Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solar Opposites - Hulu, Justin Roiland
From Justin Roiland, the co-creator of Rick and Morty, comes a series about a family of aliens trying to fit in on this human-infested crap-hole of a planet called Earth. Solar Opposites lands May 8, only on Hulu.

I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
At a glance, it seems like this could just be RICK AND MORTY episodes. Seems to be the exact same voices, house, school, etc.
Crossover episodes?
I used to be with "it", but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't "it", and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.   -Grandpa Simpson
The obvious has already been stated about it's not-originalness, but I have Hulu so I will definitely watch the day it hits. Hope it's good!
First 2 were very funny, but more of an American Dad style funny. Adjust your expectations accordingly.

Third episodes got even more laughs out of me. Rapid fire ridiculousity means even if only half the jokes stick, that's enough.
I'm about four episodes in and I like the show a lot so far, but my only bugaboo is why are humans letting the aliens inflict chaos on Earth without any repercussions? Why isn't the government all over them? Especially since one of the aliens is literally kidnapping and murdering humans? Stuff like 3rd Rock and Invader Zim works really well because the aliens disguise themselves, which creates a little more plausibility in addition to higher stakes. In Zim's case, he wanted to make humans suffer kind of like the boy alien on this show, but Zim was hilariously inept at doing so no one really cared if he was alien or not outside of Dib - this character, not so much.

In one of the episodes, a cop makes a statement about all the chaos that is ridiculously clueless, so human stupidity could be a wildly funny explanation for that, but I think they need to play that up a bit more. Maybe I'm overthinking it, but I want more backstory as to how humans reacted when the aliens first arrived.
5th episode was pretty damn funny. "When you think about, it all school subjects are rap music." Then the Math textbook getting shot by the Dumb Ray, cheap but satisfying.
Watched the pilot and, other than the frequent F bombs, this totally could fit right in with Bob's Burgers or Family guy. I thought it was fine.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"