Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoT: House of the Dragon pre-release Discussion spawned by Freeman's love of S8
It’s going to be an interesting adaptation, as it sounds suited to major cast swaps every year or two. Which I suppose were primed for by things like American Horror Story, but this is still something new, a show covering a dynasty. I wonder how they’re doing it.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(02-11-2020, 06:26 PM)headless fett Wrote: Much more likely to happen then GRRM actually finishing A Song of Ice and Fire.

Marianne Williamson becoming president is more likely to happen than GRRM finishing ASOIAF.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(02-11-2020, 07:08 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: It’s going to be an interesting adaptation, as it sounds suited to major cast swaps every year or two. Which I suppose were primed for by things like American Horror Story, but this is still something new, a show covering a dynasty. I wonder how they’re doing it.

I haven't watched the entire series of any of them, but the idea of following a dynasty for a century or more is not that novel - THE TUDORS, THE BORGIAS and THE CROWN, off the top of my head.  Granted, this would be a deal more action-oriented, and carry the obligation to maintain the unprecedented production value of GAME OF THRONES (with even more dragons featured even more prominently), so it would still be a good deal harder.
(02-11-2020, 07:21 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 06:26 PM)headless fett Wrote: Much more likely to happen then GRRM actually finishing A Song of Ice and Fire.

Marianne Williamson becoming president is more likely to happen than GRRM finishing ASOIAF.

I imagine someone said something similar about a certain someone 4 years ago. And they were right!

Do you want to be responsible for the US having daily mandated crystal healing sessions?!?
Gamertag: Tweakee
I mean...if I had to choose between that and what we have now....yes?
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

I see... you choose to use your powers for weird, instead of good!
Gamertag: Tweakee
It is known:

atomtastic

Quote:MichaelM is really weird.

We're really concerned about cast turn over from a show/franchise that gave us The Red Wedding and the Destruction of the Sept of Baelor? Really?
home taping is killing music
Well, on top of the deaths, the timespan (unless they really zero in on the Dance, which I suppose would be a viable option) dictates turning over the entire cast a few different times.
(02-11-2020, 06:13 PM)schwartz Wrote: I finished the book yesterday, and Overlord is right, the Dance Of Dragons bangs with just as much blood, betrayal, tragedy and twists as the War Of Five Kings ...

[Image: b57e58ea8aae2c8d7a8c31358acffa19.gif]