)superlaser Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 10:31 AM)cd underbelly Wrote: Eh, would anyone really want to watch a modern set Stranger Things? A large part of the appeal is the 80's setting. Only way I could see it even kinda working if it's set in thick of throwback 80's nostalgia that's been happening the last few years, which s ironically why this show even exists.

I could have maybe seen it work as a second season if they had done it IT style, with the grown up kids coming back to Hawkins because the monster re-emerges.

Eleven get a map of that sewer, mark all the exits and for god's sake don't lose it!
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina