Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Physical Media: What's Left On Your Wishlist
I feel like it's the total opposite and we're getting way less obscure shit than the DVD days...which makes since, since the home market died when the studios let Blockbuster die. I guess the nice thing about the home market being in such a shit state is that's probably why the 4K Ultra HD format isn't region locked.

There's a Kiei Chih-Hung movie called Hex I've been wanting to see. As far as I know it's only on DVD, and the DVD isn't even my region.

I want Kill Bill The Whole Bloody Affair. Like the real one Tarantino was talking about when he actually brought it up, where the two movies are edited together like the script. He said something a few years ago now about the anime company that did the animation actually made a new part for the movie. Then again I'm kind of surprised by this point we haven't even gotten the Japanese version of Kill Bill.

I'd like a clean version of the uncensored Fist of the North Star '86 anime movie. I've seen the movie with the scenes put back in, but they're from an old Italian VHS and not as clean looking as the rest of the film.

(02-08-2020, 12:13 PM)Belloq87 Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 08:13 AM)MichaelM Wrote: Absolute YES to DRAGONSLAYER. I really can't believe we don't have this on blu.

I'm sure it being a Disney/Paramount co-production has something to do with it.

It's been on Netflix a couple times so I wouldn't think that's the issue.  My guess is neither care enough to release on.

Looking, it seems it's on sale digitally. But for whatever reason they haven't put out a new physical release since the DVD.
(02-15-2020, 02:20 AM)simbob Wrote: It's been on Netflix a couple times so I wouldn't think that's the issue.  My guess is neither care enough

Very likely. I'd like to see them license it out to a boutique label like Scream/Shout Factory.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.