Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday Night Live - Season 46
I was a little irked at Jost playing the Daniel Jones stumble clip in reference to Biden. Sure, let's get the perception out there that Biden lost the debate.
Just this guy, you know?
(10-25-2020, 08:50 AM)MichaelM Wrote: Agreed those were entertaining. In fact, Adele breaking during the Africa sketch is pretty much what saved it.

I've never seen or heard H.E.R. before but liked what I saw and heard.

Yeah, it was the definition of a last 5 minutes of the show sketch. I was dying when she said “you can feel it in your stomach” and Adele almost fell over laughing.

And yeah, I’ve heard of H.E.R before but I’ve never heard any of the music. It wasn’t bad. 

(10-25-2020, 09:06 AM)Richard Dickson Wrote: I was a little irked at Jost playing the Daniel Jones stumble clip in reference to Biden.  Sure, let's get the perception out there that Biden lost the debate.

I think believe it or not the cold open addressed this better when Biden had to remind himself to not mention how bad Trumps kids are.

With next week being live, I really hope they close out the election stuff better than they did 4 years ago.
"Every romantic comedy should just be called "Tryin' to Fuck" - Patton Oswalt
(10-25-2020, 08:50 AM)MichaelM Wrote: Agreed those were entertaining. In fact, Adele breaking during the Africa sketch is pretty much what saved it.

I've never seen or heard H.E.R. before but liked what I saw and heard.

Highly recommend Focus if you haven't heard this song before.

I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
(10-25-2020, 09:06 AM)Richard Dickson Wrote: I was a little irked at Jost playing the Daniel Jones stumble clip in reference to Biden.  Sure, let's get the perception out there that Biden lost the debate.

Michael Che also made a joke last week about voters not being enthused about either of the candidates. I mean dude first, have you seen the record turnout of early voting. Second, have you been awake during the last 4 years! It's not about enthusiasm ass, it's about saving the country from being turned into a fascist state being run by a melon head idiot who cares about no one or nothing other than himself.
If you think that’s bad, they had Trump host the show while he was running for President!
(10-25-2020, 05:22 PM)history buff Wrote:

Michael Che also made a joke last week about voters not being enthused about either of the candidates.
That joke pissed me off too. Sick of the both sides bull shit. They should be eviscerating Trump every chance they get
AIt's just tits and dragons. - Ian McShane on Game of Thones
If Trump does win again is Maya Roudolph going to have to play the piano this time?
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
The sketch about the good smelling ass jeans lasted from the dawn of time to the end of all age.
(10-25-2020, 06:50 PM)waaaaaaaalt Wrote: If Trump does win again is Maya Roudolph going to have to play the piano this time?

Based on this last episode, she’s become a regular cast member again so sure, why not. 

As for the Biden stuff. They give it to Trump 10 times worse (last week they compared him to Cosby and Lauer) and nobody watching SNL after the last 4 years is voting Trump or is undecided. So a few jokes at Biden’s expense, I don’t think, is that big of a deal.

Also, now, probably predictably, there is backlash over the Africa sketch.
Yeah, even while I was watching that Africa sketch, I knew that was going to cause some problems. Read the room, SNL.
Ok without looking, fetishizing black men is the complaint? Or is it sex tourism being the problem? Ah well wither way it's going to end with an apology from Adele.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina                                                            
It seemed clear that the sketch was mocking white people for doing both of those things (fetishizing/sex tourism). Adele's breaking notwithstanding, it wasn't a particularly great sketch at doing that, but it seems like small potatoes.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
Yeah, it was doing both. And had she not broken up constantly it would have just been another last 5 minute sketch.
I mean, it's definitely fetishizing black men, but it's also super duper clear who the butt of the joke is in that sketch, so....I dunno.
(10-26-2020, 03:54 PM)schwartz Wrote: I mean, it's definitely fetishizing black men, but it's also super duper clear who the butt of the joke is in that sketch, so....I dunno.

Well that joke wasn't on black men but I don't really think it was on white women either. I mean the joke is that they pretend that they are going to see the sites but instead they are having amazing sex after a divorce. I guess the bigger question how many people are truly upset about this? Because this is the kind of shit you say to a racist in a Youtube comment section to piss him off.
This popped up in my feed. I don't know if I completely line up with Norm's pisstake - I resist the instinct- but there's a lot of truth.

"Got concrete rhymes, been rappin' for ten years and

Even when I'm braggin', I'm bein' sincere"

"Teenage angst has paid off well/ Now I'm bored and old"

"Drunk as hell, but no throwin' up

Half way home and my pager still blowin' up"

"I'm tired of living all alone
yeah, nobody ever calls me on the phone
But when things start getting bad
I just play my music louder"