Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (2020) Discussion
This played in front of UNCUT GEMS and was one of two trailers that made me sit up in my seat and go "Well, I've got to see that immediately." (The other was the very creepy looking Saint Maud). 

home taping is killing music
For every view this trailer gets, a tear drops out of an incel.
I saw this as well and didn't realize until later that that's Carey Mulligan. I don't think I've seen her since INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS (I assume she's been raising a family with Mumford?)
I've never been a fan of Carey Mulligan, but seeing her in Vendetta Mode? I'm sold.
Mulligan had a couple of very well-regarded turns in the past few years in independent films, like Dee Rees' MUDBOUND. She was in Paul Dano's directorial debut WILDLIFE in 2018 and got some really good reviews of her performance in it, particularly as a "difficult" character. It does feel like this is being positioned, in part, as her "comeback" role.
home taping is killing music
yeah, this was the trailer that stood out to me before UNCUT GEMS as well

kinda makes me think of Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

I hope it's good
(01-13-2020, 05:14 PM)boone daniels Wrote: Mulligan had a couple of very well-regarded turns in the past few years in independent films, like Dee Rees' MUDBOUND. She was in Paul Dano's directorial debut WILDLIFE in 2018 and got some really good reviews of her performance in it, particularly as a "difficult" character. It does feel like this is being positioned, in part, as her "comeback" role.
Interesting, I missed both of those.

I think the last thing of hers I saw was her work as the voice of the mannequin on THE SPOILS OF BABYLON.
This is becoming the new trailer that I see in front of every movie. I love how it always drains all the oxygen out of the auditorium.
beeeeeautiful!