Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BUILD YOUR OWN SLASHER DRAFT - Sign Up and Discussion
(10-23-2020, 03:06 PM)Richard Dickson Wrote: I was kinda stumped for my final pick.  Had a few options I was meh about.  Then inspiration struck me.

It's an amazing pick.

As to Charles Nelson Reilly, I can imagine him annoying everyone with his schtick while trying to warn of impending doom.  I'm sure his death scene would be met with applause.
And he'd get off a better one-liner than the killer's.
"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."--Steve McQueen
Winter was my initial choice for 1st victim but then I felt creepy trying to find a matching pic.
If I could change to liquid, I'd fill the cracks and bend the rocks.
In honor of Joe Bob coming back tonight, let's see those Drive-In Totals for The Night Digger:

9 Dead Bodies
4 Breasts
0 Scenes of Night Digging, that's a ½ ★ deduction
1 Gratuitous Aardvarking Scene with the Promiscuous Girl and the Jock while the Killer watches through the window
1 Gratuitous Mooning Scene
Kung Fu
Shovel Fu
Gun Fu
Pig Fu
Breast Fu
Moon Fu
Drive-In Academy Award nomination for Guillermo Del Toro for delivering the line, "I seen them devil pigs at night....them pigs are from Hell!"
Drive-In Academy Award nomination for Brian Posehn for delivering the line, "Get that shit, boy! Get that shit!" when he breaks in on the Promiscuous Girl and the Jock aardvarking.
Drive-In Academy Award nomination for Alexandra Daddario and Dana DeLorenzo for getting into a girl-on-girl catfight/shoving match outside the convenience store and for Daddario knocking DeLorenzo to the ground with her breasts (hence the Breast Fu).
Drive-In Academy Award nomination for Olivia Thirlby for being the only Final Girl in horror history to defeat the Killer while bottomless.
★★★½
Puf Bob says check it out.
[Image: local-media712059160668172575.jpg]
Mangy Wrote:TCM 2 is like sentient cocaine.
Ennis Diller wins the thing for Bailey.
I punted on those last three "proper" picks, but I'm going to make up for it in the bonus, I hope.

Just to clarify, if we're casting an actor to play the killer, we can do that in addition to our two bonus picks?
home taping is killing music
I don't know if I want any bonuses. I think I've got what I need.
Just this guy, you know?
(10-23-2020, 04:46 PM)boone daniels Wrote: I punted on those last three "proper" picks, but I'm going to make up for it in the bonus, I hope.

Just to clarify, if we're casting an actor to play the killer, we can do that in addition to our two bonus picks?

Yes that's fine.
Pretty much got all my first choices and completed my synopsis.  Pray for The Gal Pals!
"Lets pour some sugar on Dallas!!  Seriose inquarys only!"
Just read your synopsis, ratty. Good stuff!
Hot Sandwich just killed it today.
Is there an easy, intuitive way to stretch the image count for a post from 10 to 12? Trying to make this fancy here.
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
(10-23-2020, 09:19 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: Is there an easy, intuitive way to stretch the image count for a post from 10 to 12? Trying to make this fancy here.

The only way I know around it is actually combining images. I did it for a few drafts, I'd do a preview post of several images together, do a screencap, crop out the combined image with free online image editor, then upload it to a hosting site.
Do the bonus picks have to be new character types? I kind of just want to fill out my version of Fox & Friends with two other comic relief/fools.
Thanks, JM.

I decided on the martial arts theme on a whim, and now I feel a bit stuck with it. Figured I might as well go completely cross-genre with JCVD.

Peele was the one stunt cast / meta pick-I allowed myself. Otherwise I think it starts to look too clever.
(10-23-2020, 09:53 PM)bailey Wrote: Do the bonus picks have to be new character types? I kind of just want to fill out my version of Fox & Friends with two other comic relief/fools.

As it's the Bonus, I guess that's alright.
For the record:

Doctor Insane, in Black/Dekker tradition, is more of a detective story. The final girl, stoner, and jock are the core three heroes who are racing against time to stop the murders.

Plot twist: Christopher Lee is the Tom Noonan character's father... and Traci Lords' grandfather.

In my mind, it plays out like Marathon Man within the context of something like Night of the Creeps.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
I love everything about Dr. Insane, Hunter. I wish I was watching that this month!

Out of rep, but the set-up for Ruby's film already sounds interesting, Boone.

Once again, thank you everyone for bringing your A-game. I was nervous as Hell as this is the first draft I've run here but this has been so much fun, and a nice distraction from real world BS.
I wish it existed, too.

I imagine there’d be a moment in Billy’s video store where he’d lead on to his deep love of crime films.

There would be an action sequence or two, and it would end on a definitive note that Dr. Insane is dead. He would turn out to be an inmate who, due to the asylum’s terrible management, never batted an eye at him being on the staff.

I see him as Szell meets Frank Booth without the sexual side: old, threatening, skilled at cornering victims. There’d be other school personnel that gets killed. The Bill Duke character would recruit the three leads to wear wires in the third act. LBilly and Hank both get injured in the final showdown. Mack presents the birth certificate of Masters, which does not identify a father. Mack seizes the opportunity to steal his surgical knife and stab him repeatedly. He crashes out the building.
"PREDATOR 2 feels like it was penned by convicts as part of a correctional facility's creative writing program, and that's what I love about it." - Moltisanti
Thanks for letting me post for Ruby, y'all.
Okay, I posted my other two bonus picks. Ended pretty strong! Really excited to sit down and flesh out some of the places that need it.
Ultimately I'm pretty happy with my list. If I had gone in a different direction, though, I would've adapted Groundhog Day 12 from Monster Squad:

[Image: 122681485_10218409210082657_897969735925...e=5FBB1EA4]
I ended up coming up with two bonus picks after all. I've added them to my list, as well the synopsis for the film.
Just this guy, you know?
Just read it. Good work, Richard!

Bailey, you did a great job of casting actors who look like the talking heads they're spoofing. I chuckled a lot reading the death scenarios.
Are we starting brackets tomorrow, or a week from tomorrow?
A week from tomorrow.

I still have to figure out how to quote people's posts in the list thread and transfer them to a match thread. I don't think I can do that on my phone.

BTW Boone, I like that you went the supernatural killer route. The plot reminds me a bit of Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night II, Sometimes They Come Back and Trick or Treat for the song element (which I'll actually be watching later today with a friend).
Thanks! The major inspiration was THEATER OF BLOOD, actually. I had originally thought the killer would be some vengeful one hit wonder killing people in the manner of teenage tragedy songs, but that felt too similar. But I liked that concept, and when I remembered there was that period in the 1980s when 50s/60s nostalgia was once again all the rage, that put a lot of things into place.
Y'know now that I think about it, I'm also reminded of The Misfits song Saturday Night, which is basically about a serial killer crooning a 50s love ballad.

Overall, a really fun concept and one of my favorites in the draft.