Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE QT QUESTION: Talkin' Tarantino
With Fight Club and Panic Room, please explore the theme of wrecking Jared Leto.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Arjen, take note of our volunteer for PANIC ROOM.
NO WAIT!!!
You'll get FIGHT CLUB and

YOU.

WILL.

LIKE.

IT.
(melts like snowflake)
I love PANIC ROOM. Am I inadvertently volunteering for something?

(I love THE GAME even more, FYI)
when you talk about THE GAME, you gotta talk about Fincher basically saying he regrets making it!

but will anyone talk about Benjamin Button????
(01-09-2021, 03:38 AM)Nooj Wrote: when you talk about THE GAME, you gotta talk about Fincher basically saying he regrets making it!

BAH! My brain is 180 degrees from David Fincher's. I think THE GAME is great!

My wife loves Fincher's FORREST GUMP. So, if you want my wife to say "I dunno, I liked it" over and over, you are in luck, Good Sirs!
I love THE GAME too!

I also love Spider-Man 3 even though Raimi has expressed regrets for his failures on it

DIRECTORS! BRING ME YOUR RED-HEADED STEPCHILDREN!!!
Fincher being next is giving me a reason to finally watch Fight Club. 

I'm looking forward to the episodes about Zodiac and Gone Girl.
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Chaz should be the guest on the FIGHT CLUB episode as someone who finally watched the movie in 2021!!

I would love to talk ZODIAC too, but I'm not at all prepared for it!
If you want me on the show, it should be Nooj and me on Godzilla 2014. It would be settled once and for if that movie is boring or not. I say not!
I've got good news and I've got bad news. The bad news is I've lost my way. The good news is I'm way ahead of schedule!
Speaking as someone who just watched THAT for the first time, I'm inclined to say that if it isn't so much boring, it's deliberate. Setpieces and plot points hit at such regular intervals that there's no suspense whatsoever.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
It's not at all what the podcast is about, but I just LOVE the idea of seeing the dark side of Chaz, the absolute sweetest goddamn person I've ever interacted with on-line or off, given free reign. If GODZILLA 2014 is what it takes to get him ranting, sure, I'll watch it and make myself love it. I'll even pretend to hate the Scorpions if it keeps him angry for an extra ten minutes.
(01-09-2021, 03:38 AM)Nooj Wrote: when you talk about THE GAME, you gotta talk about Fincher basically saying he regrets making it!

It's not like he truly dislikes it. He mainly just feels the 3rd act got wonky.
That’s true! But I never said he disliked it. It’s a little more complicated in that he regretted making it... without really figuring out the ending. And not listening to his wife’s advice to not make it.

But I’m glad he didn’t listen to her!

I also, I would happily appear with Chaz to talk dullzilla!
Good thing he chose to kill himself by jumping off the building at that EXACT spot.
That was my main takeaway, as well. Good thing!

The movie Fincher hates from his resume is clearly Alien3.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
I suppose BENJAMIN BUTTON, while a worse film, looks like it would have been a lot more fun to make than ALIEN3.
(01-11-2021, 02:59 AM)schwartz Wrote: It's not at all what the podcast is about, but I just LOVE the idea of seeing the dark side of Chaz, the absolute sweetest goddamn person I've ever interacted with on-line or off, given free reign.  If GODZILLA 2014 is what it takes to get him ranting, sure, I'll watch it and make myself love it.  I'll even pretend to hate the Scorpions if it keeps him angry for an extra ten minutes.

If such show happen, not that I expect it to because it wouldn't get you as many listens as a film like Seven would, but I would do my best to be rational champion of that movie.  If you have ever heard the World Wide Live version of Dynamite, you would know its impossible to hate the Scorpions!
I listened to most of the rankings episode twice because for some reason my phone started playing it again when it got to the end and I just went, "Huh, that's weird of my phone ... but what the hey, I guess I'll just do an immediate re-listen like some kind of mad man!" And somehow I was just as surprised and delighted by the rankings the second time.
We've got to find more stuff to rank in the near future, clearly.