Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MORBIUS (2020)

Mainly just posting this for the end.
This will only be worth it if it eventually leads to a Spidy-Venom buddy cop movie.
Morbius gonna party like it's 1996!
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Huh. I didn't realize that this was going to directly connected to the MCU.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

If this film doesn't segue into a new Blade movie, I'm gonna be bummed.
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
Well that's not fair. They did the one "hey, look at this cameo!" surprise that would make me want to see a Jared Leto Morbius movie.
Insert joke about Leto going from playing Joker to playing Batman.

It looks...ok? I don't feel a pressing need to see this (I avoided VENOM as well) but it doesn't look like a catastrophe. That said, the only thing that really went through my head while watching this is 'we've crossed the market saturation point for superhero movies.'
(01-13-2020, 02:02 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: Insert joke about Leto going from playing Joker to playing Batman.

It looks...ok?  I don't feel a pressing need to see this (I avoided VENOM as well) but it doesn't look like a catastrophe.  That said, the only thing that really went through my head while watching this is 'we've crossed the market saturation point for superhero movies.'

You should probably go see Venom
"Why did she do it?"

NGL: most of the trailer had me go from chuckling to nearly howling...

...until the last shot of him in full Morbius mode. I'm such an easy lay.

Also: echoing the Venom love. JB, see it. It's pretty bonkers.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

I eventually did see VENOM. I didn't hate it but I didn't really care for it either. I certainly never want or need to see it again.
I can't remember if I saw VENOM.
(01-13-2020, 01:58 PM)ska oreo Wrote: Huh.  I didn't realize that this was going to directly connected to the MCU.

I think it will be like how it was with the Marvel Netflix TV series, where the shows will acknowledge the MCU while the MCU never references anything from Netflix.
If ever there were a perfect trailer to bring back "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor," this was it.

My interest in this was negligible, but that last reveal got me.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
(01-13-2020, 02:05 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 01:58 PM)ska oreo Wrote: Huh.  I didn't realize that this was going to directly connected to the MCU.

I think it will be like how it was with the Marvel Netflix TV series, where the shows will acknowledge the MCU while the MCU never references anything from Netflix.

Though having that poster of Spiderman with Murderer scribbled on it, makes it feel a little more connected than the netflix shows were.

Basically not vague mentions of "REMEMBER THAT TIME IN NEW YORK?"
"Why did she do it?"

(01-13-2020, 02:07 PM)ska oreo Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 02:05 PM)mr. stockslivevan Wrote:

Though having that poster of Spiderman with Murderer scribbled on it, makes it feel a little more connected than the netflix shows were.

Basically not vague mentions of "REMEMBER THAT TIME IN NEW YORK?"

I think they can just use anything that was under a Sony production, which would be HOMECOMING, VENOM, and FAR FROM HOME. Basically all the Spider-Man properties that Sony owns. But if you're looking for a Nick Fury cameo, that's a no-go.
Looks just like Venom but instead of a very funny performance from Tom Hardy there's a very irritating performance from Jared Leto.
I didn't know it was possible to make Fur Elise sound creepy.

Looks like fun.

This looks like it came out in 2003. Keaton going to be the Nick Fury of these things I guess.

Too cool for Velcro but not cool enough to tie your shoes
(01-13-2020, 02:55 PM)Munson Wrote: This looks like it came out in 2003. 

So, circa Spider-Man 2, Unbreakable, Sky High, or the original Hellboy(s)?

Sign me up.

(01-13-2020, 02:55 PM)Munson Wrote: This looks like it came out in 2003 1997

FIFY

(01-13-2020, 03:02 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 02:55 PM)Munson Wrote: This looks like it came out in 2003 1997

FIFY

So circa Steel, Spawn and Batman and Robin?

Sign me-- wait.
Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
I think we could all use a little more SPAWN.
Daredevil came out in 2003 too, weird how that didn’t get a shout out

I couldn’t see shit hence my 2003 Tony Scott esque critique. As superhero movie fans we can only pray for quality, let us join hands
MEHBIOUS
Git' in under mah belly!
Does anyone like Jared Leto? Not just here, but in the world at large?
I don't hate him. He was legitimately excellent in DALLAS BUYER'S CLUB and I've seen him in a few other things where he was decent (PANIC ROOM and AMERICAN PSYCHO come to mind). When he's bad, he's really bad, though.
Not a big DBC fan, but I do really like PANIC ROOM.
Leto is that friend of your older brother that you just hate seeing in the living room.
(01-13-2020, 03:16 PM)Munson Wrote: Daredevil came out in 2003 too, weird how that didn’t get a shout out

I couldn’t see shit hence my 2003 Tony Scott esque critique. As superhero movie fans we can only pray for quality, let us join hands

Daredevil directors cut is well worth visiting.

(01-13-2020, 03:24 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: I don't hate him.  He was legitimately excellent in DALLAS BUYER'S CLUB and I've seen him in a few other things where he was decent (PANIC ROOM and AMERICAN PSYCHO come to mind).  When he's bad, he's really bad, though.

He's been good to fine in lots of stuff, though he's had some super-annoying roles, as well.

He's very visible with his eccentricities, which I totally understand rubs people the wrong way, but he at least seems like a conscientious and charitable person in his personal life.

(01-13-2020, 03:30 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Leto is that friend of your older brother that stashes weed and Playboy.

Fixed.

And he makes you listen to his sweet band that really just sucks and their signature is a mediocre cover of "Silent Lucidity."
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
I have a weird affection for him, just because he's so dedicated to his craft and it seems like his being a weirdo is genuine, not affected.

Also, count me in as enjoying Venom. It's dumb, I might not watch it for 10-20 years again, but it's my kind of derpity-derp.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Was not expecting that cameo at the end.

Color me intrigued.
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
Just wait, in a few years he's gonna Jim Jones all his 30 Seconds To Mars fans.