Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FRANCIS AND THE GODFATHER
Whoa.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-godfath...234588678/

Oscar Isaac as Francis Ford Coppola.
Jake Gyllenhaal as Robert Evans.

As somebody who loves THE GODFATHER and has always been fascinated by the studio intrigue and turmoil behind the scenes on that film, this feels like it's being made especially for me.

I expect this to have an incredible cast assembled for it, though I don't envy whoever they get to play Brando.
If we can dream it, then we can do it.
Interesting news here is that Barry Levinson is still alive.
Christ. I'd be first in line for a stupid-long documentary miniseries on this topic, but why on earth do we need to fucking dramatize it?
Apparently the script is excellent.
(09-30-2020, 03:47 PM)Alt-molt Wrote: Interesting news here is that Barry Levinson is still alive.

that was my response
Has Levinson's made a good movie since Bandits? The Bay is so bad I could hardly believe it was made by Levinson. I still haven't seen that Rock the Kasbah movie.
WHAT JUST HAPPENED was okay. Features Willis doing a riff on Alec Baldwin refusing to shave his beard for THE EDGE. DeNiro does well in it but it’s standard insider-Hollywood type stuff.
I'm one of the few who actually liked THE BAY.
THE WIZARD OF LIES was pretty good. Excellent, low key De Niro performance as Bernie Madoff. I haven't seen his other HBO docudramas.
home taping is killing music