Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
George Miller's FURIOSA with Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris Hemsworth & Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
I think the amount of baggage that Gibson comes with would have hobbled the movie. FURY ROAD came across as something fresh and new to the audience unfamiliar with the original movies and still fit right in for those of us that grew up with them. Maybe it would have been marketed as a comeback for him, but then you're making the movie do a job it shouldn't have to do and creating a whole separate conversation. Re-casting was the way to go. After the Furiosa prequel, I hope we get a Hardy sequel. And I refuse to look up how old George Miller is to see if that's realistic.
Any love Theron got for the Furiosa role would've been kneecapped by her willingness to work with noted domestic abuser Mel Gibson.

Fury Road is a feminist film, after all.
Fine, make the point I was trying to make much more succinctly and effectively, why don't you?
(10-20-2020, 01:14 PM)Amos Wrote: Any love Theron got for the Furiosa role would've been kneecapped by her willingness to work with noted domestic abuser Mel Gibson.

Fury Road is a feminist film, after all.

That is true and then probably apologize for it later.
“I call upon you to stop this musical now,” she said to the board. “You tear a community apart if you don’t.” -Prachi Ruina