Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GEORGE MILLER’S ‘FURIOSA’ IS FINALLY, TRULY HAPPENING
LINK: Goodbye, Charlize. Hello, Anya.
Yahya Abdul-Mateen II’s agent is really working overtime. WB loves the guy!
Well that's rocking good news!
NGL: I am not excited about this.

I'd rather have a new Max movie, or a Furiosa-centered "sequel" to Fury Road, one that moves us forward to unknown territory.

I'll probably see it, regardless, and hopefully I'll be surprised in a good way. But I'm just utterly burnt out on prequels, flashbacks, and backstories we absolutely don't need.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

My Steam ID: yizashigreyspear
I will always give George Miller the benefit of the doubt, as the man's track record over 40 years is pretty darn solid. The Furiosa character has intrigued me, and fact this was not green-lit mere days after the debut of Fury Road suggests Miller was going to take time - once again - to get the story right before approaching Warner's for a green light. If this is the tale that he's locked onto and he wants to tell, I'm all in!
I realize I'm in the minority on this.

Prequels, taken inclusively, can be good and tell a story with stakes and real tension. But look at the case of ROGUE ONE vs SOLO: R1, while technically a prequel, has a set of main characters we've never met before, don't know their fates, and don't know what their arcs or trajectories will be. SOLO, OTOH, is stakes- and tension-free. We pretty much know exactly where at least three of the characters will be at the end of the story (or shortly thereafter), and we get many minutes of backstory we didn't want, need, or particularly enjoy.

I feel like we know everything we need to about Furiosa's backstory. It's richer for letting us fill in the gaps. If we're going to get more of her, I'd rather see what happens after the events of FURY ROAD, not before.
"Nooj's true feelings on any given subject are unknown and unknowable. He is the butterfly flapping its wings in Peking. He is chaos and destruction and you shall never see his true form." - Merriweather

Could Hemsworth be playing the young Immortan?
Brigadier Cousins on PSN
This had better also be a DOOF WARRIOR origin story.
Everything about this seems poorly conceived.

But I said the same thing about Fury Road and am prepared to eat crow once again.

(10-13-2020, 02:49 PM)arjen rudd Wrote: Could Hemsworth be playing the young Immortan?

I need this to happen.
I've watched quite a few films since Fury Road back in the innocent days of 2015 but I haven't left the theatre with the same dizzy rush since then. I don't think I'll ever experience it again but George Miller is definitely the man that I'll bet on to get me there. I wish that it was still Charlize Theron in the role that she brought to life but other then that, I'm so in.
I think these screen captures and giant (Dildi? Is there a plural?) are just the next step in the JJ Abrams online adventure series. Very slyly played, Bitches Leave.-Tom Fuchs
Fury Road is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, but of course I'll see this opening day.

Quote:Could Hemsworth be playing the young Immortan?

Immortan Joey!
(10-13-2020, 04:35 PM)Overlord Wrote: Everything about this seems poorly conceived.

But I said the same thing about Fury Road and am prepared to eat crow once again.

I wasn't down on Fury Road but this seems so unnecessary. One of the best aspects of Fury Road was the economy of storytelling and worldbuilding. It gives us everything we need to know about Furiosa; the rest is stuff we can and should fill in without flashbacks or prequels.

This makes about as much sense as RIPLEY would as a film project; the story of Ellen Ripley before she gets on the Nostromo! All about her young daughter and failed marriage! How her ex-husband has a brush with alien life!

With apologies to those who really liked the Indiana Jones TV show, a prequel about young Furiosa is about necessary as a full movie about young Indiana Jones. What made him choose archaeology? How did he meet Sallah? Who was the mysterious asshole he adopted his persona from?

No more fucking prequels. Tell new goddamned stories, please.