Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Worst of the Decade
The Predator can't be worst of decade bad. I have to think that would reserved for movies that ruin an IP or have so much promise only to squander it.

Wizarding World Movies post (or pre) Harry Potter.
Fantastic Beasts are a competently made series but completely forgetable and unnecessary. Do we need 5 movies to tell this story?
Until I've seen every movie this decade, I can only say that The Predator is MY least favorite. Not necessarily the worst. I haven't seen Serenity but that SOUNDS worse.

I can't imagine thinking that either of the Fantastic Beasts movies are worse. The first one was very boring but it at least had a certain visual splendor going for it.

That Rutger Hauer Dracula movie might actually be the title holder but I'd forgotten about it until just this moment. Woof.

And the Human Centipede movies..
There's a very good scene in that Dracula where Dracula transforms into a giant CGI praying mantis.
(11-09-2019, 05:01 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: That Rutger Hauer Dracula movie might actually be the title holder but I'd forgotten about it until just this moment. Woof.

Brandon (of Brandon's Cult Movie Reviews) just posted a video for that Dracula on YouTube. That movie is....something else. Hauer looked like he was in complete "don't give a shit" mode. I also wasn't expecting the prince of darkness to turn into a were-praying mantis. Seriously Dario, what the fuck?
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
Is Transylvania even known for having a praying mantis problem? I mean, if they are, then fair play.
"Looking at the Trump administration, I'm starting to think I was too hard on the characters in Prometheus."  --  MrBananaGrabber
(11-09-2019, 04:16 PM)rexbanner Wrote: About... 40% of the footage of The Hobbit films (the other 60% is nearly as terrific and engaging an adaptation of the material as I think is possible).

I think it's really tragic how...

a) after LotR, the studios didn't just tell Jackson 'We're going to let you make this however you want', instead pushing for miserable changes.

b) when making a prequel trilogy to a beloved fantasy trilogy, Jackson somehow managed to avoid falling into the most obvious pitfall of all time and stuffed it full of cartoony, godawful CGI that could never look good.

c) There's a near-perfect 2 1/2 hour adaptation of the book under all that flab.

I'm still waiting for some intrepid editor to trim all three movies down into a straight 2.5 - 3 hour adaptation. All the big moments are there (and done pretty well).

(11-09-2019, 05:01 PM)fraid uh noman Wrote: That Rutger Hauer Dracula movie might actually be the title holder but I'd forgotten about it until just this moment. Woof.

Argento's DRACULA just makes me sad more than anything else.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
I'm glad no one mentioned the new SHAFT.

A lot of critics came at it. Some Black critics claimed Sam Jackson went full hotep with his interpretation.

I was talkin' to Crizz about it, and we both found it hilarious and kind of sweet in how it dealt with generational divide and misunderstanding.

OG Shaft Roundtree introduced watching an old Robin Harris special slayed me.

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"

Shaft wasn't a bad movie..
THE HANGOVER had zero laughs for me. That was 12 bucks wasted.
Man alive, I didn't like "Shaft III: Ok, Boomer."
Joker was funnier than the Hangover movies..
I found it weird how few people seemed to revile them as much as I did, but this year alone 'It: Chapter Two' and 'Ad Astra' managed to get two places in my '5 shittiest films I've ever seen at the cinema' list (I'm rarely at the pictures more than 8 times a year, and it's almost always to see something I'm really keen on, so it's easy to avoid shiters).

It: Chapter 2 was boring, free of scares, free of sense, full of shit acting, full of unearned sentiment, and seemed to take active steps to avoid building dread throughout it. By the last hour I was in total disbelief at the shitshow I was seeing.

Ad Astra - I like long, glacial sci-fi. 2001, Blade Runner, Arrival - yes please. But this was so boring I had to fight sleep, and had to actively keep retaining bits of the plot in my head.
I loved AD ASTRA. To each their own, though.
(11-09-2019, 07:47 PM)bradito Wrote: Man alive, I didn't like "Shaft III: Ok, Boomer."

haha is that the first time someone dropped that diss on the boards?

It's actually SHAFT 5, you honkey poseur!

(11-09-2019, 09:45 PM)Fat Elvis Wrote:
(11-09-2019, 07:47 PM)bradito Wrote: Man alive, I didn't like "Shaft III: Ok, Boomer."

haha is that the first time someone dropped that diss on the boards?

It's actually SHAFT 5, you honkey poseur!

Is "Diamond Shaft" canonical?
I figured he meant it's the third movie titled just "Shaft."

One could be forgiven for forgetting about Big Score and Shaft Goes to Africa and Shaft Scared Stupid..
SHAFT IN AFRICA might be the best one!

It's almost proto-Marvel's BLACK PANTHER.

(a pull quote for the kids)

(11-09-2019, 07:46 PM)Felix Wrote: THE HANGOVER had zero laughs for me. That was 12 bucks wasted.

You should see 2 and 3!

Or rather, you would hate them, so avoid.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I'm not really sure how The Predator even enters the conversation when it came out the same year as The Cloverfield Paradox and Bird Box. Forget worst movie of the decade, that shit ain't even the worst sci-fi movie of 2018.