Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010s in Moments: Line By Line
Quotes! Speeches! Monologues! Exchanges! Witty repartee! And more. 

I will start with this deeply creepy moment in which Jake Gyllenhaal leveled up his career with a single speech: 

Quote:"Now I like you, Nina. And I look forward to our time together. But you have to understand, fifteen thousand isn't all that I want. From here on, starting now, I want my work to be credited by the anchors and on a burn. The name of my company is Video Production News, a professional news-gathering service. That's how it should be read and that's how it should be said. I also want to go to the next rung and meet your team, and the station manager, and the director, and the anchors, and start developing my own personal relationships. I'd like to start meeting them this morning. You'll take me around, you'll introduce me as the owner and president of Video Production News, and remind them of some of my many other stories. I'm not done. I also want to stop our discussion over prices. This will save time. So when I say that a particular number is my lowest price, that's my lowest price and you can be assured that I arrived at whatever that number is very carefully. Now, when I say that I want these things, I mean that I want them and I don't want to have to ask again. And the last thing that I want, Nina, is for you to do the things that I ask you to do when we're alone together in your apartment, NOT LIKE THE LAST TIME. So, I'll tell you what. I have the van crash on Moorpark tonight. It was a couple of stringers actually. That could lead by itself on an average night. I'd be willing to throw that in for free. So what do you say, do we have a deal?"
home taping is killing music
Ottway's grieving, shouted prayer at the end of THE GREY. Earned by everything that's come before, remembered and experienced by Ottway. More genuine and more deeply spiritual than all of Fireproof, Left Behind, and God's Not Dead combined.

"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
'Chewie...we're home.'

That line gets me every time. It's where the nostalgia bomb went off.
CREED 2:

"You're much smaller than your father."
'I lost the kid' (from AVENGERS: ENDGAME)

Maybe the best line delivery of RDJ's career.
" . . . You are not ape."
"I couldn't leave my best girl. Not when she owes me a dance."

All the fucking feelings, every time.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

'Oh my God, the hammer pulled you off.'
"Buzzard's guts, man! I am the President of the United States of America! Clothed in immense power! You will procure me these votes."
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
Richard's killing it in these threads.

To go completely different, one of the ultimate villain lines of the decade:

"Not quite my tempo."
(11-08-2019, 02:34 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Quotes! Speeches! Monologues! Exchanges! Witty repartee! And more. 

I will start with this deeply creepy moment in which Jake Gyllenhaal leveled up his career with a single speech: 

Quote:"Now I like you, Nina. And I look forward to our time together. But you have to understand, fifteen thousand isn't all that I want. From here on, starting now, I want my work to be credited by the anchors and on a burn. The name of my company is Video Production News, a professional news-gathering service. That's how it should be read and that's how it should be said. I also want to go to the next rung and meet your team, and the station manager, and the director, and the anchors, and start developing my own personal relationships. I'd like to start meeting them this morning. You'll take me around, you'll introduce me as the owner and president of Video Production News, and remind them of some of my many other stories. I'm not done. I also want to stop our discussion over prices. This will save time. So when I say that a particular number is my lowest price, that's my lowest price and you can be assured that I arrived at whatever that number is very carefully. Now, when I say that I want these things, I mean that I want them and I don't want to have to ask again. And the last thing that I want, Nina, is for you to do the things that I ask you to do when we're alone together in your apartment, NOT LIKE THE LAST TIME. So, I'll tell you what. I have the van crash on Moorpark tonight. It was a couple of stringers actually. That could lead by itself on an average night. I'd be willing to throw that in for free. So what do you say, do we have a deal?"

Pretty much anything Gyllenhaal says in Nightcrawler belongs here.

Also:

"It's funny... you were so scary in the dark." POP

"YEEEEAAAAAAH, I'M THINKING I'M BACK!"
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
"Let them fight." -Ken Watanabe

Instanly memeable and truly the reason the Godzilla movies exsist.
From Phantom Thread:

"Kiss me, my girl, before I'm sick."

One of the only times I've truly felt the temperature in the entire theater change on a single line. An incredible moment.
"I heard you struck my son."
"Yes, sir, I did."
"And may I ask why?"
"Yeah, well, because he stole John Wick's car, sir, and killed his dog."
[beat]
"Oh."

The amount of work that pause and "Oh" did in building up John Wick's character cannot be overstated.
My karmic debt must be huge.

----------

My blog: An Embarrassment of Rich's
TDKR has a ton of great lines:

"The shadows betray you, because they belong to me!"

"Do you feel in charge?"

Selina: "I'm not bluffing!"
Batman: "They know. They just don't care."

(The last exchange has always tickled me. It feels incredibly true to the comic book origins. Batman's reply seems like it was ripped right from the page.)

'Dormammu! I've come to bargain.'
"Protecting your reality, douchebag."

"So what happened in there?"
"Drug bust."
THE BALLAD OF BUSTER SCRUGGS

"I believe certainty regarding that which we can see and touch, it is seldom justified, if ever. Down the ages, from our remote past, what certainties survive? And yet we hurry to fashion new ones. Wanting their comfort."
30 ROCK

"Never go with a hippy to a second location."