Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stranger Things 4
(11-21-2020, 07:29 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: Dream Warriors and The Dream Master would be peak-Freddy mania, so the series isn't quite there yet for some ANOES references.  Unless I'm forgetting something obvious, I am surprised there hasn't been a Jason Vorhees reference.

Anyways, I'm glad Englund's getting on the series.  He perfectly encapsulates the 80s without being a big enough name to distract.

I'm assuming season four takes place during 1986, so Top Gun and Aliens seem like the most obvious inclusions regarding pop culture.  There will probably be an extended riff on Ferris Bueller's Day Off, even if it's been done to death.  Maybe a Crocodile Dundee joke?  

Joyce and Jim should check out Hannah and Her Sisters for date night (feels like a good opening for snarky Hooper, as if we needed anymore).

And Erica seems like a prime candidate to love The Adventures of the American Rabbit.

(11-22-2020, 12:16 AM)Iron Maiden Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 07:29 PM)Iron Maiden Wrote: I'm assuming season four takes place during 1986, so Top Gun and Aliens seem like the most obvious inclusions regarding pop culture.  There will probably be an extended riff on Ferris Bueller's Day Off, even if it's been done to death.  Maybe a Crocodile Dundee joke?  

Joyce and Jim should check out Hannah and Her Sisters for date night (feels like a good opening for snarky Hooper, as if we needed anymore).

And Erica seems like a prime candidate to love The Adventures of the American Rabbit.

...I forgot Stand By Me, maybe the most obvious choice.  And Erica would probably like My Little Pony: The Movie more after a small amount of research.

And somebody better have an obsession with Vamp.

(11-22-2020, 11:51 PM)Chaz Rock City Wrote: Fright Night can be referenced since it came out in 85.

I think The Goonies might be the most obvious reference, but that's just me.

Considering all the crap that's gone down in the town and all the government attention it's drawn, I can totally see a "Save Hawkins" theme running through this season, which would sort of echo The Goonies a bit.
Just this guy, you know?