Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE (HBO MAX) (2021)
They're doing it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v...ng-1295102
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
"...and Christopher Plummer as The Flash"
Crazy ass world we live in.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mpfnh4U5qb1r8t81wo1_500.gif]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-21441-1424712363-5.gif?d...ality=auto]

[Image: LYDh.gif]
Streaming's changed everything. Want your favourite show brought back? Want that bad movie re-edited or even reshot? It can actually happen now!
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
So this means it's gonna be eligible for the 2022 Oscars, right?
home taping is killing music
This is wild.

Good point in the article that now is the time to do this. The FX houses are indeed probably looking for work, and having them work on a project like this where the footage has been shot is ideal.
What I'm really wondering is how they'll do this without reshoots. That THR story makes it clear principle photography was done but the film was far from finished...and any of these tentpole films invariably require reshoots to patch hole, smooth over scenes, etc.

Because about everything else can be fixed or joined. But I don't see Affleck getting back into the Batsuit again or willingly becoming Bruce Wayne again.

All that said, I'm pretty excited.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
As a great man once said, "YAYUHHH!"

My expectations for the final product are low, but this is pretty cool.
I was in a horror-comedy called BLACK HOLLER. It's now on Prime Video. Check it out!
I'll probably never watch this or at the very least watch it in the background, but I'm honestly so happy for these weirdos.

#BullyMoreStudios2020
(05-20-2020, 03:06 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Because about everything else can be fixed or joined. But I don't see Affleck getting back into the Batsuit again or willingly becoming Bruce Wayne again.

apparently Ben retweeted #releasethesnydercut as well.  Maybe he'd be game to do some pickup shots if that's all that's needed from him
I don't have much confidence the final product will be good (I have deep, fundamental problems with the way Snyder -- post MAN OF STEEL -- appears to see Superman as a tormented, depressed figure only one step away from becoming a villain), but I'm genuinely excited to see what a closer approximation of his intentions will look like.

Reminds me of the Richard Donner situation with SUPERMAN II in terms of an oft-speculated-about cut finally coming together with guidance from the original filmmaker.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
OK, what do we need to do to get Disney to release the Lord/Miller cut of SOLO?
Snyder is a weirdo but I love his bizarro movies and I'm glad he gets this win. He's had a rough few years, and it looked kind of dire with his only prospect being a Netflix zombie film.

Of course, yet again I find the WB's decision to stake everything on Snyder's sensibilities to be baffling. But either way, I win!

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."

(05-20-2020, 03:06 PM)MichaelM Wrote: What I'm really wondering is how they'll do this without reshoots. That THR story makes it clear principle photography was done but the film was far from finished...and any of these tentpole films invariably require reshoots to patch hole, smooth over scenes, etc.

Because about everything else can be fixed or joined. But I don't see Affleck getting back into the Batsuit again or willingly becoming Bruce Wayne again.

All that said, I'm pretty excited.

I can see everyone shooting a scene or two to help out but that'd depend on whether to not they need to get in shape. There'll probably be a lot of dialogue shouted from offscreen.
This is the start of Affleck Act 3.
(05-20-2020, 03:06 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Because about everything else can be fixed or joined. But I don't see Affleck getting back into the Batsuit again or willingly becoming Bruce Wayne again.

Why?

(05-20-2020, 03:09 PM)Judas Booth Wrote: OK, what do we need to do to get Disney to release the Lord/Miller cut of SOLO?

Every single executive in charge of Lucasfilm replaced with people who want to release the Lord/Miller cut of Solo.

(05-20-2020, 03:11 PM)atomtastic Wrote: This is the start of Affleck Act 3.

Honestly, it'd be something if helping out with this brought him back to the role, at least as far as the current Snyderverse version of the character goes.
I don't think Lord/Miller even finished shooting let alone cut the film.
Haha, just imagine if Affleck does actually do reshoots at the same time Pattinson is filming The Batman.

The question is, canonically, do any future DCEU movies follow this or Whedon's version? Aquaman has a throwaway comment mentioning Justice League, but it's so vague it could be referring to either.

AT LONG LAST

Ahhhhhh
(05-20-2020, 03:00 PM)Evi Wrote: Streaming's changed everything. Want your favourite show brought back? Want that bad movie re-edited or even reshot? It can actually happen now!

Hey CATS had a patch a week into its theatrical run--ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!

I guess we'll see what happens, but I guess I'm legit interested to see if the Snyder Cut can take a movie I dislike and make it....watchable.
"Why did she do it?"
"Why are you the fucking Police?"

(05-20-2020, 02:51 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: They're doing it.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v...ng-1295102

Our sanitariums are full of men who think they're Napoleon... Or God.
(05-20-2020, 03:13 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 03:11 PM)atomtastic Wrote: This is the start of Affleck Act 3.

Honestly, it'd be something if helping out with this brought him back to the role, at least as far as the current Snyderverse version of the character goes.
Act 1: Affleck on top of the world, wins an Oscar, works with Fincher, plays Batman
Act 2: Starts drinking, divorces his wife, goes to rehab, eats too much Jack in the Box
Act 3: The triumphant return, starts dating Ana Der Armas, gets back in shape for Justice League reshoots, WB is so impressed with him they scrap the Pattinson movie all together
(05-20-2020, 03:13 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: The question is, canonically, do any future DCEU movies follow this or Whedon's version? Aquaman has a throwaway comment mentioning Justice League, but it's so vague it could be referring to either.

I'm assuming it won't matter. It'll get, at most, vague references that don't require settling on one version or the other.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

This article doesn't mention reshoots, just recording additional dialogue: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v...anRfvTOOdI

It also mentions bringing back the original postproduction crew to score, so that's Junkie XL, right?

You know there will be at least one Arthur Fleck reference.
home taping is killing music
(05-20-2020, 03:18 PM)MichaelM Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 03:13 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: The question is, canonically, do any future DCEU movies follow this or Whedon's version? Aquaman has a throwaway comment mentioning Justice League, but it's so vague it could be referring to either.

I'm assuming it won't matter. It'll get, at most, vague references that don't require settling on one version or the other.

You would think, but apparently Justice League originally ended with a Green Lantern cameo. Seems like the perfect opportunity to introduce the Green Lantern who will have his own show on, you guessed it, HBOMax.

I think it'll depend upon the response to this Snyder cut once it's actually out there and everyone has seen it.  If the response is overwhelmingly positive and the thing makes money, then there'd probably be an announcement that the Snyder cut of JL is the canonical version of the film and will be used as the basis for all films coming afterwards.

Why wouldn't Affleck be willing to briefly do pick-ups for Justice League?

Since we just had Crisis on Infinite Earths play out canonically in the DC cinematic universe as well, we have a very easy out for any canon inconsistencies.

(05-20-2020, 03:20 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:

I think it'll depend upon the response to this Snyder cut once it's actually out there and everyone has seen it.  If the response is overwhelmingly positive and the thing makes money, then there'd probably be an announcement that the Snyder cut of JL is the canonical version of the film and will be used as the basis for all films coming afterwards.

I'd also guess this is the perfect way to set up a Man of Steel 2.

(05-20-2020, 03:20 PM)Judas Booth Wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. It'll undoubtedly be better but it'll still be that dark Snyder universe that pisses a lot of people off. My guess is it'll just be vague enough to act as a standalone.

(05-20-2020, 03:24 PM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: I'd also guess this is the perfect way to set up a Man of Steel 2.

How would they set it up without reshoots?
Since everything with Superman in the third act looks like reshoots, I'm assuming he's left in a very different status quo in (already existing footage of) the Snyder Cut. But more importantly, it's a "new movie" with Cavill as Superman, which could reignite interest in a Man of Steel 2.

Considering Cavill was on the Man of Steel watch party that announced this, I'd say he's still game.

Cavill's been consistent about wanting to do more films in the role.

(05-20-2020, 03:33 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Cavill's been consistent about wanting to do more films in the role.

I just wish Snyder's take on Superman would be scrubbed away in possible future films with Cavill. That guy deserves a better depiction of Superman to play with than SuperMope.