Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Gift Exchange Swag Brag
What'd you get? Post pics here!
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Looks like I get to go first! Today I had a surprise package from Amazon waiting on my front porch....two books from boone!

I've never heard of either one but they both sound like they'll be great books to dig into over the holidays.

Thank you, boone, for taking the time and thought to send these. I love that these aren't something I'd pick out for myself - discovering these will be fun. (Plus I now know where your avatar name originates from!)

Attached Files Image(s)

"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I swear that me sending you a Boone Daniels book was wholly unintentional.
home taping is killing music
(12-10-2019, 09:23 PM)boone daniels Wrote: I swear that me sending you a Boone Daniels book was wholly unintentional.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

MichaelM responded to my Peak TV deficiency with a vengeance! Very curious about that mix CD. And I'm totally wearing that shirt on my next day off.

Attached Files Image(s)

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
The book was based on your saying you're into nonfiction. It's not a sensationalist account - it's actually both a riveting story and a blatant morality tale about the long term and immediate consequences of shredding the environment to make more money.

I almost ordered on of the shirts for myself!

(12-10-2019, 06:28 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Looks like I get to go first! Today I had a surprise package from Amazon waiting on my front porch....two books from boone!

I've never heard of either one but they both sound like they'll be great books to dig into over the holidays.

Thank you, boone, for taking the time and thought to send these. I love that these aren't something I'd pick out for myself - discovering these will be fun. (Plus I now know where your avatar name originates from!)

DAWN PATROL is an amazing, fun as hell novel.  You'll love the hell out of that one.
Well bought Michael M. Fantastic shows. I damn near bought the same book for Bendrix's gift, which reminds me.

Bendrix! Be on the lookout! Packages are on their way.
"Wilford Brimley can't be bothered to accept praise. He doesn't act because he thinks people will enjoy his work. He acts because it's his goddamned job." --Will Harris, AV Club
Wink 

bendrix, you mad genius.  I know the name Dan Chaon because my sister keeps talking him up to me (she's the avid reader in the family), so this nudge will push me to read his work.  As for Mandy: bless your twisted little heart.  Thank you so very, very much!
Giving money to the studio that keeps enabling Adam Sandler is morally equivalent to Satanic kitten rape orgies. - Hypnotoad
I had trouble sleeping after Ill Will. And the first short story in Stay Awake kept me awake during a long car ride. Enjoy!
BAM! Hammerhead with the kick-ass gifts!  The Godzilla Showa Era Criterion Collection!  And an awesome bottle of Godzilla themed super hot sauce on the side. Came as a sweet, giant coffee table book with a sleeve in the back with the 8 discs. Hot damn this is cool!

Will post pics this weekend. Thank you very much!
If you're happy, you're not paying attention.

Originally Posted by JacknifeJohnny: 
Glad that you guys worked that out amongst yourselves.

Success! The hot sauce (at least its label design) comes from a couple of talented friends of mine. I do not profit by inviting you to check out their other wares at http://maniyackmonsters.com/ .
Had the hot sauce on a steak sandwich tonight! Was good - I love a good habanero sauce. Haven't had the time to break out one of the discs yet though.

Pics!

Dammit, Neil!

DAMN IT, MICHAEL! How the hell do you upload photos? The only option I seem to have is posting links to photos, not actually uploading.

- Neil the Neo-Luddite

You gotta use the "New Reply" option.

Then, next to the "New Attachment" option at the bottom left of the reply dialogue box, click on "Choose File."

Choose your file.

Then click on "Add Attachment" at the bottom right of the dialogue box.

This version of the boards seems to have a bug that your attachment won't show up even after you attach it; you can try the the Preview Post option, but usually I just hit Post Reply.

Attached Files Image(s)

Mr. Spurn came to play!

I got a really wonderful cocktail glass set with coasters all emblazoned with various octopi and squid, which is so perfect. Great stuff!
Heard a knock at the door this afternoon. Who could it be? Saint Nick de Nunziata!

And he brought a great gift. I have never manage to buy a Mondo poster despite several attempts. So this art book is fantastic.

Be right back with pictures.

"Wilford Brimley can't be bothered to accept praise. He doesn't act because he thinks people will enjoy his work. He acts because it's his goddamned job." --Will Harris, AV Club
MyTyres was very generous with his gifts and beyond patient with my reply. He tailored all of the gifts to the interests I listed and included a thoughtful note with each one. Reading the notes was just as cool as the gifts themselves.

— Red Rising (litworthy genre read)
— Gentleman in Moscow (little did he know my fiancée loved it so I’m looking forward to this one especially)
— Handwarmers (It’s cold here)
— Another book, not pictured, called The White Tiger, which he says is one of his favorites.

I now have a small library waiting for me to devour once I return home after the holidays. Thanks so much, MrTyres!

Attached Files Image(s)

I've been a little scarce here the last week or so, very busy at work pre-Holidays.  Now I'm off until the new year and currently at my in-laws in rural southern Virginia (Neil Kryptonite for a life-long NYCer like myself), but at least have a moment to breathe.  Here goes!

We'll see how this works with my in-laws terrible internet connection.

Nope! Posting pics didn't work.

DAMN IT, MICHAEL!!!

Yeah, the board image posting is borked for me at the moment. I am not sure why.
I blame Neil.

DONT YOU BAIT ME

Anyway, here are representations of what Spurn got:

Dammit, Neil!

(Nice job, hammerhead!)

I realized in the chaos that was the end of 2019, I forgot to thank Derek for his gift! I haven't had a chance to watch these yet, but as someone that does really enjoy a kind of gritty/ridiculous b-grade horror, I'm excited to. I remember when WILLARD was all the rage here on the boards (well, the old boards). Thanks again, man! 

[Image: E5uLVhf.jpg]
home taping is killing music
Thanks again, Hammer! I still haven't been successful posting pics, sorry.

Dammit, Neil!