Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvel's LOKI starring Tom Hiddleston & Sophia Di Martino (Disney+)
The scuttlebutt is that Tom Hiddleston and Sophia Di Martino are sharing the role of Loki. Yes, that's right, it looks like we're getting Lady Loki. Michael Waldron is the showrunner of the limited series to be directed by Kate Herron.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/loki-sophia...202787710/
Tough for me to get excited about the continuing adventures of Characters Who are Dead.

By my count, Disney+ has what, four different series of this very-specific-genre in the works?

Loki is dead the same way Spider-Man was dead in between the time Infinity War and Far from Home came out.
No, he's dead except in that alternate timeline.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(11-20-2019, 04:15 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Loki is dead the same way Spider-Man was dead in between the time Infinity War and Far from Home came out.

Uhhhhhhh.......not at all?

"Our" Loki is dead-dead.  His neck was snapped and he is gone. We now have some reboot Loki from an earlier era who exists in an alt-timeline.

Is Tom Hiddleston hard up for work or was the payday simply too big to pass up? I thought he was done with Loki.
Man, no one can ever let anything go.
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
(11-20-2019, 04:25 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Is Tom Hiddleston hard up for work or was the payday simply too big to pass up?  I thought he was done with Loki.

I don't blame him for taking it. I'm sure he has a fair amount of decent offers, but this is easy money with a character he, from all appearances, really likes.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
(11-20-2019, 04:24 PM)Overlord Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 04:15 PM)atomtastic Wrote: Loki is dead the same way Spider-Man was dead in between the time Infinity War and Far from Home came out.

"Our" Loki is dead-dead.  His neck was snapped and he is gone. We now have some reboot Loki from an earlier era who exists in an alt-timeline.
Nah, he had like a Loki illusion or something. This guy is always up to tricks.
(11-20-2019, 04:40 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 04:25 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Is Tom Hiddleston hard up for work or was the payday simply too big to pass up?  I thought he was done with Loki.

I don't blame him for taking it. I'm sure he has a fair amount of decent offers, but this is easy money with a character he, from all appearances, really likes.

I thought I read that he was looking forward to being done done DONE with Loki.  I don't blame him either, though...playing Loki in this series will probably set him up financially for the rest of his life even he never plays another part.
(11-20-2019, 04:45 PM)atomtastic Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 04:24 PM)Overlord Wrote:

"Our" Loki is dead-dead.  His neck was snapped and he is gone.  We now have some reboot Loki from an earlier era who exists in an alt-timeline.
Nah, he had like a Loki illusion or something. This guy is always up to tricks.

Russo Bros. confirmed that "Loki Prime" died at the hands of Thanos: https://www.forbes.com/sites/anharkarim/...d4ecd73803

(11-20-2019, 04:53 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:
(11-20-2019, 04:40 PM)MichaelM Wrote:

I thought I read that he was looking forward to being done done DONE with Loki.  I don't blame him either, though...playing Loki in this series will probably set him up financially for the rest of his life even he never plays another part.

It's a business and acting is his job.  I'm sure the offers on his plate along with whatever Disney was willing to pay him factored in quite heavily.  That along with the less than stellar reception some of his other roles have garnered.

I would wager that the number of actors who regret turning down ongoing lucrative roles is probably a lot longer than the list of actors who regret taking the money.

I honestly expected him to take off after THE NIGHT MANAGER was well received and earned good ratings. I also wonder if he's received word that he's out of the running for James Bond...that could prompt him to take the payday.
Apart from Loki he takes almost nothing but smaller roles in indies and on TV. This'll allow him to do whatever the fuck he wants.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Ya ain't keepin' the lights on playing Hank Williams, that's for damn sure.
I think he put a lot of chips into getting Bond and took it pretty hard when Craig decided to come back.

But that's just baseless speculation!
(11-20-2019, 05:33 PM)atomtastic Wrote: I think he put a lot of chips into getting Bond and took it pretty hard when Craig decided to come back.

But that's just baseless speculation!

Running the math, at this point he'd be 42-43 by the time the next Bond went into production and 43-44 when it hits theaters.  

He was already pushing it in terms of age last year ... I think the Bond ship has well and truly sailed at this point.

Share a role with some rando and get a new beach house? Ez