Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHRISTMAS CAROL on the BBC with Guy Pearce

Trailer's interesting, as it looks like far and away the darkest adaptation I've ever seen. Also, notably not using the familiar dialogue from Dickens. Curious how far they push that. Andy Serkis as a ghost will be fun.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
Damn, that looks great. I love the story - the George C Scott version is my favorite, followed closely by the Alastair Sim version.

But it looks like they manage to do something a bit new or different with the story without veering from its central premise. And Serkis is fucking genius casting.

Pearce, I love, but he feels a bit young for the role.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(11-04-2019, 09:45 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Pearce, I love, but he feels a bit young for the role.

[Image: behind0131.jpg]

Serkis is enough to get me to watch a non-Muppets production of the story.
Don't come in here with that Prometheus shit!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Things That Make Me Feel Old #3920: Guy Pearce playing fuckin' SCROOGE?!?!?!?
I'm gonna pass unless the reviews are absolutely stellar. I've seen enough versions of this story to satisfy my viewing needs.

Besides, nothing's gonna top the MUPPET version.