Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the director of the decade?
(12-03-2019, 09:09 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(12-03-2019, 09:04 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: I don't understand how the whole draft thing works

I've had it explained to me multiple times and I still can't make heads or tails of it.

You guys are doing a bit, right?
I just don't understand why people do them.
I get that.
Not a bit. The whole drafts/knockout protocol in these parts confuses the living fuck out of me.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I get how drafts work, I just don't get how one gets movies to play sports against each other.
Oh come on, Buch. Like you're not competitive when you pit your opinions against others!
Only because my opinions are the GOAT opinions and their status as such must be defended.
(12-03-2019, 11:53 AM)MichaelM Wrote: I'm really hard to please when it comes to horror movies, keep in mind.

I thought 2018's OVERLORD was easily the best horror film in years. Excellent cast. Real stakes. Real tension. Executed with confidence.

Overlord is mostly fun, but it's also a huge waste of potential too. It works best when it's just pulling stuff from Inglourious Basterds in the first half, but when it goes for its Titty Twister twist it's just all so lacking. There's too few zombies, it never develops the mad scientist character but despite this bring him back at the end like he fucking matters, the lab scene isn't weird enough, and the final fight between the two now super powered guys isn't half as good as it should have been. (Dead Snow 2 does that fight far better) The whole thing is this pulpy comic book WW2 movie, but when it gets time for the monster movie part it's like it doesn't know what to do with itself and weirdly doesn't embrace the pulp comic book horror roots it was once pulling from.

Also the lead is the most boring one of the bunch. The movie should have had followed Wyatt Russell and it's Shosanna character, and not killed Bokeem Woodbine off right at the start.

It was nice to see a studio actually put some money into a big horror film though.

Out of just recent horror movies this decade, just going back a few years before 2015, I thought these were all better:

Doctor Sleep
Crawl
Raw
Mandy
Revenge
I Am a Hero
Train to Busan
Don't Breathe
Green Room
Suspiria 
The Eyes of My Mother
The Wailing
Alien: Covenant
Terrifier
Split
The Shallows
Happy Death Day  
Summer of 84  
Don't Breathe
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
10 Cloverfield Lane
Upgrade
Apostle
47 Meters Down
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Hush
The House That Jack Built
Gantz: O
(12-04-2019, 04:23 AM)simbob Wrote: Overlord is mostly fun, but it's also a huge waste of potential too.

HEY NOW!?!?!!?!?!?