Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE (HBO MAX) (2021)
Yeah, iirc, the special features disc on one of the releases has a bunch of him throwing shade on set.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
(07-07-2020, 02:49 PM)MichaelM Wrote: Is that after filming ALIENS?

Yup!

It seemed like a clash of different sensibilities. Having to work with a unionized crew, which he never worked with before. Except he had to be a total ass about it all the way to the end.
reports of Cameron's temper/meanness/cruelty don't seem overblown

especially where THE ABYSS is concerned

the ALIENS situation seems like one where he got pissed for having to suffer fools (and a DP that was trying to take over) and a work culture (tea break!) that he wasn't prepared for

it's definitely something Lucas had to learn to work with in making star war
I didn't know tea breaks were a thing. Sounds magnificent!
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
Cameron's telling of it (if I recall) was that they'd be shooting a really complex shot... and right in the middle of it, the lady with the tea cart would come in, and the whole crew would just flat out stop everything they were doing and rush over to it.

"WUDDAFUUUUUUCKKK???"

edit:
https://www.slashfilm.com/how-james-came...of-aliens/
GUARANTEED tea breaks!

Fleming's Bond blamed tea (or as he called it, "mud) for the downfall of the British Empire.
Kevin Smith was told by the vfx supervisor that Joss Whedon frequently badmouthed Snyder on the set. That was probably what Ray Fisher was referring to.
(07-07-2020, 02:58 PM)Nooj Wrote: having to suffer fools (and a DP that was trying to take over)

Wasn't that Star Wars, with Gilbert Taylor trying to tell Lucas how "things are done"?
yea, I think I mixed up the details of similar stories

on ALIENS, it was the AD that was doing things his own way and not delivering what Cameron wanted
(07-07-2020, 03:22 PM)serpico jones Wrote: Kevin Smith was told by the vfx supervisor that Joss Whedon frequently badmouthed Snyder on the set. That was probably what Ray Fisher was referring to.

Fisher said "abusive" and this doesn't fit the bill.
I might have been born yesterday sir, but I stayed up all night!
(07-07-2020, 03:50 PM)Evi Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 03:22 PM)serpico jones Wrote: Kevin Smith was told by the vfx supervisor that Joss Whedon frequently badmouthed Snyder on the set. That was probably what Ray Fisher was referring to.

Yeah Fisher implied something much worse than talking shit. But again implied so we will never know.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
He also said unprofessional which this can be alluding to. Can't blame Whedon for something I would have done
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
I wish I could’ve been a fly on the wall for this set, that’s for sure. Whole thing sounds like a nightmare.
Cameron was/is notoriously hard core about making his movies his way, and not let anyone get in the way of that. But cruel? Cruel would have been refusing to heat the water during Titanic when the actors were freezing half to death. But he did, and then harangued the Vfx guys to put in proper digital steam when the actors spoke. He's not cruel, just very dedicated.
There are weapons in my hands, my hands are weapons.
(07-07-2020, 03:50 PM)Evi Wrote:

Have you been on any Snyder-related subreddits? Bad-mouthing their visionary is akin to abuse.

It can't think twice, can't reason, can't change it's prime directive. It's like a chainsaw set on frappé.
(07-07-2020, 06:22 PM)Jones Wrote: Cameron was/is notoriously hard core about making his movies his way, and not let anyone get in the way of that.  But cruel?  Cruel would have been refusing to heat the water during Titanic when the actors were freezing half to death.  But he did, and then harangued the Vfx guys to put in proper digital steam when the actors spoke.  He's not cruel, just very dedicated.

I dunno

you read about what happened on the production of THE ABYSS and 'cruel' isn't an unreasonable word given the way the actors have very little good things to say about the experience

no question that Cameron is a notoriously strong-willed director who has to have things his way.  sure, the cruelty isn't driven by malice... but I think a good deal of cruelty results from the end-goal being prioritized over everything else
(07-07-2020, 03:26 PM)Nooj Wrote: yea, I think I mixed up the details of similar stories

on ALIENS, it was the AD that was doing things his own way and not delivering what Cameron wanted

On Aliens, Cameron had differences not only with the Assistant Director but also the Director of Photography. Adrian Biddle, who had worked with Ridley Scott, got his first feature DOP credit on Aliens after Dick Bush, the original cinematographer, left due to 'creative differences'. You can see Bush's name on the clapper in some behind-the-scenes footage. Note: Bush, who had a long history working with Blake Edwards, seemed to have a problem with 'strong willed'  directors with a certain vision: William Friedkin fired him during the filming of Sorcerer.., well, I'll leave it to the words of star Roy Scheider, "because Dick wanted to light the fucking jungle,"; and Ken Russell fired him in the 1970s during the making of Tommy.

Sorry for the digression. We now return to our regularly scheduled Snyder Cut discussion.....
TJ Miller was being interviewed on Off Camera and he had an interesting Michael Bay story-Bay knew departments always fight/complain with each other on sets so Bay makes himself the #1 ass hole on set so they all complain about him and not each other.
Does Michael Bay in kind have a story that tries to make TJ Miller look better?

It can't think twice, can't reason, can't change it's prime directive. It's like a chainsaw set on frappé.
thank you for the clarification, zabu!

and anya... I saw Miller's appearance on Bobby Lee's podcast where he talked about that. Was that OFF CAMERA? Yeah, I found that insight into Bay fascinating. Like, I find it both fascinating... and probably half-true, half-BS. hahahah

it actually reminded me of that episode of THE OFFICE where Michael Scott exhibits a 'method to his stupidity' moment that I didn't buy then either.
(07-07-2020, 06:52 PM)Nooj Wrote: and anya... I saw Miller's appearance on Bobby Lee's podcast where he talked about that. Was that OFF CAMERA? Yeah, I found that insight into Bay fascinating. Like, I find it both fascinating... and probably half-true, half-BS. hahahah
it was Bobby Lee's pocast. My bad. I knew it was some sort of sit down and figured it was OC

(07-07-2020, 06:51 PM)mrdrow Wrote: Does Michael Bay in kind have a story that tries to make TJ Miller look better?

does anyone?
Thought Bay and Miller would have a bit of "quid bro quo" going on to deflect each of their many instances of shitbaggery.

(07-08-2020, 12:29 AM)mrdrow Wrote: Thought Bay and Miller would have a bit of "quid bro quo" going on to deflect each of their many instances of shitbaggery.

Has Michael Bay been accused of anything? I know people don't like the way he shoots Megan Fox's ass or whatever but has he ever been accused of actual abuse sexual or otherwise?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
I mean, he made Transformers 2.
That's a solid reason. But I was referring to creepy and chauvinistic bullshit toward his actresses.

(07-08-2020, 07:46 PM)mrdrow Wrote: That's a solid reason. But I was referring to creepy and chauvinistic bullshit toward his actresses.

Sure but im asking what those instances are.
Didn't sign up to be your researcher, so I'm not typing shit out. But these do a decent job of summarizing:

https://www.thecut.com/2016/06/history-o...-jerk.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201...ers-me-too

Oh damn I remember that car wash story.

No luck on that second link.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
(07-07-2020, 06:30 PM)Nooj Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 06:22 PM)Jones Wrote: Cameron was/is notoriously hard core about making his movies his way, and not let anyone get in the way of that.  But cruel?  Cruel would have been refusing to heat the water during Titanic when the actors were freezing half to death.  But he did, and then harangued the Vfx guys to put in proper digital steam when the actors spoke.  He's not cruel, just very dedicated.

I dunno

you read about what happened on the production of THE ABYSS and 'cruel' isn't an unreasonable word given the way the actors have very little good things to say about the experience

no question that Cameron is a notoriously strong-willed director who has to have things his way.  sure, the cruelty isn't driven by malice... but I think a good deal of cruelty results from the end-goal being prioritized over everything else

I remember Camerons Abyss anger was something like "I'm working literally non stop in the water, constantly and endlessly, and the cast gets to sit and read a magazine for hours at a time, and they dare to bitch at me?"

Haha.  Classic Jim.  But seriously the Abyss sounded pretty rough.
(07-08-2020, 10:31 PM)turingmachine75 Wrote: Oh damn I remember that car wash story.

No luck on that second link.

Fixed

(07-08-2020, 07:46 PM)mrdrow Wrote: That's a solid reason. But I was referring to creepy and chauvinistic bullshit toward his actresses.

Like what? You talking about the way he frames shots?

(07-08-2020, 10:24 PM)mrdrow Wrote: Didn't sign up to be your researcher, so I'm not typing shit out. But these do a decent job of summarizing:

https://www.thecut.com/2016/06/history-o...-jerk.html

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201...ers-me-too
No I think you signed up to be a dick maybe? Anyway that car washing story didn't happen.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/202...t2vec1-mab
Seemed like you were asking in bad faith. If I was wrong, then sorry.