Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Flash (2022)
So, this bomb dropped...

https://deadline.com/2020/06/michael-kea...202966393/

So, will this movie happen?
The last DC movie I saw in the theater was MAN OF STEEL. This is one way to get me back. They should just got full on and try to get Kilmer and Clooney, too.
I think Homecoming shows Keaton still has a tremendous - perhaps even better than he did the last time around - understanding of how to play a comic book character.

It seems like a wild, desperate gambit, but it might actually work.

I think if you sign Keaton, then yes, this will almost certainly happen.

It also seems like they're doing the Flashpoint story? With alternate universes? Where Jeffrey Dean Morgan is Thomas Wayne Batman?
home taping is killing music
This movie actually might happen.
Originally Posted by ImmortanNick 

Saw Batman v Superman.
Now I know what it's like to see Nickelback in concert.

That's my review.
I should really just do a weekly power ranking of how likely movies are to happen or not.
home taping is killing music
I'm only interested (and I'd be VERY interested) if Keaton is playing an older Burtonverse Bruce Wayne.

Bring him back to obviously cash-in on that nostalgia but without actually being the same character feels way too gimmicky to me.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Keaton returns are murderous Batman, yes!
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
What if they de-age him, so he looks approximately like he did when we left him at the end of "Batman Returns??"
(06-22-2020, 04:38 PM)bradito Wrote: What if they de-age him, so he looks approximately like he did when we left him at the end of "Batman Returns??"

As long as he kills another clown I don't care how old he is.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
Calling it now: Keaton is going to be Thomas Wayne in Flashpoint.

Didn't they announce Jeffrey Dean Morgan is coming back as Thomas Wayne? If they're doing multiverse stuff it doesn't mean Keaton couldn't be Thomas Wayne too, but at some point you're complicating things for the sake of complicating things.
Ezra Miller already met the tv Flash in their Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover. They're going to multiverse the shit out of this.

Why get Keaton back if he's not going to be playing Batman? Seems like wasting your resources.
(06-22-2020, 04:17 PM)Belloq87 Wrote: I'm only interested (and I'd be VERY interested) if Keaton is playing an older Burtonverse Bruce Wayne.

Bring him back to obviously cash-in on that nostalgia but without actually being the same character feels way too gimmicky to me.

That's got to be what they're doing if they're doing it. Guessing that's the whole reason they had movie Flash show up in the tv show. Plain for the movie has probably always been some multiverse thing.
When the most exciting thing about your FLASH movie is the elaborate cameos you have planned...

Weird they are going with Flashpoint since you kind of need to have a relationship with characters to give a shit about their alternate reality counter parts but w/e. Keaton as Thomas Wayne would be kind of awful unless he grows a foot and gets yoked to the gills.
The article doesn't say anything about him playing Thomas Wayne. It says he's in talks to return to his Batman role as a Nick Fury type figure, and that it reportedly picks up his storyline after Batman Returns.
People in thread speculating me just pooping on said speculation thanks for coming to my TEDX talk
If they are truly in "Awww, fuck it!" mode, go ahead and finally do it.

Nic Cage. Superman.

The real ending to Big...
I'd watch this regardless. I thought Ezra Miller was the one who did the heavy comedic lifting in Justice League. I like this iteration of this character.
This is a very very very good idea for a gimmick angle in a Flashpoint movie. Would he be Thomas Wayne murder man in the universe reboot story or Batman?
The Deadline article literally says the storyline is picking up after Batman Returns. It very much sounds like if they get him he'll be playing Burton Batman. It also sounds like it might not happen, but they are in talks about it.

If it is a pretty straight adaptation of Flashpoint (and The Flash show did the big twist end to Flashpoint in like the second season) it's going to be different from the comic if Batman is the one putting the team together, (the article says he's in a Nick Fury like role putting a team together) since in the comic that's Cyborg, and Batman is the guy that won't join. Although it could also be Burton Batman recruiting heroes from different universes, since doing Burton Batman sounds like they're playing with alt universes instead of a timeline change, and that sounds more like Crisis on Infinite Earths or Marvel's Paradise X than it does Flashpoint. 

This almost sounds like a setup to do the opposite thing the Flashpoint comic did. Which is instead of saying everything takes place in this one DCEU, that they can have a bunch of different universes that do different things. The article says this won't affect the upcoming The Batman movie, but they're also wanting Keaton to play his Burton Batman in a Batgirl movie.
(06-24-2020, 11:24 AM)filmnerdjamie Wrote: If they are truly in "Awww, fuck it!" mode, go ahead and finally do it.

Nic Cage. Superman.

I posted this on Facebook yesterday, but Kevin Smith's 1997 draft of Superman Lives has a Batman cameo (Batman does the eulogy at Superman's funeral on a giant monitor). I remember at the time, post-Batman & Robin, that Keaton was rumored to reprise the role.

Point being, if this Flash movie has him traveling to the BurtonVerse, let Cage be Superman. He already voiced him in Teen Titans Go! to the Movies.
"I'd rather have hope...than nothing at all."
-Illyana Rasputin, X-Men: Omega #1

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."
-Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

Twitter: @BartLBishop
I assumed Burtonverse's Superman was Reeves.
Well sure! But Reeve isn't alive to have a cameo. I also flip flop on whether I'd like George Reeves's Superman or Christopher Reeve's Superman to be a contemporary with Adam West's Batman. The recent Batman '66/Wonder Woman '77 crossover has the lines blurring on what times sync up better.

Also also, a glimpse into the BartMind. I consider Routh's Superman to exist in the same universe as The Dark Knight trilogy (hush, MichaelM!).

"But the public, knowing what it wanted, spinning happily, let the comic books survive."

(06-25-2020, 08:30 AM)bartleby_scriven Wrote: Also also, a glimpse into the BartMind. I consider Routh's Superman to exist in the same universe as The Dark Knight trilogy (hush, MichaelM!).

Sure, since Routh's version was seen between BEGINS and TDK. I don't have a big problem with that. Especially since they'll never share the screen together as those characters.

(Didn't SUPERDUDE RETURNS have a throwaway line about Gotham?)
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
It does, indeed.

So I'm torn. Do I want Keaton's Batman paired up with his complete opposite (Reeve) or another weirdo (Cage)?

Routh's Supes IS the Reeve/Donnerverse Supes.

So... whatever.

The real ending to Big...
Routh's Superman is Reeve's Superman in the same way Pierce Brosnan is Connery's Bond.

They've seemingly experienced the same events, but in different contexts. SR isn't trying to recreate 1978, it very clearly takes place in 2006 (cellphones, flatscreen TVs, etc.).

But he's cast to look just like him, he acts like him, he has a child with Lois as if in continuity with Superman 2.

Connery Bond and Moore Bond are functionally two different men.
This is a strange argument.

Are you guys arguing that Superman Returns takes place in 1983? Or that desktop computers with flatscreen monitors existed in 1978?

Routh is Reeve only if you accept a sliding timeline, much like Bond from Connery to Brosnan.

This shouldn't be a big deal, considering the only way to even accept Routh as Reeve is if you pick and choose continuity (not only the five-year-old son, but Martha Kent is dead in Superman IV and Returns flatout contradicts that).

It's not a strange argument. Routh is very clearly supposed to be the same character from Superman 1 and 2, but the timeline and technology was merely slid and fudged a bit.

That was Singers obvious intent and he absolutely picked and choose details. Are you denying that's who Returns Superman is supposed to be?
To quote myself, "They've seemingly experienced the same events, but in different contexts."

Picking and choosing continuity, but they are largely the same person.

It's not Roger Moore and Connery.
Pretty sure the terrible awful tv shows have Routh as Superman in shitty 90s Flash universe or some garbage
You basically gotta choose between this:

[Image: 04e2edd1ed7ad80b68de83715a42b3b6.jpg]

Or this:

[Image: C7r6B41XkAEObxw.jpg]

It's the Wonder Woman overlap that really throws things off.

Lynda Carter. GodDAMN.

Anyway: I always saw Superman Returns is clearly intended as a direct sequel to the Donner/Lester films, but does the weird, handwaved time jump.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear