Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Outsider
I was freaking out someone was going to pop up behind Holly in the hotel room at the end.

The little girls warning was creepy as hell
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
I have to assume that was a lot of table setting. After two episodes that moved and got shit down, the pace slowed way the hell down for tonight.

I'm having a real problem with the lensing. The extremely shallow depth of field being used just bugs the shit out of me. All the shots with NOTHING in focus for long seconds irritates me.

For instance: when the "mall" security cop pulled behind in Gibney, he remained fuzzy for what seemed a long while, despite him interacting with her. It's a valid artistic choice, forcing our focus, but I'm not a fan of how extensively and seemingly arbitrarily they're using it.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Holly Gibney feels very much like a Stephen King creation, but in a good way. Erivo’s bringing an interesting energy to the role, and it’s fun to see a character like that pushing up against Mendelsohn, who is utterly grounded.

I'm liking the strands of the mystery that are being spun out so far.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
(01-20-2020, 01:15 AM)Belloq87 Wrote: Holly Gibney feels very much like a Stephen King creation, but in a good way. Erivo’s bringing an interesting energy to the role, and it’s fun to see a character like that pushing up against Mendelsohn, who is utterly grounded.
Did you see the Mr. Mercedes show?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
No! Similar thing going on there?
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
(01-20-2020, 02:12 AM)Belloq87 Wrote: No! Similar thing going on there?

Well that character is also featured but played by a different actress. I haven't watched any of The Outsider yet and I won't until it's finished and I can marathon it but I was just curious how the two played it differently.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I know I'm griping, but yes, Erivo is excellent in the role. Not a big surprise - she's been memorable every time I've seen her - but she's injecting a needed different energy/vibe into the show.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

(01-20-2020, 08:44 AM)MichaelM Wrote: I know I'm griping, but yes, Erivo is excellent in the role. Not a big surprise - she's been memorable every time I've seen her - but she's injecting a needed different energy/vibe into the show.

So im guessing her version is a bit less...fragile? Awkward?
Can't speak to the fragile but she's hella awkward.

Ahh good.